Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  2010 is turning to be another "ouch from the wallet" year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2010 is turning to be another "ouch from the wallet" year  (Read 4317 times)
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:54:06 AM »

With the announcements of Lufia DS, Rune Factory 3, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy: The 4 Warriors of Light, Etrian Odyssey 3, Fire Emblem.

The games I will definitely be getting are: DQIX, Lufia.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:55:52 AM by rpgseeker » Logged

OBJECTION!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 02:18:03 AM »

I'm sure i'll get lufia this christmas (and a ds)
and probably one of those dragon quest remakes

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 02:25:34 AM »

XSeed alone made this year awesome. :'D *so happy*

I'm also waiting for the announcement of Dragon Quest VI at this point, looks promising.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 02:27:01 AM »

I already spent a few hundred dollars on eroge games this year so I'm afraid I am spent.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 04:16:28 AM »

This year was hard on my wallet back in February when I went and got all those awesome rare titles like Snatcher, Suikodens I & II, Ogre Battle MotBQ PSX, & Dragon Force, nevermind March's rush of RPGs and other major releases, and Nintendo is still making this spring and early summer hell with its entourage of 1st party titles (and 3rd party ones like DQIX).

We have clearly left the ouch territory and gotten straight into the bondage and rape category this year (so much so, that I'd dare suggest that this year is the second coming of 1998).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:12:54 AM »

And this is just the DS games :P, yeah it will be hell to save up to get all the games, but im thankful to get so many games this year!

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »

Just become a fan of SRPGs, you'll save a lot of money.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »

I doubt we'll see Fire Emblem this year. If we do, it'll be in time for Christmas.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »

I already spent a few hundred dollars on eroge games this year so I'm afraid I am spent.

Hah!  Spent...

There are actually just two games I'm currently planning on for day 1 at home: Crackdown 2 and Fallout: New Vegas.  But I'm trying to save up for a PS3 slim that I can take with me when I travel.  That's what breaking my personal bank. :)

(I mostly play iPhone OS games for the site these days, and they're generally pretty cheap.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

With the announcements of Lufia DS, Rune Factory 3, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy: The 4 Warriors of Light, Etrian Odyssey 3, Fire Emblem.

The games I will definitely be getting are: DQIX, Lufia.

Well, some of those haven't been confirmed for '10. Even so, well, I just ordered Monster Hunter Tri and Lost Planet 2, and then there's Sin and Punishment 2, Dragon Quest IX, and Persona 3 PSP, and then I'll have to buy a PS3 for Atelier Rorona...
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »

DQ9,Alpha Protocol,Fallout:NV,Fable 3,The Witcher 2,Dragon Age/Mass Effect 2 DLC,Atelier Rorona,Ar Tonelico 3,White Knight Chronicles 2 Import,and not to mention dozens of other RPG games...

I get a decent paycheck but all these games,its just insanity.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »

(so much so, that I'd dare suggest that this year is the second coming of 1998).

I'd at least wait until E3, and (naturally) we won't know for sure until the year's passed. Still, this is one of the stronger first halves we've had, with games like ME2 being amazing and even FFXIII being fairly solid.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »

(so much so, that I'd dare suggest that this year is the second coming of 1998).

I'd at least wait until E3, and (naturally) we won't know for sure until the year's passed. Still, this is one of the stronger first halves we've had, with games like ME2 being amazing and even FFXIII being fairly solid.

Don't forget about some of those side games like Infinite Space, SMT: Strange Journey, Resonance of Fate, and Nier (and that's just the RPGs and RPG-likes).

I am definitely awaiting E3 with baited breath. (Let's just hope we can keep the "Oh, hey! They just announced this game!" threads down to a minimum this year. It would be better if we just had a Megathread for each platform and then once the dust settles then we can start cranking out the individual threads.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 02:52:55 AM »

(Let's just hope we can keep the "Oh, hey! They just announced this game!" threads down to a minimum this year. It would be better if we just had a Megathread for each platform and then once the dust settles then we can start cranking out the individual threads.)

Certain games arguably ARE worth their own thread though, or at least certain companies. Just look at Xseed and Falcom, I could see similar done for Atlus's fall line up or whatever.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 02:53:41 AM »

I guess that someone around here is going to do a "E3 2010, Thread of OHMAHGAWD my wallet is death!".

And in this year has been released a lot of good soundtracks and arrange albums too. I'm in love with the Deathsmiles Arrange Album right now.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: