Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334781 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  What kind of portable CD players do you all use?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What kind of portable CD players do you all use?  (Read 1672 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »

Mine's a Sony that I got for sale at FYE back in 2005. My previous one was sort of issuessome, had a damaged LCD display, etc, and I dropped it during the ice storm, breaking the latch that held it shut, which is why I ended up getting the new one.

It's pretty nice. Doesn't really skip. Keeps the current track and track position in memory as long as you don't open the tray (although sometimes it keeps it in spite of that, and keeps it in memory across CDs, which causes some odd fucking things to occur). It also has bass boost but I never use that. Otherwise no really fancy features. Audio quality seems pretty good. Don't have the actual model name or number or anything though.

What do you guys use?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »

It's called an iPod. Welcome to the future.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

Is this a joke? o_O

I use an iPod Nano, 3rd gen. Also have an old Sony Walkman hidden away someplace and my sis and I used to share a Sony CD Player that we've stored back home in K.L. We don't use or have portable boom boxes or anything like that.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »

frankly i'm shocked anytime i see someone with a cd player. i dont have an ipod but i do have flash drive/mp3 player(bought at inkstop for 5 bucks before they went out of buisiness) as well as my psp.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »

I have an ipod.

Non portable though, I have a 5 Disc RCA CD changer...and an old Fisher turntable/stereo receiver.  I'm thinking about getting an old school Ghettoblaster/boombox and busting out my old cassettes, but ultimately I feel like if I did it, I'd use it only once or twice and it would just sit and collect dust.

I'm guessing this is a joke...or it's from some crazy computer that can send messages into the future and really this message is from 1995 or something
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:29:29 AM »

Um.. an iPod classic. Though it's dying, so I have to replace it soon. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:33 AM »

Blackberry, I did carry it and an ipod touch around but seemed useless to have two devices when one could handle the load.

Used to have a 30gb creative zen a few years ago when I liked to have access to a lot of different music but luckily(?) now I tend to stick to a certain genre for a couple weeks at a time so a 4gb sd card is more then enough.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: