Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Rockman Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Rockman Online  (Read 3866 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »

Last week saw the official announcement of Rockman Online, a collaboration between Capcom and Korean game publisher Neowiz. Described as a "3D side-scrolling action RPG", the upcoming PC title will feature a character growth system and an assortment of stages to play. It has also been confirmed that series heroes X and Zero will appear in the game, but in an unknown capacity.

While Rockman Online has not been announced for North America, a recently filed trademark for Mega Man Universe may point to an international release of the game.

a collaboration between Capcom and Korean game publisher Neowiz. Described as a "3D side-scrolling action RPG"

collaboration between Capcom and Korean game publisher

Korean game publisher

hahaha

not buying it
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:57:44 AM »

There's like three or four things wrong with this game that make me go: "No thank you".

And seriously, a Mega Man MMORPG? I love some Mega Man in my life, but c'mon! Where's my Mega Man X9!? :( Oh well, waiting for the trailer or something.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:00:10 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:48:03 AM »

There's like three or four things wrong with this game that make me go: "No thank you".

And seriously, a Mega Man MMORPG? I love some Mega Man in my life, but c'mon! Where's my Mega Man X9!? :( Oh well, waiting for the trailer or something.

I remember reading somewhere that if they were to do another game in the X series it definitely was NOT going to be X9. Prequel perhaps?

I can't help but be a little skeptical about this game but hopefully it turns out a lot better than Ghouls n' Ghosts Online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqbxe2LynG4
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »

I really do not know what to think of this... :S

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »

Megaman

side-scrolling Action

Do want.  Will play.

RPG

Slight hesitation.  Will -try-.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:48:48 PM »

I'm optimistic... Korean developers try new things often... it's just the typical font and click to move that irks me.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 02:57:16 AM »

In all seriousness, I really don't see how this would work. It's already annoying playing New SMB Wii with people you know, imagine playing it with random douchebags all over the net. It seems like an interesting concept, so I'll keep a look out and wait for actual gameplay screens/videos and whatnot before I pass final judgment.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that if they were to do another game in the X series it definitely was NOT going to be X9. Prequel perhaps?

A prequel? That doesn't sound something that anyone at Capcom would say for a Mega Man game (maybe a remake or a port, but a prequel? Well, never say never).

But to be honest, the only new game in the series that I *really* would like to see is Mega Man Legends 3. For the Wii. With cell-shaded graphics and all that jazz.

Inafune said in a interview with 1UP that he wanted to work in Mega Man Legends 3, but there's not enough time, money (?) and interest in doing that to happen. But hey, at least we got a MMORPG... yeah, shit happens.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 05:32:15 PM »

The X series doesn't need a prequel. The first MMX game is basically when X starts fighting, and all the background was provided in the game manual or shown in following games, mainly X4 if you play with Zero.

The only way to make a prequel would be to tie up the original and X series, but that's not happening, don't count on Inafune. Also, X8's ending hinted towards something else, so yeah. If X9 was made with 16 bits graphics la MM9-10 though, I'd be pretty damn happy.

On topic, I don't know how this shit can work out well, but who knows.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »

The X series doesn't need a prequel. The first MMX game is basically when X starts fighting, and all the background was provided in the game manual or shown in following games, mainly X4 if you play with Zero.

The only way to make a prequel would be to tie up the original and X series, but that's not happening, don't count on Inafune. Also, X8's ending hinted towards something else, so yeah. If X9 was made with 16 bits graphics la MM9-10 though, I'd be pretty damn happy.

On topic, I don't know how this shit can work out well, but who knows.

One of the things they did with MHX was that they provided a prequel anime with the game to better flesh out that whole uprising thing (although it ended up retconning a few things in the process).

Too bad the odds of seeing MHX2 in the foreseeable future is about as high as seeing another MMZX game within the foreseeable future. Would've been interesting to see a more unified X timeline than what we saw in the actual series (I'm referring to the jump from X's 3 to 4).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »

Yeah I heard about that anime, despite never seeing it, but it doesn't tie in both series, which is what I'd want. Inafune even said in an interview that the whole "cataclysm theory" where MM, Light, Roll and everyone gets murdered by a wild Zero wasn't what he had in mind.

What this tells me is that Inafune has no fucking clue himself on how to tie both series.

Honestly, the entire franchise was build without a plan, I don't think they'll ever clean the mess.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »

Necroing thread for everlasting peace, and more details on that whole Megaman Universe thing.

http://kotaku.com/5594213/the-father-of-mega-man-explains-mega-man-universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlXnXVYEXSY

I still don't have a fucking clue as to what the fuck this is, but if MM1's Box Art Megaman is there then so am I.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 03:41:34 AM »

Except this isn't Rockman Online, it's an entirely different game. Start a new thread for that.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 09:52:24 AM »

Inafune even said in an interview that the whole "cataclysm theory" where MM, Light, Roll and everyone gets murdered by a wild Zero wasn't what he had in mind.

...what.

Who came up with that "theory"?  How COULD you come up with that "theory"?  The games directly contradict everything about it!  Zero wasn't even COMPLETED until well after Wily and Light's deaths, as when Zero self-completed and awoke Sigma and the Maverick Hunters were already around, and that was almost a thousand years after Light/Wily time.

People on the internet need to pay attention before spouting off these kinds of wild theories.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »

While Rockman Online has not been announced for North America, a recently filed trademark for Mega Man Universe may point to an international release of the game.

I kinda assumed that RMO morphed into MMU, but duly noted. I will make a new thread for it if your modness would see fit to lock this thread.

Edit: That said, going from the article it is sorta implying that this game is either the rumored MMO or a LBP clone and will feature an on-line component (and not in the MMBN sense of the word), and right now there really isn't that much information out there to say otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:52:59 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: