Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338735 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 50748 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2011, 11:05:04 PM »

Typically, with the DX games, if you sneak around, you'll overhear conversations and by hacking, you'll get background contextual information. Talking to people usually nets useful info and backstory as well. That said, if you DON'T do those things and opt to slaughter everyone, you may not pick up as much backstory. There's usually datapads with information as well. So yeah, in a way, if you choose to handle yourself and become skilledin different areas, you might find information in a different way.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »

Typically, with the DX games, if you sneak around, you'll overhear conversations and by hacking, you'll get background contextual information. Talking to people usually nets useful info and backstory as well. That said, if you DON'T do those things and opt to slaughter everyone, you may not pick up as much backstory. There's usually datapads with information as well. So yeah, in a way, if you choose to handle yourself and become skilledin different areas, you might find information in a different way.

Although if you go for the killing route, usually you get some special info as loot.
Like the guy who looked sick in DX and you find he had drugs in his inventory.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »

Can a mod please change my name to JoJo Fine
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

Can a mod please change my name to JoJo Fine

My response.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution dev talks PC specific features: Eyefinity, DirectX11, 3DHD
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »

What a shame
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »

Alternate boxart cover of DX:HR for PS3

I don't usually like this sort of stuff, but I might do an exception with this one and print it.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »

This may help people understand the Deus Ex World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlPx7ll7kA
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »

Alternate boxart cover of DX:HR for PS3

I don't usually like this sort of stuff, but I might do an exception with this one and print it.

Wow, nice boxart.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »

Here's one for the Xbox 360 version.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »

Just finished to read the "review event" article and all I have to say is that I'm really impressed by the team behind this game. Over the last 2 years that I've been following the development of this title I haven't read one thing that I can complain or argue about, everything that I could ever desire from a video game is there and it sounds amazing.

Also, I loved your conversation about the game in the podcast guys. So yeah I couldn't be more pleased right now. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:15:27 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:09 AM »

Just finished to read the "review event" article and all I have to say is that I'm really impressed by the team behind this game. Over the last 2 years that I've been following the development of this title I haven't read one thing that I can complain or argue about, everything that I could ever desire from a video game is there and it sounds amazing.

I can't QUITE say that. Not necessarily stuff I don't like at all, but the director's reputation and some of the comments made (like saying some things about the original were boring) did make it sound like the results could be dubious. The closer to release though the better it sounds, and all but shreds of doubt are gone at this point (and the shreds would be more along the lines of how it goes at the end.)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2011, 04:06:44 AM »

On my HD now, can't play it, Damn you SE!!!
speaking of SE, am I the only one who finds it kinda Ironic SE might have the WRPG of the year?

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:31 AM »

On my HD now, can't play it, Damn you retailers!!!

On a related note, it's been ready for pre-loading for over a day now and there's a ton of TF2 items for those who care.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:26:02 AM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: