Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319079 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 43533 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »

I agree. I didn't dislike the endings much. They were very open-ended, but so were the ones in the original DX.

Plus, they don't want to write themselves into a corner with Human Revolution 2, which is essentially guaranteed because of those sales numbers.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »

Despite how rushed the endings/ending choices were (I only had two options by the way, so I must have fucked up a ton if there are four endings), the ones I saw leave you with a few things to think about.

If you have a save earlier in Panchaea, you can get the other endings. To get the other two you need to
Code:
find Taggart and Sarif in Panchaea.

They are easy to find honestly (If you look closely at the map you'll realize there's only one place each could be), but do require ignoring the mission markers. What is also interesting is that

Code:
you can knockout/kill them

The only problem I had with the ending is how it was just a silly montage with Jensen talking. I think it would've been better even if they had a montage of in game stuff, instead of random images. I get that they wouldn't want to show the reaction to the action you take because they wanted that ambiguity, but I feel it could've been done better.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:22:25 AM by Azrael » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »

I tried to find them but got too sidetracked by the mission markers. Gah. Anyway I found a montage of all the endings on tumlr and watched them all.

Code:
I know that they don't show the consequences of any of those actions - but the consequences ARE long-term. The ambiguity works because despite your choices, who knows EXACTLY how humanity will react. What I like is that the game was about choices all the way to the end. But all of them give way to a whole lot of thought on human evolution and a different take on it - Taggart's, Sarif's etc. All of them viable/possible. Personally, I'm an awful person who let Adam die and let mankind decide for themselves, but I think 'augmentation with extreme limits' is the most likely in our future.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »

You should probably watch the scenes that occur when you find those two in Panchaea as there is a reason those choices pop up when you find them, unless that video had those scenes in them.

My gripe is mainly the presentation of the ending. I think those montages were a little weak and that they would've been better for instance actually showing the broadcast that would occur based on your choice. Or maybe a montage of people watching the broadcast/what was going on every where else since the shit that happened on Panchaea wasn't isolated to Panchaea while Jensen's monologue played. Those would've been vastly better in presentation than what was in the game.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2011, 10:33:27 PM »

I get that saving them would lead to those endings as options and that they probably explain themselves. I haven't seen the scenes but I'm sure they're out there somewhere or I can get to them on another playthrough.

Those would have worked too. I'd have liked to see what the broadcasts said in all, but I also liked Adam's monologues. They could have shown something more substantial during those, sure.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2011, 12:46:29 AM »

Just wondering, but anyone else liked to hear the UNATCO theme on the radio?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »

I'm in
Code:
China
right now and the attention to detail is staggering. This game is awesome.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2011, 01:28:06 PM »

I love doing sidequests in this games, they're awesome. This game is fantastic.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »

Yeah, same. I know I missed several, so I'm gonna try and get all of them done on my Deus Ex mode/stealth ahha who am I kidding? playthrough.

Looking forward to the DLC too.

And yeah there's DX songs everywhere. Well not everywhere, but in at least 2-3 places.

For whoever hasn't beaten the game: When you do, wait til after the credits.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »

I always check if I did all the sidequests before leaving an area. I have a guide that tells me how many are in each area so I know if I've done them all before moving on.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

Doesn't that kind of remove part of the fun? I MAY check a guide whenever I get a chance to play again, but I'm so glad I didn't check a guide at all and just made the choices I wanted to. Sure, I didn't get a lot of achievements and I missed a couple sidequests, but it was rewarding as hell. I explored everywhere (well it felt like it though I obviously missed things), hacked into things, busted into things, and reaped the consequences/benefits of those choices.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »

Doesn't that kind of remove part of the fun? I MAY check a guide whenever I get a chance to play again, but I'm so glad I didn't check a guide at all and just made the choices I wanted to. Sure, I didn't get a lot of achievements and I missed a couple sidequests, but it was rewarding as hell. I explored everywhere (well it felt like it though I obviously missed things), hacked into things, busted into things, and reaped the consequences/benefits of those choices.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I only check how many sidequests are in that area when I'm about to leave, if I realize I haven't done them all I stay and look for the ones I missed. It doesn't influence the way I do things at all. I do it at my own pace in the way I see fit, that's the beauty of this game. I wont be able to play it again anytime soon so I want to see as much as possible on this playhtough. I might still miss some things because of the choices I make but that's part of the game's charm. But if a quest is available to me I want to make sure I check it out.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

It seemed to me like there were only 1 or 2 sidequests per "episode".  I feel that if Eidos filled Deus Ex with as much content as  Oblivion or Fallout, I would never want to stop.

I'm thinking that the relatively small amount of sidequests is why their quality is so high, but I'm hoping that I simply missed many of them.  I really seemed to stumble right into them at the start of a "level".

Basically, I hope they DLC the fuck out of this game.  My wallet is ready.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

Doesn't that kind of remove part of the fun?

Everyone has different views there, but I mainly just checked to see if there were other quests to do before leaving since I really didn't want to miss out because I never thought to talk to someone. About half of them you can't miss easily though, and named NPCs are usually a safe bet to talk to anyway.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »

It seemed to me that if there were still quests out there, the game warned you before you left an area. I didn't always get that warning, but a couple times I did and continued on out of an area anyway. I could be wrong though.

I like exploring for myself, but I get not wanting to miss anything either.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: