Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem: Another remake is in the works.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Another remake is in the works.  (Read 8636 times)
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »

by any chance is FE3 the one where partway through the game the party dies and you resume the game as their children?

Nope. That's FE4.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »

Yeah... I hardly used Knoll. He was pretty brutal :P

Roy and Lilina (Hector's daughter) had one of the most insane support growths I've ever seen in FE. I think, in the first chapter I had her, they got a C conversation right away.

Pent/Louise starting at A makes sense though. They were both Jeigans, and they were married. Wouldn't make much sense for either of them to reach A support with anyone else. ;)

Hector/Eliwood, Colm/Neimi, and Erika/Ephram all have a similar C support to Roy/Lilina.  It's supposed to be really easy to get supports since they're already very close.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »

Yeah I know. Roy/Lilina was the first I truly noticed since 6 was my first FE. But they were all pretty fast, I agree.

All this FE talk makes me want to play it again. LIke..now. :P Man, I never even beat 8 in *English*.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2010, 10:08:31 PM »

More people playing strategic SRPGs is always good.  The genre needs more love and sales.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »

Yeah I know. Roy/Lilina was the first I truly noticed since 6 was my first FE. But they were all pretty fast, I agree.

All this FE talk makes me want to play it again. LIke..now. :P Man, I never even beat 8 in *English*.

I'm playing FE8 right now in Hardo modo.  It's actually a remote challenge, as opposed to normal mode which is just laughable.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2010, 02:03:48 AM »

Man, I make for a really mean drunk. Apologies all around.

Anyways, its kinda disappointing in retrospect to see Volke with only one support option with Bastion. If there was ever a reason to field that guy, it was that because Volke was an utter beast right up until the end where his low strength cap and defense/resistance growth plus the fact that knives were pieces of crap in that game made it a bad idea to go attacking more than one person unless he had a high biorhythm for Lethality. Hell Volke was so broken I never needed to buy another staff for my healers again. Both Mist and Rhys easily made it to 20/20 thanks to all the exp gained from spamming Physic Staffs all over the place.

Good god, just looking over the rest of FE9's supports and looking at what the Ike x Soren bromance can do, it's simply overkill. A +1 to attack and a +22 to dodge at A rank would allow them to just walk down the stage hand in hand demolishing everything in sight (admittedly Ike could do better with Oscar but Soren and his natural Adept is all about hitting enemies as many times as possible, and the +1 would add up fast provided anything could live long enough to take more than two hits from him).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:58 AM »

Better yet, give Ike A-Soren and B-Oscar and he never gets hit again.  Or if B-Soren still gives him +1 ATK, then the other way around to be even sillier.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »

I'm playing FE8 right now in Hardo modo.  It's actually a remote challenge, as opposed to normal mode which is just laughable.

Try playing FE9 in mania mode.  Ike actually feels balanced instead of a walking god, even with Oscar's support.  He's strong but not outnumbered 10 to 1 strong.
professor ganson

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »

That's the GC one, right?  The hard mode in that should be called "normal", and they ought to have added at least one more level of difficulty.

Alfa System Forever
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »

Nope. FE8 is Sacred Stones, the last GBA Fire Emblem.

I always think a game should have at least three difficulties. But that's just me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »

Just read on the main page about the games protagonist not being Marth but a customizable character of your own choosing. Personally that sounds rather cool and I'm on board with it however the whole thing about your support conversations changing depending of what character you create sounds risky.

If it is as simple as Male character is able to support with A B and C and Female character is able to support with D E and F then I don't see many problems arising, but if it goes so far as to say it's changing support conversations based on unit type, gender AND appearance then that sounds like it's just going to be a mess, and it would be hard to generate any meaningful conversation with other characters if his or her backstory is so ambiguous. But maybe thats just me.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:39:07 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 04:07:41 AM »

Spotted that too. Looks like Book 1 will not be a condensed reimagining of FE2 (although the possibility of BS FE not getting included is not yet 0%).

On that note, the details about the game thus far are...
Wi-Fi, On-line Shopping, Reclassing, and a Prologue are returning.
Same for the graphics and artwork (with appropriate changes made in consideration of the game being a sequel).
There are four difficulty options open at the start (rather than on subsequent playthroughs).
Plus two different modes called Casual and Classic where Casual turns off Permadeath and Classic leaves it on.
Also there is a Guide function that provides stuffs like character relationships and background information on the game's nations.

And the details of the character creation thus far...
You can choose the Name, Gender, Class (based on your gender), Appearance (which only includes options like hair styles/color, eyes, and accessories like eye patches, monocles, and mouth masks.
You can choose your character's background and personality traits which also appears to have an effect on appearance and stat growths.
And the basic plot for the CC's side of the story involves the CC joining the Altean Knights as a rookie and working his or her way up to becoming one of Marth's bodyguards.
It also appears that some new characters not found in FE3 will be added to the CC's campaign.

It should be noted that this information hasn't been confirmed yet, but it seems likely given some of the images out there. The game will be released in Japan on July 15. We may be seeing it in either the proceeding Winter or Spring.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »

Double posting with new information including...
Downloadable maps are confirmed to be new chapters. One is centered around Merric and Ellerean and could be set before the events of the game proper.
At least one brand new character for the Custom Character segments has been confirmed.
Knight and Pegasus Knight are possible starting class choices for both Custom Character genders (all but confirmed).
Charts showing correlations between countries and characters are both confirmed.
And so on...such as at least base (and possibly support) convos being confirmed.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 03:09:59 PM »

I'm just going to pretend that the No Perma Death option isn't there.

I'm pretty sure I bond with the characters in Fire Emblem so well is because I know there is a chance I might lose them. Not that it's a bad option to have for people who like the game but were always frustrated at the character death thing, I'm just rather fond of it.

Even when I have to play hard maps 8 times just so I don't lose one of my favourite or most Supported characters - I still like it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

Not confirmed yet but rumors highly suggest stages from BSFE (or perhaps all of BSFE) will be playable in the game's extra mode.

Biggest support of this theory is the confirmation of the inclusion of a character named Malice who only appeared in BSFE (formerly of the mercenary class, but current FEDS2 class is unknown).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: