Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338650 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Mario Galaxy 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 2515 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »

So, it comes out tomorrow in North America, and in the next few weeks in Europe. Sadly, Australasia don't get it until July (WHY!?).

Perfect 10's from both IGN and GameSpot, 37/40 from Famitsu, and several other very good reviews from critics. Who's getting it?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »

Sacrificed Final Fantasy XIII to get this for $11 from Amazon, and the $20 credit will go to Dragon Quest IX. It's almost like I'm being paid ten bucks to play it!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:05:26 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »

I don't have a Wii, but maybe in one or two years more I would buy one. Afterall you can always found a brand new copy of a Super Mario game.

Sin and Punishment 2 is going to be a compulsive buy from me, I'm sure that I'm not going to find many copies of that game in my country... oh well, the rest of the year for me is all about Falcom and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

I need money! ;A;
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 03:52:30 AM »

I'm undecided. I liked the first one, but I don't think it was as great as everyone made it out to be. I still prefer Super Mario 64. But the reviews are extremely positive... Lowest I've seen was about 9.5/10!

ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:15:23 AM »

Afterall you can always found a brand new copy of a Super Mario game.

Aye to that. I just wish they'd lower the prices. I'm sick of seeing Super Mario 64 DS at full retail!

Sin and Punishment 2 is going to be a compulsive buy from me, I'm sure that I'm not going to find many copies of that game in my country...

I'm sure Sin and Punishment 2 will be a great one to get as well, the original may well be one of the best rail shooters to ever be released. I don't think it'll be very easy to get here either.

I'm undecided. I liked the first one, but I don't think it was as great as everyone made it out to be. I still prefer Super Mario 64. But the reviews are extremely positive... Lowest I've seen was about 9.5/10!

I too prefer SM64.  Well, if you didn't like the original as much as most, I guess you could always give yourself some time to contemplate on buying it. However, Nintendo aren't very generous with their pricing. They just don't like lowering them. But still, if the lowest thus far is 9.5, then it oughta be an epic title.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »

Here's a fraction of the review of Destructoid about Super Mario Galaxy 2:

If you're looking for the negative section in this review, you're not going to find it; I have nothing bad to say. Going in, I expected to call Nintendo out for treading water, revisiting Super Mario Galaxy  in this sequel. They didn't, though. Instead, they poured in the same creativity and imagination that made me fall in love with games like Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World. To me it feels like they finally felt the freedom and comfort in 3D platforming to get back to that Nintendo magic that we all remember. The end result is a galaxy of surprise after surprise, all coming together in a game that tops even my past favorites, making this the best Mario game Nintendo has released. Everything you've ever loved and more about the Mario series is here, and you'll be missing out on something truly special by passing on this game.

Score: 10 -- Flawless Victory (10s are as close to perfect as you will get in a genre or on a platform. Pure, untarnished videogame ecstasy.)

The whole the review is indeed a good read, a shame that I still don't own a Wii to enjoy this.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:51:34 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »

I love this game - the secrets have fucken secrets!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:33:19 AM »

Yo dawg, I heard you like secrets. So I put a secret in your secret, so you can discover while you discover.

Excellent!

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »

I've been playing Mario games since the NES days, so as time goes it always takes a bit more effort to impress me, while some in the process have been really good, other were just good or ok.
But Mario Galaxy 2 is spetacular! It's so much better than Galaxy 1 and I dare say any other Mario game, including Mario 3, World and 64!

There's so much variety, nothing feels repetitive, everything is so smooth. The controls, camera, gameplay, visuals. But what really grabbed my attention, more than the awesome gameplay, was the music. God, it's everything I could wish for. Every tiny piece of it is fully orchestrated.

I had Galaxy 1, but didn't finish it. Not because it wasn't good, but it didn't blow me away like this one. Seriously guys, don't overlook this game, this one is truly a masterpiece.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »

I like this game- but some of the stars are simply too frustrating for me too even bother wasting the headache.
Seriously, some of the Prankster Comets could give an aspirin a headache

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »

Wow. And here I thought Galaxy 1 was the greatest Mario game ever (or at least second to 3). The 3D Marios never really impressed me, until Galaxy. 64 was okay, but when I really thought about how it compared to the 2Ds, it was still a step behind. Nintendo is on a roll it seems. I'll have to pick this up. I'm all ready to trade in Persona 3 and a few other games to help pay for this.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
ShadowLaguna

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 12:42:53 AM »

I'm all ready to trade in Persona 3 and a few other games to help pay for this.

Persona 3?? Nooooo!!

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »

lowest I've seen it was 9.25 (in gameinformer)
i always seem to suck with games like this and regret getting them
edit: wouldn't trading games in only pay for a dollar each or so?
persona 3 is worth wayyyyyy more than that, fes or not
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:26:49 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »

Actually, I'm not sure I'm really into it. I'm on world 2, but it just feels kinda devoid of the character the first Mario Galaxy had. I'm kinda shocked at how little they changed. It feels like Mario Galaxy with a new level set, and without the storytelling. Honestly, the story-book and characters in MG1 were really wonderful, and everyone seemed really happy about how much of an improvement it made to have something emotive in the Mario universe for a change. What happened to that sentiment in MG2? Now we have a fat purple star captaining a spaceship that looks like a Mario chia-pet. I'm just not connecting.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:22:15 AM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 01:23:23 AM »

Actually, I'm not sure I'm really into it. I'm on world 2, but it just feels kinda devoid of the character the first Mario Galaxy had. I'm kinda shocked at how little the changed. It feels like Mario Galaxy with a new level set, without the storytelling. Honestly, the story-book and characters in MG1 were really wonderful, and everyone made a big deal about how much of an improvement it made to have something emotive in the Mario universe for a change. What happened to that sentiment in MG2? Now we have a fat purple star captaining a spaceship that looks like a Mario chia-pet. I'm not connecting.

According to Miyamoto, you should.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: