Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335259 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies comes Stateside in July.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies comes Stateside in July.  (Read 3827 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »

Oh, right. I forgot the multiplayer stuff. Quake 3 is the only online game I've ever liked, so if the single player aspect doesn't provide much in DQIX...

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »

since i didnt like DQ8 i think im gonna steer clear of this one.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »

You didn't even like Jessica in one of her many Bustiers getting Puff-Puffed in a humorous fashion?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »

After complaining a little I thought about going back to finish DQ5, I was in the last dungeon so it shouldn't be that much of a bother. Then I remember the main reason why I keep playing Dragon Quest: the music !

It happened both with 5 and 8, the music is so beautiful that I simply can't get mad with the game.

Oh, but I did remember another thing I hated, and that is since the first hour of gaming until the last. Why when you talk to the priest to save he talks as if there is no ending, and after you save he asks you if you would like to keep playing or not ? I mean, if I don't want to play the game I'll just shut off the videogame. Does he think we'll do what ? Go back to DOS lol
If it were PS3 on 360 at least there's a dashboard with stuff to do. It would still be weird but at least reasonable.

I should stop here, because if I keep typing I'll find something else to complain about.
I just find it weird myself, because I don't hate DQ, I quite enjoy them, but I think they fall short of great for me because of this gripes I have.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

You can't hate Dragon Quest, that's like falcon punching your mom in the face.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:37:46 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »

You're kidding.....right?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »

It's a valid reason. What is a less valid reason is loving the other Dragon Quest games but refusing to play this because being on the DS makes them angry.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »

I'm not really seeing the problem with that comment.  I, too, didn't like DQVIII and was glad when they went with a more DQIII approach to this title.

After complaining a little I thought about going back to finish DQ5, I was in the last dungeon so it shouldn't be that much of a bother. Then I remember the main reason why I keep playing Dragon Quest: the music !

It happened both with 5 and 8, the music is so beautiful that I simply can't get mad with the game.
I'd highly suggest playing DQVII, then. VII's soundtrack is beautiful.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 01:40:31 AM »

No, I'm just a huge fan of Dragon Quest VIII, and I can't find anything wrong with it, maybe except for the long grinding hours.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »

DQVIII is the slowest in the series, there's lots of people who didn't like it or don't consider it their favourite.

Can anyone can deny the presentation was top-notch though? I doubt that, and the stellar localization only added to that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:32:16 PM by jj984jj » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »

DQ8's attack animations were overly long. It's the ONLY game in the series with that problem, though.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

KGB13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »

I loved DQ8, so I'm definitely getting this.

MyAnimeList
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »

I beat DQV yesterday. Yeah after complaining so much.
I have just realized that I hate endings in game that you have to play. Like in both DQV and VIII. When I beat the last boss I just wanna seat back and enjoy.  But overall I liked the game, but I know I won't be trying nor 4 nor 6, because I dare say I'll get mad about the same things I got mad at in 5.

A little off topic, I was just saying I don't like playing in the ending of a game, but thinking about it's not entirely true. In Bayonetta and Devil May Cry 3 I loved doing that, probably there's another game I don't remember now.
But in God of War 3 I I hated it, it felt like a drag, and took so long. I think there is a thin line in where you can ask the player to play at the ending. If it takes me more than a minute I curse the game. I remember in DQVIII I just didn't turn off the game because I didn't want to beat the last boss again lol !

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »

DQ8's attack animations were overly long. It's the ONLY game in the series with that problem, though.

DQM:J has that problem too. I'd like to think they might have fixed that for IX but I'm not getting my hopes up.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »

Well... is the only one of dragon quest series (not counting joker) where you actually see your characters in battles... Still, i think it wasn't long at all, it was insinde of my standards, and in my standards, the perfect speed in a turn battle rpg, was what FF10 used.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: