Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 04:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329390 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem: Another remake is in the works.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Another remake is in the works.  (Read 8649 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/195.html

On one hand, yay. On another... I still haven't beaten the GameCube game. Or touched the Wii one, or even Shadow Dragon (DS).

All of which I own. And this one is essentially a sequel/part two to Shadow Dragon.

In a way, I hope they keep going with the remakes. I'd LOVE to see them do the other Super Famicom games, Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776. They're supposed to be the best story-wise (I never beat them).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »

Shadow Dragon was a re-release of a 20 year-old game with horrid-looking updated muddy graphics and bare minimum/unnecessary changes to gameplay. If that's what they think will draw attention from me, they are sadly mistaken.

It should've been a remake of FE3 entirely from the get-go anyway.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

Path of Radiance is an awesome game, Radiant Dawn not so much.

I thought the graphics for Shadow Dragon were okay, actually. The gameplay was pretty dull though compared to that of the later series.
In all honestly I would prefer an original game on the DS rather than another remake, but this is the era of the remake so I'll just go with it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »

Yeah, from what I did see of SD's graphics, I wasn't too crazy about them.

The fact that this is essentially part 2 of a single game (part one of FE3 was also a remake of FE1 for those that don't know) seems to be the biggest complaint among FE fans. I don't blame them either, though I'm still going to play it. Eventually.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »

I'll be buying. I've played and beaten every one  that has came over here so far except for the Wii one (couldn't touch the final battle and never went back to it).

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:41 PM »

On the one hand we've already gotten the first half of the game. On the other hand, 3 really did clean up the series's mechanics so it'll be at least somewhat closer to a more modern game than 1 was (though dismounting is going to be interesting if worthless, especially if they carry over SD's class changing mechanic). Also I had no problem with the graphics you plebs. I'm just a bit down that they didn't do Gaiden instead.

However, after seeing the youtube video and finding a translation of the info mentioned in the video, it may be suggesting that instead of Book 1 being a condensed and refined remake of the first game, there may be another Book in the works. The subtitle's subtitle is Heroes of Light and Shadow.

Code:
And I'm venturing a guess that we may get to see Hardin's side of the story or something to that effect.

That or Alm and Cecilia are getting retconned back into series despite Gaiden being like every other Nintendo game sequel at the time.

This could be awesome yolks.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

i hope this one is a better remake. from what i hear SD wasnt much different from the nes original. wich is probally why the story was boring as hell. though i did like Minerva.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Texcap

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »

HUGE Fire Emblem fan so this is great news for me, and I imagine I'll scoop this one up as quickly as I have every other FE release that has made it to U.S. shores.

I will admit that I didn't enjoy Shadow Dragon nearly as much as I was hoping I would, but I had huge expectations for it on the DS given how much fun The Blazing Sword and The Sacred Stones were on the GBA and it just never quite hit that same level of greatness for me. But it was still a fine game and I'd love to see them go that extra mile this time around and really do the series proud. Also, in a perfect world they'd re-implement the skirmish and tower areas from The Sacred Stones again, as that aspect of the game really provided a ton of fun for me as I unlocked each of the different character potentials and abilities through my trips to those areas (following the main dual campaigns). It was exactly the kind of fun pick up and play I look for in hand held games such as these.

Anyhow, can't wait for more info.

Fortiter -- Per Mare Per Terras!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »

I'm kinda interested, but I didn't like Shadow Dragon much. It was a bit of a let down really.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »

For me, the most important thing has always been the support conversations. Many of them were just as interesting as the main plot itself. I found that the best ones were all in The Blazing Sword. Of course, having slightly different endings for each pairing was also fun. The Sacred Stones wasn't as good as FE7 IMO, but it was still great. FEDS had almost no support conversations/characters of any sort. The only reason you'd use the class change system is because you want to use a combination of characters you like that don't have a balanced class spread. Of course, with almost no actual characters, it became a completely pointless system.

Aside from that, FEDS had horrible balancing. H5 is damn near impossible to beat without getting a bunch of lucky rolls on hit rates and whatnot. So not only did they take the lazy route with no new support conversations whatsoever, it also had a lot of gameplay flaws that many of the previous installments didn't have.
Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »

Im actually playing through Shadow Dragon now, and while it definitely is not amazing, considering its origins I find it acceptable. Im enjoying it quite a bit actually. Its the first Fire Emblem ive actually owned and not just fooled around with, and its making me look forward to other titles.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:45 AM »

Yeah, here's hoping they abandon their "Let's make these games not that much different from their original forms!" idea they had in SD and go with making it as much like FE6-10 as possible.

But even if they don't, I'll probably buy it anyway.  I'm a huge sucker for FE games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 01:35:15 AM »

I agree with Hathen, the supports were what drew me into FE the most. It was such a unique way to give the characters more personality outside the main storyline - which you kind of need with such a big cast.

That and I apparently *really* like to strategize.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:46 AM »

I agree with Hathen, the supports were what drew me into FE the most. It was such a unique way to give the characters more personality outside the main storyline - which you kind of need with such a big cast.

That and I apparently *really* like to strategize.
Not to mention the pairings. *remembers the joke Raven x Lucius x Priscilla fanfic*... XD

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 02:21:27 AM »

Quote from: A bunch of whiny posters posted
Bwah! Where are my supports Bwah!

Am I the only one on this board who likes the parts of an FE game that aren't called Support Conversations?

At least you're all whining about the lack of supports and not that whole Gaiden chapters requirements thing....

Code:
Yet.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: