Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319130 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Iris: Grand Fantasm
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atelier Iris: Grand Fantasm  (Read 934 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »

For some reason I was under the impression this game was for the PSP. So I was pretty surprised when I saw it for the PS2 on my monthly trip to my local import store. That being said, this game is awesome. I like it more than the Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana games.

The game has an almost Grandia-esque battle system, and all spells and special abilities are reliant on a special attack gauge that fills as you use normal attacks (the max level being nine, with special skills and abilities using up one or two levels for the most part). At the bottom is a burst gauge and as you smack enemies, it'll fill, and when enemies attack you, it'll lower. When it hits max you enter a combo mode which fills the special attack gauge to full and increases the power of all your special attacks. It also counts the number of hits you make in this mode, as it can affect the post-battle earnings, and some attacks can also deal more damage with a higher number of hits.

The story is nothing too great, graphics aren't too big of a departure from previous games, music is okay, and for some reason there is very little voice acting (WTF?), but overall this is turning out to be my favorite Atelier Iris game, if only for the high number of hot chicks. My one complaint is that it's too damn easy.

More impressions to follow.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »

I'd get it, but Im being cautious about what I buy these days, and I really don't feel like dishing out 60 bucks for an "okay" game, I hate to say it, but I want fuckin' extraoridinary!! or something.  Y'know, the whole bang for my buck deal.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: