Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334826 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  "Men can't be sexist!!" + Indian Food Cuisine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: "Men can't be sexist!!" + Indian Food Cuisine  (Read 9000 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/Azu60.png
Or reddit link

Thoughts?

I find it rather amusing... poor idiot. ;p
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:51:31 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »

In a world without women there would be no misogyny, homophobia, or overpopulation !!

!!!

!!! HOLY SHIT WHAT ARE THESE ! THINGS I LOVE THEM

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

That is rather sad. The man only wanted to ask a question. Granted it was a womans forum, so I spose they were right that it wasn't the best place for him to be. Saying that woman can't be sexist is just moronic.

Reminds me of the case going on right now to consider if a bunch of African-American men who assaulted a kid because white men used to keep black people as slaves, as a hate crime.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:42:41 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

I was having this discussion with a friend the other day.  That's like saying only white people can be racist.  Newsflash- prejudice in any way, shape, or form can go both ways.  It's not uncommon for women to sexually harass men, and more men are finding the courage to sue female bosses who sexually harass them.  

EDIT: My funny response. 

Manager guy:  We can't use that album cover because it's sexist
Nigel Tufnel: What's wrong with being sexy? 
     -Spinal Tap
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:24:55 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »

The best part is, racism against white people and sexism against men are both widely accepted as norms in modern American society.

Gotta love it.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

That was shocking!

Granted I don't know anything about the website in question, but they were so cruel to him for no real reason! They remind me of a couple of women I have worked with over the years who are over-the-top feminists and overreact to just about everything.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »

You'd overreact too if you were oppressed your entire life!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »

The ultra hardcore feminists aren't just hateful to men.  They can be pretty hateful to other women too.  Like what if a woman honestly chooses to be a stay-at-home mom?  What if she finds 100% of her life fulfillment in simply being a mommy?  That should be her perogative.  Of course, the hardcore feminist will tirade against that woman for not being out there working, but if she is a career woman and corporate wage slave, she'll probably be miserable because she doesn't get her fulfillment from being a mommy.  But she made the ultra hardcore feminists happy, right?  

Of course, I do agree that the group of people subjected to the worst prejudices and most brutally unfair human rights violations in the world are women.  In some countries, livestock probably has more rights than women.  And even among "civilized" countries, the United States has a criminally short maternity leave policy compared to, say, Europe and a mother isn't 100% guaranteed job safety.  

That being said, though, in the whole crusade for "equal" rights, one common sensibility gets overlooked: Fair treatment is not always equal and equal treatment is not always fair.  

EDIT: But what do I know?  I'm just a pig:P  And according to that one jackhole we had on the 'Fan years ago, I'm a misogynistic tool because I'm Indian!  (Heh, I still found that amusing, because if that was true Liz, Nicole/Sumire, JavelynZA, and the other ladies of RPGFan would have annihilated me long before that.  )
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:52:42 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »

Unfortunately, most women who are called "Feminists" these days aren't feminists, but female supremacists, and it gives a bad name to the word "feminism". It's like calling Lewis Ferricon a "Black Civil Rights Leader". True feminists aspire to a world with equal rights and opportunities for both men and women. Unfortunately, the many cultural opponents of equal gender rights have re-assigned the term to only the crazy extremists, who are, in of themselves, NOT FEMINISTS.

Sorta like how republicans during the 80s were able to re-define "liberal" as "Ivory Tower Pinko Commie Elitist", when really, most people who consider themselves liberal are far from that fiction.

I'd argue that probably a majority of the population (men and women) these days could be considered "feminists" by the classical definition, but are too scared of the term because of it's re-definition.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

They can be pretty hateful to other women too.  Like what if a woman honestly chooses to be a stay-at-home mom?  What if she finds 100% of her life fulfillment in simply being a mommy?  That should be her perogative.  Of course, the hardcore feminist will tirade against that woman for not being out there working, but if she is a career woman and corporate wage slave, she'll probably be miserable because she doesn't get her fulfillment from being a mommy.  But she made the ultra hardcore feminists happy, right? 

Oh god that reminds me of that stupid Outliers book, where it's talking about the guy with a genius level IQ working on a horse farm because he didn't have opportunities. Maybe he just doesn't want to be a corporate bitch!!

Personally, I just graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Russian and CS and I'm sort of a prime candidate for being a successful business individual or something. And I'd seriously rather fuck that shit and go work on a farm somewhere, because after studying computers for four years the only thing I really learned is that I fucking can't stand them.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 10:57:13 PM »

Those are some crazy ass bitches.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »

The ultra hardcore feminists aren't just hateful to men.  They can be pretty hateful to other women too.  Like what if a woman honestly chooses to be a stay-at-home mom?  What if she finds 100% of her life fulfillment in simply being a mommy?  That should be her perogative.  Of course, the hardcore feminist will tirade against that woman for not being out there working, but if she is a career woman and corporate wage slave, she'll probably be miserable because she doesn't get her fulfillment from being a mommy.  But she made the ultra hardcore feminists happy, right?  

Of course, I do agree that the group of people subjected to the worst prejudices and most brutally unfair human rights violations in the world are women.  In some countries, livestock probably has more rights than women.  And even among "civilized" countries, the United States has a criminally short maternity leave policy compared to, say, Europe and a mother isn't 100% guaranteed job safety.  

That being said, though, in the whole crusade for "equal" rights, one common sensibility gets overlooked: Fair treatment is not always equal and equal treatment is not always fair.  

EDIT: But what do I know?  I'm just a pig:P  And according to that one jackhole we had on the 'Fan years ago, I'm a misogynistic tool because I'm Indian!  (Heh, I still found that amusing, because if that was true Liz, Nicole/Sumire, JavelynZA, and the other ladies of RPGFan would have annihilated me long before that.  )

You're indian? Don't you love Chili Chicken? What about Paratha? Mmm
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »

I'm white but I love Indian food :(

Stop being racist dude :(

Seriously though if anyone's in the Columbus, Ohio area, Banana Leaf and Bollywood Cafe are both pretty good. Unfortunately there are no good Indian restaurants in Lima, and I'm not moving to C-bus till september, so right now I'm stuck with the like, 20 boxes of frozen curry I bought in Cincinnati yesterday (although they're still really good, like the dum aloo and the hakka noodles especially) (also got some naan pizzas, with vegetarian cheese :)c).

(Personal favorites: Malai kofta and pretty much anything else with potatoes. Bollywood Cafe has reaaaaally amazing navratan korma. Not really fond of saag. I mean it's just spinach and cream. WTF get that away from me >:C Also palak paneer or whatever the thing is that's basically saag with paneer in it.)

o/` I do not dream o/`

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 02:03:19 AM »

lolol, that first admin called women "womyn"
and like he said, those bitches are fucked up

Of course, I do agree that the group of people subjected to the worst prejudices and most brutally unfair human rights violations in the world are women.  In some countries, livestock probably has more rights than women.  And even among "civilized" countries, the United States has a criminally short maternity leave policy compared to, say, Europe and a mother isn't 100% guaranteed job safety.
you can only get so mad at a girl that gets beaten up by an imp, right?
just wanted an excuse to use that line

Seriously though if anyone's in the Columbus, Ohio area,
I live around north columbus, but i'm too picky so indian food is likely to make me gag and/or vomit

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »

Here in Chicago we got an entire Indiatown. It's pretty much awesome.

This is my favorite place:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ghareeb-nawaz-restaurant-chicago

All authentic pakistani dishes. Used to be a 24/7 place where only desi people would frequent, but recently they got a remodeling job and you see some of the hipster crowd coming in. so good.

I mean goddamn for $3 you get a sandwich that can stand toe to toe with those giant ass mexican burritos. And for $5 you can get enough rice and meat to feed two people. The stuff is flavorful as fuck too, they don't hold back.

I'll admit I've only typed this much because im hungry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: