Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Help w/ RPG name. What am I thinking about?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help w/ RPG name. What am I thinking about?  (Read 1752 times)
KornCarlos

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:29:03 AM »

I think it was in the soundtracks page where I read about an RPG that was Zelda like, but more "adult oriented". I dont' remember the details thoroughly, but it was about a boy, something about a dream. . . I just remember the part about it being like zelda, with more "scarier" adult themes.

Oh yeah, it was for play station. 1 or 2? I think one, but i'm not positive.

Thanks!
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 03:39:35 AM »

A boy, regarding dreams--you may be thinking of the Alundra series for the Playstation 1. You go into people's dreams to defeat the nightmares or some such. It's been awhile since I've played the first game.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:48:45 PM »

Is it Dual Hearts?
I don't own the game, but I remember playing a demo at my cousins a while back.  I remember doing pretty much the same thing that Miho mentioned, except you had some giant pink bunny sidekick to help you out :P
KornCarlos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »

Hmm. . . I'll try both.

THANKS GUYS!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:46:53 PM »

I can all but guarantee it's Alundra. I played the demo of Dual Hearts, and 'adult themes' was one of the last things that came to mind. Alundra, on the other hand, is definitely of a more mature nature.
Radien

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »

It's almost certainly Alundra. But try getting your hands on a copy of Alundra, regardless. It's one of the most memorable Playstation 1 games I've played, mostly for its story and dialog.

And despite being an adventure game, I find it funny that it had a better story than most RPGs I've played.  It did an awesome job of getting me to care about the characters.

Oh, and Alundra also arguably has Working Designs' best translation job ever.  (I only counted two inappropriate jokes, woo! :P )

~Radien of Lunarnet.

No, not LunarNET... Lunarnet, the IRC network. We've been around even longer than LunarNET, we're just smaller.  There's an #RPGFan channel there. Check it out.

Point your IRC program here:

irc.lunarnet.org
port 6667
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: