Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338430 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Everquest II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Everquest II  (Read 5086 times)
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:48:23 AM »

Who all is still playing this and on what server?

If so, I'll reinstall it right now and start updating it if there are at least a few people to play with. I need an escape from the hell that is reality at the moment. And, this seems like a good choice.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:03 AM »

A bunch of us started playing on Lucan D'Lere (RP, Good) lately.  Me, Parn, some others.  I'm Aerim, level 8 Half-Elven Monk ATM.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tsi Aileron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:46:26 AM »

Ah, cool. Less then an hour for the update. I was expecting like... five days since I haven't played since November 2004.

I'll post my character details when I get in the game.

Edit:

Eventine - Wood Elf - Level 14 Ranger.

God, my computer hates this game. The new models are pretty though.

miajase

jbvegetax jbvegetax
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:36 PM »

so  i am getting the trial  7 day thing. I have a few questions

is it the same as the real verson

where do you all play  and suf thanks
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 11:30:04 AM »

Quote from: "miajase"
so  i am getting the trial  7 day thing. I have a few questions

is it the same as the real verson

where do you all play  and suf thanks

"A bunch of us started playing on Lucan D'Lere (RP, Good) lately. Me, Parn, some others. I'm Aerim, level 8 Half-Elven Monk ATM."

Might want to read the thread in future.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »

Vandal's playing the game as well now.  He's playing a High Elf Wizard named Nafoi.

And my character's still intact.  About half a level away from 20.  The game's still as fun as ever, and prettier now that I have a better videocard.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »

Wondering if the level curve is steep as hell like FFXI, or if you can actually solo in the game. This is the reason I've been hesitant about MMORPGs since FFXI, since it sucked up so much damn time to gain a single level.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
Wondering if the level curve is steep as hell like FFXI, or if you can actually solo in the game. This is the reason I've been hesitant about MMORPGs since FFXI, since it sucked up so much damn time to gain a single level.

Lets be honest here, MMO's aren't aimed at casual Gamers(with the excpetion of WoW) so usually yeah, don't expect anything good in your first few weeks or even months of play. I imagine EQ would take 3-5 months to cap, thats just an educated guess at around 6 hours play a day.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »

EQ2 is far more 'casual' than EQ1 and FFXI - you can do quite a bit of Soloing, you're not stuck to a group like you are in FFXI.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »

Hey guys, have you all quit yet? ^^

I downloaded the trial and I am thinking of making a Ranger. I like it so far, and I got to level six in no time flat. I know it will be a long haul to the top and all, but who is sticking with it?  I am thinking of going to Wal-Mart and getting a copy and going for it.

Tsi Aileron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 12:39:48 PM »

I haven't quit, just need to reinstall it since I upgraded my computer and, uhh, lost a partition in the process. =(

I'm a level 16 Ranger^^

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 01:52:27 PM »

Cool. I swore to myself that I would be a healer the next time I played a MMO. I am about to leave to go get the game, so I should be patched by dinner time.  I am thinking of having two characters and playing them both at the same time, one healer and one ranger. I am not going to be a power player this time around, instead enjoy myself with two different classes and take my time and quest like a motherfucker.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 10:50:19 PM »

I haven't quit, though I've rerolled a zillion times.  Vandal quit on me (not surprised), so meh.  I play an evil character though... a human bruiser.

Of note, since you're getting into the game... make sure to download all the extra content you can and make the game as immersive as possible.  In the Everquest 2 launcher, after the play button shows up, click on preferences and enable all the optional audio voice packs.  There's a good bit of downloading, but it's totally worth it.  The extra voice acting is really good, and it definitely enhances the atmosphere.  Skeletons saying stuff like "your eyes are so pretty" in text isn't half as creepy as actually hearing them say it.

Speaking of atmosphere, after playing both good and evil, I definitely prefer the evil side.  Despite Freeport looking like a dump in comparison to Qeynos, the characters there are infinitely more interesting, since they're all busy stabbing each other in the back and being generally nasty to each other, with you being the go-between that kind of helps things run their course.  You have a few psychos too, and some of them are fully voiced, leading to some amusing moments.

All of that definitely beats out delivering baked goods and someone's bow across town...
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »

Ok dude, I am downloading the extra stuff right now. I will go the long haul with you man, as long as we dont do a burn out pace. I can work hard to ctach up though, it doesnt seem that hard. Do you think a healer would be better or a wizard. I am going to be one of the two.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 03:06:39 PM »

I don't do mindless power leveling... I just do quests back-to-back.  As far as catching up, there's no need.  The game has a mentoring system, so I can drop back several levels with ease.  All skills and equipment scale back accordingly.  I'm not that far ahead anyways.

Play whichever would be more fun for you.  If you want a bit of nuking ability with the ability to heal really well, play a warden.  I played one to level 22, and I can safely say that they're pretty strong.  I just ditched the spellcasting since it's never really been my thing, I guess.  Melee is where it's at for me.

My character is Meicyn, so we can meet up whenever, assuming you go evil.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: