Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)  (Read 125583 times)

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread (merged)
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2011, 04:10:43 PM »
It's a good looking game, but it is kinda meh. Especially the zombie dudes at the end. What the hell is that crap?

Are we talking Uncharted, or Deus Ex here?

Code: [Select]
Though the Deus Ex "zombies" are some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. Were they TRYING to be scary? Cuz it was just a bunch of goofy guys running around wimpering, crying, and banging into things! Fuckin' hillarious!

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »
BTW: what the fuck was with the final "boss"? After getting my ass handed to me again and again by the 3 mini bosses, the final "fight" was a total WTF?

I don't even know what I did. I punched through some walls at the top of the room, ran down, pressed some buttons, got confused, ran to the opposite end of the room and shot a paralyzed boinic woman in the face, END OF GAME! Was that supposed to be a battle, or just an excersize in randomness? And how is a paralyzed woman supposed to fight? Is this game teaching people that it's okay to beat up on cripples?
I haven't had a lamer final boss experience since FF9 when Necron berserked all my characters and I sat back while they beat him to death.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:02:24 PM by Prime Mover »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
Are we talking Uncharted, or Deus Ex here?

Though the Deus Ex "zombies" are some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. Were they TRYING to be scary? Cuz it was just a bunch of goofy guys running around wimpering, crying, and banging into things! Fuckin' hillarious!

Back to Deus Ex, I guess.

I was [i]never[/i] under the impression that the 'zombies' in Deus Ex were supposed to be scary.  They were people who were driven insane and they acted like people who were insane.  If anything you were supposed to have sympathy for them.

They were a pain in the ass for stealth, though.  Too many eyes.  Made me feel kind of bad after I got spotted and had to mow them down with my heavy rifle...they didn't stand a chance.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »
I played the whole game with stealth but when I got to that part I just mowed them down with the heavy machinegun, I could tell right away that doing that level with stealth would be a pain in the ass, it was fun.

Prime, I think you should spoiler tag that stuff about the final boss.

I don't get why people had so much trouble with the bosses. I understand the first one IF you don't have the rocket launcher but after that? My only problem was deciding which weapon to use. 2 typhoons were enough to take them down, I actually stopped using it during bosses because it felt so damn cheap. Fight starts, I press F2 twice, fight ends lol.
The final boss was very underwhelming, I agree. I wasn't surprised to know that the bosses were outsourced, they were by far the worst part of the game.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2011, 06:18:32 PM »
Well...

Depending on what you did earlier, many of your augs (including the typhoon) are not available for the third boss fight, which can make it a bit of a pain.

I do think the first was the hardest, though.  I was rather unprepared for it.  Of course, later on I read somewhere that you can just take him out with the stun gun.  It stuns him long enough that you have time to reload and after like ten shots he's down.  If I replay the game I'll give that a shot.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
I plan on getting back to play this in a couple of days and I want to know if DX:HR has New Game+.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
No. There is no New Game +

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
Agh, what a shame. I wanted to see Adam as Robocop with all the augmentations.

Azrael

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
There is a glitch that can be utilized to do so...if you really want to that badly as it's incredibly time consuming. People have done it though.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:52 AM »
I see. I'm not desperate to see Adam as a killing machine and I don't want to do any time consuming stuff with DX:HR just to get one thing done through a glitch, so no big loss there.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
Adam as a killing machine would be fucking glorious.

The grenade launcher is pre-order content. Great if you got that bundle. Otherwise I can imagine that Namir fight would have sucked. I CAN see how the boss fight would suck for stealth, hacker, non-combat builds of Adam and without Typhoon. I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of those people. Then again, you KNEW there were going to be bosses. You can get them done with the shit in the room (at least for Barrett).

As for the 'things' near the end of the game
No they weren't supposed to be scary, zombie-like shit. That was Uncharted and their steroid zombies. They were just augmented people gone crazy, that's all. I imagine anyone going for stealth bonuses would have had a hell of a time.

And the final battle. Was it really that hard? I ran and hid and took out the turrets from afar with the laser rifle. That thing handled the glass and Zhao well enough. But man was that battle ever fucking random. I feel like the last few hours of the game fell apart a bit.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I like Uncharted. It's pretty and fun. The story was interesting enough. Controls weren't my favourite though, and melee attacks (even though I didn't use them that much) felt a bit slow and clunky. I DID like it enough to want to play UC2. So I'll be doing that at least.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2011, 01:27:41 AM »
That's exactly what I'm doing. UC2 better be tons better than the first.

It's not. :/
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:40 AM »

Opinions man, opinions.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:12 AM »

Opinions man, opinions.

Yeah. Not like I was completely blown away with UC2 like some people were, but I'd phrase that differently just because I know I'm in the minority there and most probably wouldn't agree with me.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
DAMN YOU. Way to crush my hopes and dreams.

....although I guess I'll play it anyway. I need to fill the Dark Souls gap.

Again, I liked UC1 *enough* but it wasn't mindblowing.