Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334540 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  What rare RPGs have you found?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: What rare RPGs have you found?  (Read 7674 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 06:35:20 PM »

Anyway, I have lots of rare and unusual games, but my crowning achievement was digging a sealed copy of Suikoden 2 out of a Wal-mart clearance bin, nabbing it for $20.  Average going price at the time was well over $200.  Felt good man.
I ripped off my friend's brother to get mine. I traded him my Kingdom Hearts for it. >:}

Not sure which of my other RPGs are considered rare though.

Maybe Persona 2 EP (which Hidoshi got for me awhile back), Shadow Hearts 1, Lunar 1 and 2 (PSX), Thousand Arms, Koudelka... Not sure what else.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:23 PM »

I'm not sure if Brave Fencer Musashi's rare, but I did get that a few years ago. For three bucks.

Also apparently Planescape: Torment and Ultima Collection are rare.

Oh. I got a complete copy of Might and Magic 2 last year.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »

I've gotten *a lot* of PS1/PS2 games since I moved back to Canada to go to school two years ago.

For PS1 RPGs I've added

Alundra
Breath Of Fire III
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy VII
Guardian's Crusade
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve I & II
Saga Frontier I & II
Vandal Hearts

I also own Persona 1 & 2, Suikoden 1 & 2 and Xenogears. 

For PS2 - I don't really know what's rare other than the SMT games.

I have all the SMT games, but I've gotten them as they've come out.
I have the boxed set for DDS 1 & 2 :D

I bought Shadow Hearts when it came out, though it seems to be rare now.

Same with Xenosaga III, and I don't know why.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »

A few days ago, I found a nearly flawless copy of Arc the Lad Collection, complete with sealed standees, analog stick covers, manual, etc. I... had trouble suppressing my enthusiasm. It was $60, but I had about $50 in store credit, so it wasn't too bad.

I've also had a number of amazing finds at the same local used game store, including Dragon Warrior VII, Breath of Fire IV, Saga Frontier 2, and Suikoden III/V. Most of them were pricier than I would've liked, but they're all in great condition and it feels awesome to have them in my collection again.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »

I could probably just post a list of all the PS1 RPG's I own, since 3/4 of them are pretty rare now days.  I got Suikoden 1 from Movie Gallery for 15$.  Suikoden 2 from EB Games for $30.  That was -before- I worked at Gamestop, once I began working there it became much easier to find all the RPG's I still wanted to own for PS1/PS2.  Since Gamestop doesn't take PS1 games I had many people telling me I could have their PS1 games or just throw them away, they no longer wanted them.  I picked up Legend of Dragoon and Metal Gear Solid for PS1 this way, I also got an extra copy of FF7(Non-Greatest Hits, but the CDs are Greatest Hits, which leaves me with 2 Greatest-hits copies).

Most of the Squaresoft PS1 releases I got when they were initially released, like Legend of Mana, Chrono Cross, Threads of Fate, Brave Fencer Musashi.  I traded SaGa Frontier 2 for Valkyrie Profile.  The only glaring hole in my PS1 collection is I'm missing Shin Megami Tensei Persona 1 and 2.  I've been hoping to trade a copy of FF7 for either of those 2.  I feel like a fool for not buying the re-release of Persona 2 that was released to Gamestops.  I swear we had 6 sealed, BRAND NEW copies of Persona 2 for 20$ and I didn't buy them.  They were gone within a day, local video game story bought them all and sold them for upwards of $80-100$.

I have a ton of PS2 games but I don't really consider them all that rare, there's a few that are hard to find now days but a lot of the really hard stuff has been rereleased.  I got Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 and DDS2 for 20$ apiece.  I bought Gradius III+IV and Gradius V simply because I was told they were rare games (especially Gradius V).  That's all I can really remember off the top of my head.  Sounds like it's about time for a photo thread of our video game collections/gaming areas!

Edit:  Forgot I own both Lunar's for PS1 and the Arc the Lad collection.  I was a sucker for Working Designs.  I also have Grandia for PS1, Grandia 2 for Dreamcast and Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast.  I think I'm gonna edit this later and just post a list of the RPG's I own.  Or maybe just make a new thread with pictures, that would be more interesting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:33:14 PM by Masamune » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »

I used to have a copy a Tactics Ogre and Dragon Warrior VII both with strategy guides, but I sold them off. I sold a bunch of PS1 RPGs from my collection, but I kept Alundra, Breath Of Fire III and Vagrant Story since they were among my favorites.

The Tactics Ogre rom was recently patched with an English translation, so I don't see there being much demand for the PS1 release in the future.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »

The Tactics Ogre rom was recently patched with an English translation, so I don't see there being much demand for the PS1 release in the future.

Except from the whiners who were left unpleased that the Super Famicom version was only given the PSX translation instead of one redone completely from the ground up to appeal to their specific wants.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

Except from the whiners who were left unpleased that the Super Famicom version was only given the PSX translation instead of one redone completely from the ground up to appeal to their specific wants.

Really? I was trying to tell if it was the same, but I couldn't. I could care less. I'm just happy I can play the game on my laptop without ridiculous load times.

"Oh, a hunter..."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »

Making that FE thread reminded me: I have two of the three Super Famicom ones: Monshou no Nazo and Seisen no Keifu. They weren't terribly cheap but if I was to look for Thracia 776 it'd cost an arm and a leg.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »

Making that FE thread reminded me: I have two of the three Super Famicom ones: Monshou no Nazo and Seisen no Keifu. They weren't terribly cheap but if I was to look for Thracia 776 it'd cost an arm and a leg.

Yeah. Good luck with that one. That's like one of the last Super Famicom games ever made and was released back in the year 2000 (back when the US was getting such gems as Majora's Mask, FFIX, and Chrono Cross while drooling over news of the upcoming MGS2, FFX, and so on...).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Federax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:46 PM »

Some awesome deals I've made in the past. 

Exchanged Mystaria, a not so good srpg for the Saturn, + $5 for Albert Odyssey.  I've conclude this deal with the owner of a local video game store that was hungry for money and knew nothing about videogames. I remember that there was a employee right behind the counter that couldn't believe what was going on.  I'm very surprised he didn't say a word.   

I found Valkyrie Profile for $30 at a Zellers at the boxing day.  It was the last copy.  I simply adore this game.

Found Suikoden II in mint and complete condition at a flea market  for only $20.  The game was under many bad or common PSX games that weren't selling.  I was sure that the employee would've tell me that this was a mistake.  But it was not!!!!  Boy was I thrilled.

Found Guardian Heroes (mint and complete) for $10 at the same flea market.  The man was selling all kind of junk so he knew nothing about videogames.

Exchanged Eternal Eyes (very bad srpg) + $5 for Brigandine (mint, complete with the map) at another flea market.  I remember the salesman didn't know anything about this game, so I told him it was a srpg like Final Fantasy Tactics so he immediatedly accepted my offer. 

Found Dragon Force (mint and complete) for only $22 at a local game store that closed its doors a couple of years later.  The owner was trying to liquidate all the Saturn games in store because it was the PSX era.  At the time, I had no Sega Saturn and I didn't even knew the game or even Working Designs.  But the back of the box was way too awesome.  I bought it anyway and found a Saturn a couple of weeks later.   

These deals were made when the canadian dollar was worth about $0.70 of the US dollar.  These are games in my personnal collection that I'm very fond of(not sure if I can say this word in English about videogames but whatever)  because they bring back awesome memories to me.  Hope you enjoy!!!
Summoner Yuna

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »

Unfortunately, Latin America is a barren wasteland when it comes to RPGs. Stores will usually have bad stereotypical action and shooter games. All the games that I own have been bought off Amazon and Ebay, and at hefty prizes. But otherwise, I would have never been able to play those games. I own a non-greatest hits copy of Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden, Suikoden II and recently I acquired Valkyrie Profile, which I'm currently playing and loving. As fors PS2, I own Suikoden III and V and all three episodes of Xenosaga. I just consider myself extremely lucky to own these games, considering my geographical handicap.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 10:58:09 PM »

Okay I'm just going to start listing off STUFF.

SNES
---
Wizardry 5
Arcana
Big Sky Trooper
Robotrek
Christ I really don't know what was rare on the snes? Earthbound? The blaezr gaems?

PSX
---

Valkyrie Profile
Non-greatest hits Xenogears and FFT
Guardian... Lege... Cru... motherfucking Knight and Baby.
Tail of the Sun (This is SORT OF an RPG so whatevz)
Alundra 1
Sentient (Not sure if this is an RPG or an adventure game. It's weird and I've never properly figured it out. I find it oddly alluring).
Apparently Lunar 1 and ARc the Lad collection are rare.

Sega Genitals
---

I have Landstalker, Rings of Power (which is the bizzles fuckin' k'nizzles and y'all should be down with that bitch), Shadowrun, and Warriors of the Eternal Sun. No clue if any of those are rare or not.

Gamesboys
---

Sword of Hope 1 and 2, Rolan's Curse 1 and 2, Ninja... Taro. Not sure if these are actually rare or not. Rolan's Curse 2 is a lot of fun and has like my third favorite gameboy soundtrack (if you can't guess my favorite gameboy soundtrack then you obviously know nothing about me, dad). (fuck you, dad).

PC
---

Lordy, lordy look who just drank my entire forty and is going to get shanked. Let's see here, buuuuuddy.

Entomorph: Plague of Darkfall (Mac version)
Ultima Collection
Some weird Elvira adventure game
Realms of the Haunting (Is this an RPG? I've never played it)
I want to say Alien Logic except I see that everywhere that has old games.
SSI Goldbox Complete Collection
Interplay RPG pack (thing that had Wasteland and Bard's Tale and Dragon Wars and the Xeen and Ultima Underworld games in it)
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire (some weird jewel case edition I never knew existed)
Quest for Glory 4
Redguard
Holy fucking hell I need to take inventory on this stuff.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »

Oh! I forgot to mention that I have Fear Effect 1 and 2! God I love that towel scene from the first one and the bug/robot tentacle suction thing from the second...
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »

I have a few semi-rare PS2 RPGs such as Devil Summoner 1, the first Shadow Hearts and Suikoden V, but that's pretty much it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: