Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:23:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  2010 is turning to be another "ouch from the wallet" year
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2010 is turning to be another "ouch from the wallet" year  (Read 4152 times)
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 11:37:19 AM »

It has certainly been a terrific start to the year.Yakuza 3, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy 13, 3d dot game Heroes, Sakura Wars VVandal Hearts PSN,White Knight Chronicles have all been bought before reaching halfway through this year. Now Mass Effect 2, Star Ocean 4, Harvest Moon hero of Leaf Valley and Hexyz Force are arriving in the mail shortly too. And I still have to buy Dragon Age and Nier.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »

(Let's just hope we can keep the "Oh, hey! They just announced this game!" threads down to a minimum this year. It would be better if we just had a Megathread for each platform and then once the dust settles then we can start cranking out the individual threads.)

Certain games arguably ARE worth their own thread though, or at least certain companies. Just look at Xseed and Falcom, I could see similar done for Atlus's fall line up or whatever.

Right. I'm just suggesting that instead of hastily typing up "OH-EM-GEE ITS XXX!!!111oneoneone..." while listening to the actual announcement, we have a megathread to post the "HOLE-LEE SHIT"s in and then when the dust settles have someone post together a more comprehensive thread out of the scattered screenshots and Youtube video links, thus (hopefully) avoiding the dozen or so redundant "THIS IS GOING TO BE DA GREETEST GAEM EVAR!!!111oneoneone..." threads.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »

I already bought these: Star Ocean 4, Harvest Moon hero of Leaf Valley, Dragon Age (expansion) and Hexyz Force and otherwise in RPGs I've only planned to buy Atelier Rorona 1 & 2 (thought I doubt the later to be released this year).

Unless I missed any announcement I don't have more plans for RPGs.

I absolutly refuse RF3 at this point unless they improve it when it gets ported. I already read the review of an online aquantice of the import game and I can't say I think that one will be able to enchant me like others of the Harvest Moon family have done.
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »

I mailed VG+ and asked them when I would be able to preorder Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Ys 7. They've replied me that they they would add them asap. So today:

Phantasy Star Portable 2 - PSP (Preorder)        $44.99CDN
      Valkyria Chronicles 2 - PSP (Preorder)    $44.99CDN
      Ys: The Oath in Felghana - PSP (Preorder)    $44.99CDN
      Ys Seven - PSP (Preorder)    $44.99CDN
      The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky "1st Chapter" - PSP (Preorder)    $44.99CDN

Sub-Total: $224.95CDN

I wonder ifI should try to find them cheaper. These games arenŠt even all psp games I think I'll buy in the 2nd half of 2010. (And I bought quite a few the first half)
Seraph
Better known as "Serieth" xP

Toasted Buttercup? :/

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »

It's only half way through the year and i've got a collection of rpgs to play. Even if i'm currently playing one, then i stroll into a store and glimpse a new rpg, even if im completely obvious to its concept or system, i end up buying it within a week. I'm now left with a stack of rpgs to play :/ and with my policy of "one rpg at a time" it's sure as hell gonna take along time. I guess if i got fired or quit my job, i'd be even busier xP
Either way, its either get a new rpg or spend it on a drunken night of debauchery. I'm proud of my decision ^^.
Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »

Yeahh, Im feeling that. With the PS3 finally starting to push out some RPGs and the DS and the PSP libraries continuing to build with awesome titles, its painful alright. In the best kind of way.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »

My wallet weeps anytime I think about all the psp rpgs I need to buy and thats just the psp....gfg
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

I just made a pact with myself to not buy another game until November. I mean, I already bought a lot of games, not many time to play them all and I want to be 100% sure I want certain game, at least if I'm not sure, I'll pick it up when they're cheaper, so it's not as heavy in my pocket.

The only game I may pickup day one this is no doubt is: The Last Guardian (or even the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack, if it's even released).

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »

The only games I see myself buying in the foreseeable future would be like, Steam or Impulse or GOG weekend deals, used PC games from the 90s/early 00s, and... probably nothing for the consoles or handhelds unless I somehow find a copy of Aquanaut's Holiday 2 floating about.

And if someone could tell me the difference between Aquanaut's Holiday 1 and the Memories of Summer 1996 edition I'd be REALLY happy.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: