Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 125577 times)

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
I got Typhoon finally, and it came in handy with dealing with the swarms of crazy people.  I wouldn't have had enough ammo to deal with them all traditionally.

Code: [Select]
Having only played through Liberty Island in Deus Ex 1, (which I still found intriguing, if very difficult) I was surprised at how much of a rise I got out of the classic title screen music after the credits.  I think it's just an epic score, but it pumped me up for a possible remake with this games engine.
This whole game was so Metal Gear.  Luckily I love Metal Gear!

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2011, 09:12:18 PM »
I for one would love DX1 remade in HR fashion.... I never got to play it. And won't, unless it gets ported to Mac or I want to suffer the PS2 version.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
I for one would love DX1 remade in HR fashion.... I never got to play it. And won't, unless it gets ported to Mac or I want to suffer the PS2 version.

Good news! It's on the Mac!

Now for the bad news, taken from Wikipedia

The Macintosh version of the game, released shortly after the PC version, was shipped with the same capabilities and can also be patched to enable multiplayer support. However, publisher Aspyr Media did not release any subsequent editions of the game or any additional patches. As such, the game is only supported in Mac OS 9 and the "Classic" environment in Mac OS X, neither of which are compatible with Intel-based Macs. The PC version will run on Intel-based Macs using Crossover, Boot Camp or other software to enable a compatible version of Microsoft Windows to run on a Mac.

Actually, I guess there's a bit of good news there, if you cared to go through that kind of trouble, and the game itself would be cheaper anyway.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
Yeah, Aspyr does decent ports and then uh.. doesn't update them. They've done Call of Duty Mac ports too.

Funny I just parted ways with my non-Intel Mac last year, but even when I had it I've never bothered to partition my drive for OS9/Classic or any other reason. Nothing I wanted with it anyway... I wonder if it'll run on my two year old Netbook.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2011, 11:39:12 PM »
Yeah, Aspyr does decent ports and then uh.. doesn't update them. They've done Call of Duty Mac ports too.

Funny I just parted ways with my non-Intel Mac last year, but even when I had it I've never bothered to partition my drive for OS9/Classic or any other reason. Nothing I wanted with it anyway... I wonder if it'll run on my two year old Netbook.

I remember Jeremy Parish talking years ago about trying to get Deus Ex to work on a new, PowerPC Mac that had OSX as the main OS, and still not getting it to work. I suspect the window for playing the game on Macintosh was VERY, VERY narrow.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
Put it on the front page yesterday.

PotRoast

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 25, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
High quality MP3? What about some using FLAC? :(

iTunes can't play FLAC files natively lewl.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »
ps3 or xbox360 for this?

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
I played on PS3, only noticed one bug. I don't have a 360 or PC, but if I did, I'd have played the PC version.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2011, 05:10:58 PM »
ps3 or xbox360 for this?

They're identical. Go by controller preference. Or trophies/achievements.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2011, 05:18:57 PM »
ps3 or xbox360 for this?

They're identical. Go by controller preference. Or trophies/achievements.

This really. It seems as if the PS3 is a bit brighter and thus washed out looking, but the 360 in turn looks like it's suffering from black crush, so you can probably just adjust settings as desired.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
That's just the usual gamma difference between both consoles. It's there in every game, it's related to the way they output the image. On a technical level it's one of those rare cases of absolute parity.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
Ps3. I find trophies more alluring.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »
Trophy whore.