Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341199 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy V. 13 coming to the 360 after all?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy V. 13 coming to the 360 after all?  (Read 3875 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »

Disc swapping should never be deal breaking, and only idiots let it be.

It's a valid reason to go for one version or the other, but the closest I can see to it being legitimately deal breaking is if, say, Baldur's Gates disc swaps really annoyed you, so you'd rather wait on other Infinity Engine games until you upgrade your harddrive and can fully install the games easily. Not that that's an issue for modern PC gaming, but it's a point I'd find legitimate, especially since disc swapping functioned differently from the console RPGs most of us were likely more familiar with at the time.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »

Oh man, the disc swapping in Baldur's Gate really did annoy me.  Still liked the game, though.  But like you said that's completely different from the PSX RPG disc swapping of yesteryear.  You would sometimes have fetch quests and such that required you to change discs to get from area A to area B and then change again to get back to area A...

In the console space, the main content difference between the discs has traditionally just been cinematics, and discs are swapped as the plot advances (and never swapped back).  However, I would't be surprised if we're moving away from that.  There is less and less reason to do prerendered cinematics these days.

Of course, prerendered cinematics have become S-E's 'thing' so they will probably cling to them longer than anyone else, especially for a game with 'Final Fantasy' in the title.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »

Well I'm certain about a 360 release but I could care less.I'm getting the PS3 version for sure and Microsoft will need some hefty incentives to convince me of a 360 version purchase apart from avatar props and gamer pictures.In fact Microsoft should pay me to get the 360 version of Versus XIII.Still I'm hoping for Versus XIII to also arrive on the DS someday

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: