Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:30:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Is Square-Enix out of talent?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Is Square-Enix out of talent?  (Read 19388 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »

I would not say they have run out of talent. I think part of it has to do with everyone's high expectations of them. A lot of people prefer their older games. There is nothing wrong with that, although it is unfair to translate their old games being better equals their new games being bad.

Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »

Again they have talent but they are so out of touch with there fans its insane. 90 percent of there localization, game publishing decisions are crap
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

no

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »

Square enix equation

square enix=talent+ bad publishing decisions+ Internal franchises+bad decisions
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »

We get the idea, you're not happy with SE nowadays. That doesn't have to be what every post of your's revolves around though!
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »

Its just this one.....where the question is quare enix out of talent and I say no. They are out of people with brains.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »

There! You did it again!
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »

Well square is denying all involvement with dq vi......that doesnt sound smart to me
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2010, 12:31:10 AM »

doesnt the team that worked on chrono cross work only on mmo's now? i could see how that would be a problem for some of you. i think the people that started with the older FF's like 4 and 6 are just looking for nostalgia and put those games on a pedastool they dont deserve to be on.

FF4 and 6 were fantastic games.  They deserve almost every accolade they've been given.  Even if you don't personally LIKE them you have to at least admit they were huge steps forward for the genre in several ways.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

FF4 Defined traditional JRPGs period. It doesn't hold up as well today, but it's so good that it's still playable and enjoyable.

FF6 polished the formula to perfection. In NO OTHER Snes RPG have I felt such emotion as I felt playing FF6. Hell, FF6 had more emotion than Final Fantasy 13. The Opera scene.. The Train leaving.. holy shit it gives me chills even today. That game was a god damn masterpiece..
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2010, 06:35:15 AM »

Well square is denying all involvement with dq vi......that doesnt sound smart to me

You hurt my head.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »

I've never understood why people liked the Opera scene so much in FF6.  Personally, it was my low point of the game, there wasn't a whole lot going on and having to remember all those lines was difficult for me at age 7.  Even the battle with Ultros at the end was kind of sub-par for an Ultros battle.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2010, 09:30:31 AM »

Jesus, can you flog this dead horse any further? Let's discuss the merits and missteps of FFVII while we're at it. Honestly, isn't there anything more interesting afoot? Nobody's discussed Harvest Moon in ages  :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »

I've never understood why people liked the Opera scene so much in FF6.  Personally, it was my low point of the game, there wasn't a whole lot going on and having to remember all those lines was difficult for me at age 7.  Even the battle with Ultros at the end was kind of sub-par for an Ultros battle.

I liked it.  I thought the song was incredible; had the feel of an opera, and (especially for SNES) it was well done.  The game still tried to keep the scene a bit action packed by having you save the star-performer.  The lines weren't too, too hard (age 7, yeah, it's a different story; I wrote the entire scene out when I was that young, afraid to fail haha), but the wrong choices stood out (I think its like between "oh my hero" or "prince ralse").

I thought the scene meshed nicely into the setting and lore of the game; the game has fairly rich environments, Jidoor is an artsy town; the music is brilliant, the characters are fun, yada yada yada.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »

no

yes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: