Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 125591 times)

Azrael

• View Profile
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »
Headshot with Tranq gun is as good as any other gun (insta knockout). If armored, stun gun does the trick fairly well. Problem is they only take one round at a time, and ammo is not very plentiful. Of course, if you're going all stealth you probably figure you'll avoid guys whenever possible. Takedowns are useful as well (the double takedown has been immensely useful. That said, I am happy I kept that heavy rifle and upgraded my revolver. That fight in Hengsha the second time you get in was crazy but I managed to demolish absolutely everything.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »
When will developers stop using these low quality videos?! Going from 1920x1080 gameplay to these blocky cutscenes is retarded.

When we can abandon the 360 and its DVDs in favor of a new Xbox with blu-ray; at the least we'd have 1080p videos standard when everyone's using blu-rays and 2+ DVDs to install PC games (if they're not just downloaded.)

Then again, I think stuff like bink has the advantage in background loading, so it may be more that we'll see that change when that's displaced.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:50 PM »
As an aside, is there a way to get the original for PC? I've tried playing the PS2 version and it's terrible.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »
As an aside, is there a way to get the original for PC? I've tried playing the PS2 version and it's terrible.

Steam, GOG.com, essentially every other online game store.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2011, 12:09:12 AM »

Stick a keyboard and mouse in. Seriously.

... And yeah, it's $10 on Steam and every other place. A good idea to wait on a sale though, I've seen it go down to $5 BUNDLED with Invisible Wars.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2011, 03:53:46 AM »
When will developers stop using these low quality videos?! Going from 1920x1080 gameplay to these blocky cutscenes is retarded.

When we can abandon the 360 and its DVDs in favor of a new Xbox with blu-ray; at the least we'd have 1080p videos standard when everyone's using blu-rays and 2+ DVDs to install PC games (if they're not just downloaded.)

Then again, I think stuff like bink has the advantage in background loading, so it may be more that we'll see that change when that's displaced.

That doesn't justify the fact that they're doing it on PS3 and PC. I wish FFXIII would become the rule and not the exception.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2011, 03:58:46 AM »
That doesn't justify the fact that they're doing it on PS3 and PC. I wish FFXIII would become the rule and not the exception.

Did you miss the thread about how Microsoft doesn't like having their versions miss features? Though given the game runs in 720p it probably isn't as easy to notice when played on 360/PS3 as on PC anyway, that's what I've traditionally noticed unless the video encoding was shit period (Xbox Bioware games.)

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
I seriously need to buy a pair of headphone to play this.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »

Did you miss the thread about how Microsoft doesn't like having their versions miss features? Though given the game runs in 720p it probably isn't as easy to notice when played on 360/PS3 as on PC anyway, that's what I've traditionally noticed unless the video encoding was shit period (Xbox Bioware games.)

I don't think image quality qualifies as a feature. Besides, that didn't stop SE from including the best possible video quality in the PS3 version of FFXIII. It's true that using codecs that require very little processor time allow developers to load the game in the background but uncharted does it without sacrificing IQ so much and honestly I'd rather have a few loadings here and there if it meant having full HD cutscenes. They aren't terrible but they could be so much better and when you're playing at very high resolutions it's really underwhelming.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
Man...I wish I had gotten the CASIE Aug earlier. It's actually really neat and on my next playthrough (if there is one) I'll definitely get it earlier. I have a feeling there is a ton more information I could get using the pheromones and stuff.

Uru

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
The ending was very anti-climatic, im not quite sure if im satisfied or not... I mean the whole game has production values through the roof and then you hit a boss fight and the ending, and just feel like maybe they needed just a bit more time.

How many hours did you need to complete it?

About 30 hours on the hardest difficulty.

I used the tranq gun and pistol, read about how unbalanced the boss fights were ahead of time so when I found the rocket launcher I knew thats what they intended it for. Its a way for us sneak builds to still play and get past the bosses. It takes about 4 rocket shots per boss and what do you know? You get about that many rockets in a play-through...

By end game though, you'll have more praxis points than you need and you'll just be buying things for shits and giggles. I needed 3 more points and i would have had every upgrade.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
The ending was very anti-climatic, im not quite sure if im satisfied or not... I mean the whole game has production values through the roof and then you hit a boss fight and the ending, and just feel like maybe they needed just a bit more time.

How many hours did you need to complete it?

About 30 hours on the hardest difficulty.

I used the tranq gun and pistol, read about how unbalanced the boss fights were ahead of time so when I found the rocket launcher I knew thats what they intended it for. Its a way for us sneak builds to still play and get past the bosses. It takes about 4 rocket shots per boss and what do you know? You get about that many rockets in a play-through...

By end game though, you'll have more praxis points than you need and you'll just be buying things for shits and giggles. I needed 3 more points and i would have had every upgrade.

OK, thanks.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
Been playing DX:HR like crazy lately and I don't have a single complain about the game (maybe with the boss battles, but I don't really have a problem with them really).

I just have a quick question: This is the first game made by Eidos Montreal, right?

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
I believe this is their first game, yes. I hope they make another Deus Ex that was a bit bigger and more diverse in locales.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
Just finished DX:HR!

And this game constantly remind me of Metal Gear Solid 2, specially with the ending I saw. I'm kinda sad that is over though... I really enjoyed the entire journey and I want more so I'll definitely be buying the DLC.

So far this is my personal GOTY. I still have Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 and others to look forward to, man what a year.

I believe this is their first game, yes.

That's pretty impressive. Can't wait to see more games from them.

I hope they make another Deus Ex that was a bit bigger and more diverse in locales.

Yeah, same here. The amount of detail and the variety of places you visit is pretty overwelming though.