Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327924 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth  (Read 4784 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 10, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »

Hands-on preview now up on the main page - any of you readers stoked to have a decent RPG in America for the PSP?

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:52:09 PM »

Yup. I'm getting this on day one. It's about damn time. And it's especially attractive to me since I've never played the game before.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »

Glad to see that it's shaping up to be a good port. Means there finally might be a reason for me to buy a PSP.

Is it the same voice acting as in the PSX version, only remastered? Because, from what little I've played of VP, the one thing I remember about the game was the absolutely atrocious voice acting.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 12:58:50 PM »

I too have never played the game but it is tempting me to buy a PSP to play it. Though I'll probably wait until Silmeria comes out and give it a try before I put down $250.00 USD for a PSP and Lenneth.

I know some of you will tell me to play Lenneth before Silmeria, but please understand I just paid tuition for fall and I'm broke. :(
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »

I'm stoked as fuck about this game. Now I dont have to dust off the PS1 version I have and risk it's almost pristine condition to play it.

How're the load-times, John? That's really the only thing I'm worried about.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »

They're fine.  They exist, but they're in no way excessive.  It's not like the Ys 6 port at all.

Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »

Cool, now I may have a reason to recharge my PSP. I cant remember the last time I actually picked it up

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »

I never understood why people hated the VA in Valkyrie Profile. I liked it a lot. Sure it's not anything high caliber or anything, but I think they did a good job. I enjoyed the voices a lot.

Is it because of the Pokemon thing? Or what? Cause I mean, me and my brothers kept saying stuff like "HEY LOOK, BROCK!" and "Dude, Tracey's Loki. I knew he was fucking evil, man."

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I never understood why people hated the VA in Valkyrie Profile. I liked it a lot. Sure it's not anything high caliber or anything, but I think they did a good job. I enjoyed the voices a lot.

Is it because of the Pokemon thing? Or what? Cause I mean, me and my brothers kept saying stuff like "HEY LOOK, BROCK!" and "Dude, Tracey's Loki. I knew he was fucking evil, man."

Actually, I liked it too.  I kinda like NA's Lenneth (her voice) to her JPN one.  Lord knows why.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »

The only qualm I with VP's VA is that the inflection on some characters' voices seemed.....forced and out of place.

The sound of the voices seemed fine to me, though.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 04:12:34 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"

For me, the major complaint is from two places. One is the fact that some of the lines are done way, way over the top. It's something I cringe at in general. The other problem wasn't with the VA per se, but how the game would have to load so much of it and chop it up. That's more a technology problem.
Lt. Fukai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I know some of you will tell me to play Lenneth before Silmeria, but please understand I just paid tuition for fall and I'm broke. :(

Well, I donít see any problem with do that since Silmeria is a prequel of Lenneth.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »

I thought the VA in VP was great. I didn't really care if they were VA's in pokemon.
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »

I have played much of the PSP version, and it isn't very good.  The PS1 version is far superior, in my opinion.  Oh well, my opinion shouldn't stop anyone from buying it.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 11:40:06 AM »

Quote from: "Seiken_Densetsu"
I have played much of the PSP version, and it isn't very good.  The PS1 version is far superior, in my opinion.  Oh well, my opinion shouldn't stop anyone from buying it.

Would you mind to, you know, expand upon that?  I've had no issues whatsoever with the PSP version, though I never did play the original.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: