Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hexyz Force (PSP)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Hexyz Force (PSP)  (Read 7911 times)
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 01:45:36 PM »

Just now picked up my copy from GS since I was up there by chance.  I didn't even get the usual notification by phone.  Weird, but not at all unwelcome.  I'll definitely have to start playing it once I'm done with errands.  Odd part is, it doesn't seem to be in very many stores in CO.  Guess this really was a limited release or something.  :/

I remember something very similar happening with Crimson Gem Saga, where it took a month before it finally came in.  Oh well, it's mine now.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

I was just looking on Amazon...they still don't have it there and have now idea when they're going to get it.  They do link to two third-party sellers that claim to have it: one for $75 and the other for $93.  This is absolutely insane for a brand new game.  Crimson Gem Saga was nothing like this.  I don't know about brick and mortar retailers but it was easily available online.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

At this point I'd be amazed if they didn't have another print run, but to be safe you might want to grab a larger memory stick if you don't already have one. I caved in and got it on the PSN, and I kind of wonder if that being an option might mean another print run may actually not happen.
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »

I ended up buying the digital version too, because I couldn't find it in any stores. I dislike the idea of not having a physical copy, but I'd rather have the game digitally than not at all.

Aside from that, I've enjoyed the game thus far, and I'm in Chapter 6 of Levant's Tale. My opinion of it wavered a little at points, because I felt like the game was rushing ahead without building any backstory, but some of it came later and I was satisfied.
Code:
I still wish there was more of a backstory on each of the Hexyz and how they came to possess their Ragnafacts. "I was guided by a voice in the castle until I suddenly found myself holding this sword." Really? That's all the explanation I get?

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »

So are you guys enjoying it so far ? I'm still on the fence, but I do have some "credits" on my PSN account so I would only need to add a few more.
From what I've seen I weirdly found the characters sprites to not be of my liking ... I really don't know why
edit: guess what, I mistook this game's pictures for Mimana Iyar Chronicle, probably why I didn't like the sprites.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:28:10 PM by Farron » Logged

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »

Avoid Mimana Iyar Chronicles.  Game is a total ripoff with unlikeable characters I wanted to smash to death with cudgels then pee on their bodies as a final insult.  Worst game I played this year; I even liked Last Rebellion a LOT more and that game was heavily slammed too. 

Hexyz is good.  Very charming game that I obviously enjoyed a lot.  Personally, I think it has what it takes to be the sleeper hit of 2010. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »

Avoid Mimana Iyar Chronicles.  Game is a total ripoff with unlikeable characters I wanted to smash to death with cudgels then pee on their bodies as a final insult.  Worst game I played this year; I even liked Last Rebellion a LOT more and that game was heavily slammed too. 

Hexyz is good.  Very charming game that I obviously enjoyed a lot.  Personally, I think it has what it takes to be the sleeper hit of 2010. 

Umm, Mimana iyar chronicles has made me laught more than hexyz force though, the only problem in this game (mimana), in my opinion,  is the battles and of course the long maps without maps with the random battles, but i pretty much liked all the characters... and personally, i feel more of a "personality" from each character of mimana than from hexyz force (currently in levant's story), i dont know why....  but of course hexyz force is superior in all of the other aspects.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »

WildArms- Based solely on what you said, I can guarantee you'd enjoy Cecilia's storyline far more than Levant's.  Although I like how Levant's story sidesteps cliches, like how in the very beginning, the princess saves the knight (him) rather than the other way around.

Husk

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

Umm, Mimana iyar chronicles has made me laught more than hexyz force though, the only problem in this game (mimana), in my opinion,  is the battles and of course the long maps without maps with the random battles, but i pretty much liked all the characters... and personally, i feel more of a "personality" from each character of mimana than from hexyz force (currently in levant's story), i dont know why....  but of course hexyz force is superior in all of the other aspects.
I agree 100%.
I enjoyed Mimana Iyar Chronicles too, the characters had lots of personality and were fun to be with. Sure the non-existent maps were a bother, I had to find them on the web and thus complete the game... Which is really something, it is very rare for me to complete an RPG these days. It means I MUST have enjoyed it ;-)
Hexyz Force on the other hand, from what I've played was just 'meh' - too long cutscenes, too long tutorials... Still the boy's story seemed rather interesting, I'll give it that. ..perhaps I'll return to that game some day.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »

Mimana Iyar Chronicles wishes it could be 1/100th of the game Thousand Arms was (and Thousand Arms fell apart in disk 2).  Thousand Arms actually had oh idunno LIKEABLE characters and girls I actually WANTED to date.  Meis > j00.  But whatever creams your Twinkies, I guess.  Mimana was garbage, Hexyz is a sleeper hit.  

I normally hate breakable/limited use weapons in RPGs, but I enjoyed it in Hexyz Force.  Go figure, huh?  And everyone complains that FF13 has no shops or inns or whatnot.  Neither does Hexyz Force, but it has congruent elements that work.  Hexyz Force made normally detestable RPG elements delectable and that is why it's made of win in my book.  

Mimana?  It's everything I detest.  I hate the characters, the dungeons are poorly designed, battles are cheap, too much grinding required, the music's forgettable, man virtually everything about that game is elephant poo.  My review says it all: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Mimana_Iyar_Chronicle/index.html
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:29:52 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 08:16:20 PM »

I'm a couple hours into Levant's story and I have to agree on at least one thing: This game IS hard to put down.  Great for long bus rides, but sucks for 10 minute breaks at work. 

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 10:58:28 PM »

Mimana?  It's everything I detest.  I hate the characters, the dungeons are poorly designed, battles are cheap, too much grinding required, the music's forgettable, man virtually everything about that game is elephant poo.  My review says it all: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Mimana_Iyar_Chronicle/index.html

grinding? i imagine you mean the random battles rate, because i didnt had to grind even once to beat the game, music was pretty weak i admit, there were some dungeons where there was no music at all, but well, i did like the graphics and the characters a lot, the voices of the characters were great as well.

And yeah, the times ive seen Cecilia were fun, but still, i havent felt a little of what i felt with mimana, i find levants story OK, but i still cant get... umm, interested? no.. more like the suspence of what could happen, and there havent been places where i feel like," omfg we are fucked up" (story-related), i dunno, i still dont feel THAT SOMETHING! i've found everything in levant's story too predictable, but i have my hopes up, i hope this changes soon i know there is still stuff to learn about everything.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »

Just FYI to people like myself who haven't got it but still want it:

Apparently there were huge distribution issues (see page 1) so apparently they are re-releasing this game around June 22st.  Don't go pay any outrageous prices on ebay/amazon.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 12:59:12 AM »

Apparently there were huge distribution issues (see page 1) so apparently they are re-releasing this game around June 22st.  Don't go pay any outrageous prices on ebay/amazon.

To be fair that's a really stupid idea even if they weren't going to re-release since it's on the PSN. For the price of what they want on Amazon you can buy a large enough memory stick (just as long as it's over a gig) and the game itself on the PSN for significantly less, and that stick's going to stay useful.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »

I quote that, I'm totally against paying a single penny more than the game's retail price. Doing so just helps inflation in the game price. If anything the price of something old and used should go down, not up! We're not talking about a one only existent piece of art, it's a game printed on thousands of copies.

Going a little of my way here, but I do hate when companies like Atlus and Tecmo decide to do this crap, and then some time later they do an "auction house" on their site selling the game for $100. Come on, if there is people wanting your game they should just reprint it and make much more money. I can't understand what kind of business they try to run. I mean, Sega's Valkyria Chronicles started selling like crap when released, but now it's not far from reaching a million. And why is that ? because they made sure supply and demand were on good terms and both gamers and developers win!

I remember when I saw on ebay Valkyrie Profile for $200 and in my gaming rent store (which is crap) they had it,the though of buying it from them just to sell it had crossed me, but I didn't want to help inflate the price of another awesome game. I'm sure people pirated games because of this, and how can you blame them ? Developers aren't making a dime out of it. Good thing we have this thing now of downloading games from PSN, Live, Steam and Nintendo shop, etc. Sure sometimes the price there is a little higher than street price, but at least if you want the game regardless if you live in a country which is a little more difficult to get at a good price, like mine, even living in one of the biggest cities in the world, or you live in some god forsaken place, if you have internet, you can get the game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: