Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 125589 times)

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Editor Emeritus
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:53 PM »
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and tell you that our Deus Ex: Human Revolution podcast will be going up later this week.  And don't worry, we were sure to avoid story spoilers!

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2011, 05:08:13 AM »
And the FF7 references just keep coming... either Edios REALLY likes Final Fantasy, or they're trying to appease their bosses at S-E:

- Gun Arm man named Barret
- Midgard (now in Chinese)

Let's see what obvious ones they drop next...

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
The Barret guy I wasn't sure it was just me trying to find a resemblance but apparently it really is an easter egg.
I liked it though, it was good for a quick smile.

Oh, I'd like to ask anyone here about those "boss fights conversations", I've heard about them but besides having conversations with people with differents options of persuaion I never felt like it was a boss.
I'm midway through Sanghai, I think, just after you talk to a guy in a club called The Hive, where if you answer properly he gives you better indications of where to go next.

I just wanted to know if there actually is a point where we talk to people and it can lead to a different ending?
Or maybe I just heard too much and mixed things up.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »
You've already passed a few. Maybe.

Code: [Select]
Zeke Sanders - He will do things differently depending on how you talk to him. You can choose to let him go or fight from the get go, but if you talk to him, you'll get some information, and he'll decide on your decisions how he'll act.

David Sarif - If you talked to Pritchard first after getting out of the FEMA facility, you can confront Sarif about some security loopholes. If you get through it properly (this one was definitely more difficult than Sanders) you get some really interesting information out of him about Jensen, and heck, maybe even more because I know I screwed up parts).

The Hive - Not sure if you've reached there yet, but there is "potentially" one coming up (if you follow all the mission markers exactly without exploring the place first). Depending on how this one goes you'll either be handed over information quite easily, or you'll have to find it on your own.

That's as far as I've gotten with them. I know there's more to come.

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
I'm at the same place as you. I just thought it would be something more thrilling. They are still really fun though.
The first one I let him go, the second one I did talked to Pritchardnfirst but I'm pretty sure I screwed up.
As for the last one I did good as I had no trouble finding Getting the information.

That just makes me wonder, cobsidering how few there are of these conversation if the augment for talking is actually useful...
These parts are fun as I love a great dialogue but I'm sure I can find a better place to spent praxis points.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
I'm at the same place as you. I just thought it would be something more thrilling. They are still really fun though.
The first one I let him go, the second one I did talked to Pritchardnfirst but I'm pretty sure I screwed up.
As for the last one I did good as I had no trouble finding Getting the information.

That just makes me wonder, cobsidering how few there are of these conversation if the augment for talking is actually useful...
These parts are fun as I love a great dialogue but I'm sure I can find a better place to spent praxis points.

The CASIE mod is also useful just talking to regular people - many conversations have the pheromone option which will give you additional ways to influence them.
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
I think it's too late for me, at least in this playthrough. I'm not quite sure, but last time I checked I had played 2/3 of the game. Getting conversations boost to not actually talk will be a waste, so I decided to drop all I got left in the Stealth Camo. I just passed a stage undetected with and it's been a blast.

I don't think I've had this much fun with a game since Mass Effect 2. I really hope they don't wait until the next generation to work on the next installment.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »
All sorts of crazy rumors flying around about the possibility of DLC (like a Montreal Hub city) or the possibility of a rerelease of Deus Ex with updated gameplay/graphics/etc. These are of course purely wild speculation with nothing to back them, but I hope all of them are true. I've never bought DLC for a game before, but I'd happily buy DLC for this if it meant a new city and more missions. I'd also love to go back and play the first game. I've considered getting it on Steam. Old as the game is though, I'm not entirely sure it would run on my machine as I use a netbook.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
Minimum required specs for the original Deus Ex was like a 300MHZ P2.  You should be good for netbook play.

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
Azrael I could sell you a copy of the first game for a few bucks

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Azrael I could sell you a copy of the first game for a few bucks

I have a netbook with no optical drive. It's my only computer. Good to know about those specs though. Definitely going to give it a go sometime.

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
Unfortunately the first game didn't age well. If I'm not mistaken when I got it (don't even remember how, I think I borrowed it) I had a few other games on the line. when I actually got to it it was ugly as hell and I mean just a few months after released. Although I should mention I was a graphics whore back then, today not so much.

Still, the game looks like crap, even being good. It feels like System Shock 2, they have good atmosphere but the lack of “everything” on th scenarios is a big factor to not enjoy it so much these days.

Some people complained about the graphics in Fallout New Vegas because they used a 4 year old engine,(which  think looks great) but when playing Deus EX which looks like it's way before 2000 may be quite a shock.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
So, boss fight complaints:

Code: [Select]
Why the hell is it that the last boss fight is so much easier than every other boss fight?  And why are two of them "Fight an enemy who turns invisible"?  WHAARGARBL

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »
I really love the game but I may have to re-install or re-start my game on the 360. It's fucking up really bad. I've had 2 quests become glitched already. One has absolutely nothing happen when a thug is supposed to burst into an apartment and another where the conversation menu simply vanishes leaving you staring at the screen with no way to exit....such bullshit. I've tried every possible thing to remedy the situation but nothing works, leaving me without valuable xp and praxis points for these missions.:(
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »
Some people complained about the graphics in Fallout New Vegas because they used a 4 year old engine,(which  think looks great) but when playing Deus EX which looks like it's way before 2000 may be quite a shock.

Well, there was a lot more wrong with FNV than the graphical engine, that was just the tip of the iceberg that could be easily fingered. FNV was buggy, repetitive, and completely lacking in sympathetic characters. The graphics were the least of my concern.