Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338541 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth  (Read 5003 times)
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

Anyone think this version of the game might drive down the price of the PSX version? I've been wanting to play the game, but the original is so damn expensive.  Might as well just buy a PSP and the the game.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "Seiken_Densetsu"
I have played much of the PSP version, and it isn't very good.  The PS1 version is far superior, in my opinion.  Oh well, my opinion shouldn't stop anyone from buying it.

Would you mind to, you know, expand upon that?  I've had no issues whatsoever with the PSP version, though I never did play the original.

the 2 main issues between the psx and psp valkyrie profile lenneth and :
A.)load times when accessing the menu
B.)the screen is stretched to fit the psp's screen

you can see a video preivew here that better shows what i'm talking about
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11593&type=wmv&pl=game

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »

Um, Alisha, did you, you know, read the entire thread?  I have a copy of the game in my PSP, hence my hands-on preview on the site.  I've had no issues whatsoever with the loading times, as they're far less than games like X-Men Legends 2 or the Ys 6 port, and the game doesn't appear to be 'stretched' to me, but reformatted for 16:9.

While they may be longer than the ones in the PSX version (this is again, speculation, as I've never played the original), they're far from long.  The PSP is notorious for noticably longer load times coming right out of sleep, but otherwise they've been fine.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 02:30:52 PM »

For me, my main complaint was that TOSE changed the pixelated sprites into these annoying blurry-ish sprites that give me a headache.  The load times are not very good compared to the original, and I really didn't like the cinemas all that much, as all the characters looked like robots.  Also, the game randomly crashed on me (and on my friend's PSP and copy of Lenneth, too), and the stretched screen bugged me a bit.  Plus, the load times aren't very good at all, but since it is the PSP, I was expecting it anyways.  But it is still bothersome.  

Other than those problems, the rest of the game is perfectly fine, but it is nowhere near as polished as the PS1 version is.  If tri-Ace handled the port themselves, I am sure that it would have turned out much better.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »

For me, my main complaint was that TOSE changed the pixelated sprites into these annoying blurry-ish sprites that give me a headache.

You do realize you called the original sprites blurry or unclear by calling them pixelated don't you? I believe you mean "pixel-based sprites," or as a further disambiguation, "pixelation."

If tri-Ace handled the port themselves, I am sure that it would have turned out much better.

...I'll keep my mouth shut.

EDITS: I love my Oxford English Dictionary :D
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
For me, my main complaint was that TOSE changed the pixelated sprites into these annoying blurry-ish sprites that give me a headache.

You do realize you called the original sprites blurry or unclear by calling them pixelated don't you? I believe you mean "pixel-based sprites," or as a further disambiguation, "pixelation."

It's (probably) the same thing that was done in ToE's conversion. They use the graphical capabilities of the system to blurry up sprites a bit ala a polygon texture. Personally, I don't really like how it looks, but I'll deal. :P
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »

I'm looking to get this game ASAP, although I already own the PS1 version.  Although I like PoPoLoCrois, I definitely want more RPGs for my PSP, and this game should fit the bill nicely.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: