Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327445 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow  (Read 1882 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Blue_Dragon_DS_Interview/

Okay, i got this game, i have like 3 hours playing it, honestly, i wasn't expecting much... but woa, im actually liking this game pretty much O.o, and the graphics arent bad either, there are lots of places to go, the battles are not as dull as i though they would be, there is not a huuugee but still nice customization and the story, and dialogues are keeping me interested in the game, even if i never played the xbox one, i'm slowly understanding what happened in that game (and made me want to play it more, too bad it was only released for xbox)

Tried multiplayer mode with a friend and i had a lot of fun playing it, i think im addicted to this now...

Has anybody else got this game?

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »

I haven't liked any of the other Blue Dragon games so I wasn't planning on picking this up. But maybe it sounds like it isn't so bad! I'll have to look into it further...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »

From what I've heard its supposed to be what DQIX was originally intended to be, but with a smaller budget.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »

From what I've heard its supposed to be what DQIX was originally intended to be, but with a smaller budget.

Yeah, it looks like DQ9, but with less "quality" DQ9 has (still, it doesn't looks bad at all) close to what Avalon Code graphics are, but with more chibi characters...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:02:39 PM by WildArms » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »

I haven't even heard of this game before you mentioned, I'm surprised!
I did play about 10 hours of Blue Dragon in the Xbox, and I gotta say I was enjoying it, much more than any minute of Lost Odyssey (even though I like much more the mature theme of the second).

I didn't care for the weird looking spinoff, but this one looks really nice. I'll definitively try this one out.

Maybe if Blue Dragon had a little more time to polish, some aspects it would've been much better.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

Ive been looking around lately for some input on this game, glad to see it might be worth checking out.  Definately Appealing to me.  The first game (360) was alright, but for some reason certain aspects irked me, so I gave up on it.  The first DS one was apparently hideous, and alot like revenant wings in gameplay, which I disliked, but this has been interesting looking, and I like the concept behind blue dragon.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:34 AM »

It seems like a solid game.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:11:47 AM »

Well, if anyone gets it, let's trade Friend Codes so we can try playing together sometime. :D

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »

Ive been looking around lately for some input on this game, glad to see it might be worth checking out.  Definately Appealing to me.  The first game (360) was alright, but for some reason certain aspects irked me, so I gave up on it.  The first DS one was apparently hideous, and alot like revenant wings in gameplay, which I disliked, but this has been interesting looking, and I like the concept behind blue dragon.

That's the odd thing with the Blue Dragon series.  The first one was turn-based, the second one was RTS, and this one is action-RPG.  I don't think I've seen an RPG series change battle systems this drastically and this frequently over the course of the series. 

I approve of this nonsense!
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »

Ive been looking around lately for some input on this game, glad to see it might be worth checking out.  Definately Appealing to me.  The first game (360) was alright, but for some reason certain aspects irked me, so I gave up on it.  The first DS one was apparently hideous, and alot like revenant wings in gameplay, which I disliked, but this has been interesting looking, and I like the concept behind blue dragon.

That's the odd thing with the Blue Dragon series.  The first one was turn-based, the second one was RTS, and this one is action-RPG.  I don't think I've seen an RPG series change battle systems this drastically and this frequently over the course of the series.  

Well summon night has normal rpg (recently released for DS, summon night X), srpg (started out with strategy, 1,2,3 and 4 if i remember correctly), real time (like the last one released for ps2, or yoake no tsubasa), the real time touch or w/e catagory is in these kind of games for DS (close to FF12 revenant wings, summon night twing age, but this could be real time as well...),  and "tales of" style, rpg fused with real time (swordcraft story 1 and 2, there is a 3 z0mg, we will never see it in english D:)...

Althought we only got in english the last ones i mentioned T.T, and the DS twin age one ....

Summon night and blue dragon series are the only ones ive seen all this kind of changes :D, imo i pretty much like when they are changing like this
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:48:31 PM by WildArms » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »

Ive been looking around lately for some input on this game, glad to see it might be worth checking out.  Definately Appealing to me.  The first game (360) was alright, but for some reason certain aspects irked me, so I gave up on it.  The first DS one was apparently hideous, and alot like revenant wings in gameplay, which I disliked, but this has been interesting looking, and I like the concept behind blue dragon.

That's the odd thing with the Blue Dragon series.  The first one was turn-based, the second one was RTS, and this one is action-RPG.  I don't think I've seen an RPG series change battle systems this drastically and this frequently over the course of the series.  

Well summon night has normal rpg (recently released for DS, summon night X), srpg (started out with strategy, 1,2,3 and 4 if i remember correctly), real time (like the last one released for ps2, or yoake no tsubasa), the real time touch or w/e catagory is in these kind of games for DS (close to FF12 revenant wings, summon night twing age, but this could be real time as well...),  and "tales of" style, rpg fused with real time (swordcraft story 1 and 2, there is a 3 z0mg, we will never see it in english D:)...

Althought we only got in english the last ones i mentioned T.T, and the DS twin age one ....

Summon night and blue dragon series are the only ones ive seen all this kind of changes :D, imo i pretty much like when they are changing like this

There is also the Mana series, but the less said about that, the better.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »

There is also the Mana series, but the less said about that, the better.

Lol, and now that i think about it, STING, even if they just have 3 games, the 3 are from different genre, and really different :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:36:56 PM »

Lol, and now that i think about it, STING, even if they just have 3 games, the 3 are from different genre, and really different :P

Sting has way more than 3 games. However, the Dept. Heaven series specifically does count for radically changing gameplay between installments.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 11:46:25 PM »

Sting has way more than 3 games. However, the Dept. Heaven series specifically does count for radically changing gameplay between installments.

Woho! i never knew baroque was STING's lol xD that was pretty lame to miss, also donkapon kingdom o.0, and i knew knights of knightmare but  i  forgot about it D: *never played it*

jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 01:02:16 AM »

The Dept. Heaven series basically just signifies Shinichi Ito's games, the rest of Sting's games aren't directed and designed by him.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: