Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  "Men can't be sexist!!" + Indian Food Cuisine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: "Men can't be sexist!!" + Indian Food Cuisine  (Read 8942 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »

Here in Chicago we got an entire Indiatown. It's pretty much awesome.

This is my favorite place:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ghareeb-nawaz-restaurant-chicago

All authentic pakistani dishes. Used to be a 24/7 place where only desi people would frequent, but recently they got a remodeling job and you see some of the hipster crowd coming in. so good.

I mean goddamn for $3 you get a sandwich that can stand toe to toe with those giant ass mexican burritos. And for $5 you can get enough rice and meat to feed two people. The stuff is flavorful as fuck too, they don't hold back.

I'll admit I've only typed this much because im hungry.

that place looks like a potentially bad neighborood, maybe that's just me being racist
or does all of chicago look like that?
you type if you're hungry instead of eating?

since we're talking about food for anyone else that lives around columbus and likes chinese (or any asian food), try hometown though it is pretty expensive despite being described as "cheap"
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hometown-oriental-gourmet-foods-columbus
it's slightly hard to find and according to reviews on there, food quality tends to vary
I get sesame chicken and steamed rice each time I eat there and it's always awesome
edit: why are we talking about food?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 03:55:40 AM »

Chicago is kind of weird in terms of locale. Its not a bad neighborhood at all though.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:50 AM »

Thoren- what'd you think I was?  Black?  Sorry, I had to make a reference to that cosapi post where he thought calling me a black guitar player would be an insult.  What a maroon. 

When it comes to vegetarian food, Indian food is the best hands down.  Considering that the culture has been primarily vegetarian for so long, vegetarian food in India is more highly evolved than vegetarian food anywhere else.  Straightedge punks love Indian food because many of them are vegetarian.  And because naan bread is unleavened, Jewish people can eat it during Passover.  Naan > matzoh.  

I'm not vegetarian (I follow the no booze, no drugs, no cigarettes, and no promiscuous sex tenets of straightedge).  My favorite Indian foods are chicken tikka masala, tandoori chicken, palak paneer, aloo gobi (an Indian restaurant is only as good as its aloo gobi), gotta have cucumber raita, lassi, papad, naan, paratha...  

And lol @ insertnamehere.  Still my favorite line in Xenodurr.    
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:45:48 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 08:55:35 AM »

I think I might order some chicken tikka masala tonight...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

Thoughts?
I find it rather amusing... poor idiot. ;p

I agree, those poor women thinking they matter in any way. Gosh, what's this world coming to?
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:33 AM »

Still my favorite line in Xenodurr.

absolutely
now that I'm mostly awake, shouldn't that title be something like men can't be victims of sexism?
those forums seem to be crusading against men being sexist towards women

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 12:27:19 PM »

Because talking about those women are a waste of time.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »

Thoren I would totally eat there the next time I go to chicago except we usually stay downtown and that definitely does not look within walking distance of the hotel we typically stay at.

When it comes to vegetarian food, Indian food is the best hands down.

Been a vegetarian for eight years and that's pretty much the main reason I started eating Indian food.

Also @ raita I've had it both like, chunky and smooth. Like, one with chunky vegetables, one where they're more finely chopped? Not sure which I like more. Slightly tending towards smooth since the yogurt sauce just sort of drips off the chunky and you're left with a bowl of yogurt sauce (is that yogurt sauce?).

Because talking about women invariably reminds me that someone needs to get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

Actually though in general I was sort of stuck eating crappy food when I was in uni because Bowling Green has a horrid dearth of decent places to eat. So uh, I got through three years mostly subsisting on Amy's frozen dinners and then I got unbelievably sick of those and started eating cafeteria food which was disgusting but at least, like, something different.

:( I hope that place gets ate by a tornado :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »

:( I hope that place gets ate by a tornado :(

wouldn't you feel bad for that place since a tornado would have eated it?
it'd probably like a nice sammich made by a woman instead

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »

I mean goddamn for $3 you get a sandwich that can stand toe to toe with those giant ass mexican burritos. And for $5 you can get enough rice and meat to feed two people. The stuff is flavorful as fuck too, they don't hold back.

I'll admit I've only typed this much because im hungry.

Don't they normally use a ton of spices in their dishes?  That would make a lot of sense if they're that flavorful (never have had real Indian food before)

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »

The deaths came in Wood County, Ohio, when a tornado touched down there overnight, state Emergency Management Agency spokeswoman Kelli Blackwell told CNN. Wood County is about 30 miles south of Toledo.

Okay now I feel sad for saying I wish BGSU got eaten by a tornado :( (BGSU is in Wood county) (none of the deaths were IN BG though)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »

My little town has EIGHT Thai restaurants, but not a single Indian restaurant. If I had a real kitchen (with running water), I'd make Indian food from scratch all the time, but I have to settle for store-bought sauces, which aren't TOO bad. My girlfriend and I are such huge Indian food fans, that we drive down to Anchorage (360 miles) every few months to pick up good Saag (can't find any in this town) and Korma, as well as Naan. And we eat out at the one Indian restaurant in Alaska. I've learned how to make pretty good Paneer on my own, though. I just need to start ordering in bulk... or move into a house with running water. Seriously, no other food compares to the combination of flavors that Indian food offers. Thai is probably a good second, though.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »

Akanbe- Not all Indian food is spicy.  A lot of the regional food from southern India, where my parents are from, it not too hotly spiced.  I think north Indian food tends to go more for those bold flavors.  Sure, some dishes like lamb vindaloo are notoriously hot but others like chicken tikka masala are quite mild.  Of course, here's a protip for spicy food.  Eat bread with it.  Seriously, bread cools down your mouth like nothing else.  It's like a sponge for the capsaicin in chilis.  Whole milk yogurt is good too, as the fat content cools the mouth.  Plain yogurt is great for halitosis too.  Hence, the importance of raita.  Mesh- as for raita, I prefer chunky raita with big ol' pieces of cucumber in it, probably because that's what I grew up with since my mom made it that way.

As for the Indian food tangent, it all started when I recalled some knucklehead on the boards years ago saying that because I'm Indian I'm a sexist pig and made a joke about it for this thread.  And let's be honest here, there's always room for paneer.

EDIT: I love RPGFan!  Only in RPGFan can a thread about sexism turn into a lovefest for Indian food.  

EDIT 2: I remember my freshman year in college, my RA first semester was ravenous for Indian food.  So I always hooked her up with Indian food whenever I went home and she pretty much left our suite alone.  We got away with more than we should have because she couldn't get enough Indian food and Indian food options in Albany weren't many.   

« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:38:19 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »

Malaysian food is an interesting fusion of Malay and Indian cuisine ("Nasi Kandar" especially, which is typically made by Indian Muslims). My mother is Indian-African so I get to eat really good home-cooked Indian food sometimes and I can definitely agree... when it comes to flavor, Indian food is where it's all at.

There are waaay too many Indian restaurants in the U.K. Especially London. Finding a good one requires a trial'n'error method. Actually had Indian food for lunch today but I'm totally craving some paratha or chapati now. :(

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

Chicken Tika Masala and Tandoori chicken are those two "staple" Indian dishes that you can find in any Indian restaurant ever. They're hard to mess up and taste awesome. Not too offensive either.

i really like the Pakistani Hunter Beef. Tastes strong as hell though. I hope I can go to India and Pakistan one day and just try all their crazy food. You know theres a goddamn armada of food that never left hindustan.

I'll have to try Malaysian food sometime too

edit: Dincrest do your parents serve that really smooth indian yogurt? That stuff is amazing in meat and rice dishes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:51:32 PM by Thoren » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: