Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker  (Read 2882 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:33:45 PM »

Got the game earlier this week. Easily one of the better Metal Gear entries, if you ever cared for the series then get this, even if 4 badly burned you.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »

I got the game myself through the form of the big boss bundle. I felt it was time to upgrade from my old psp 1000 to 3000 for a few reasons, and with all the bonuses this bundle came with, it felt like the best time for me. I didn't play much of the game myself, but I'm having fun with it, and actually try being stealthy whereas before, I always find myself reckless in MGS games.

Feature spoiler tag just in case.
Code:
I also find it hilarious how you can recruit new people for the mother base too. It's simple, yet I find it amusing how the sleeping soldiers get suddenly get dragged off into the air, and get forced into being a part of my crew.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »

I've been thinking about picking it up, just so I can take it on AdHoc Party and play it with some friends. Looks fun. Not sure when I'm going to pick it up though.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »

Interested but not 40 dollars interested. I'll grab it once the eBay price goes down a bit.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »

Probably get it at some stage, along with Portable Ops.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:52:16 AM »

So I beat this yesterday (I thought it was a great addition to the series, especially on a portable device), which lead to me re-playing MGS4 through today. I had forgotten how fucking beautiful the game is and how polished it is (no updates or anything for the main game which is very impressive). We all take for granted the greatness that was MGS4 in '08!

Unlocked the sun gun finally, fucking hilarious.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

We all take for granted the greatness that was MGS4 in '08!

QFT

Anyway, there's a rumor that Kojima will present a high profile PS3 exclusive at TGS that "will own the show". Fingers crossed for ZOE3. How he managed to work on another game while being involved in Peace Walker and Rising (I know he isn't deeply involved with this one but still) is beyond me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »

Fingers crossed for ZOE3.

It's already confirmed ZoE3's on hold for this project... and I've been wanting something NEW from him anyway. I'm not sure he's as involved with ZoE as he was with the MGS series or games like Snatcher and Policenauts anyway.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »

God I hate acronyms, was that "quit fucking talking" or "quoted for truth", CDFN?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »

Kojima is working in like 4 or 5 games right now, let see... there's MGS: Rising, MGS for the 3DS, this exclusive title for the PS3 (yay!), a game with some "Taboo" stuff and he was working in a Horror game with Suda 51 for EA or something like that, right? I'm not too sure about the last one.

So, there's hope to see other things that aren't Metal Gear related. I really like the Metal Gear series but the man needs work in something new at this point.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »

and he was working in a Horror game with Suda 51 for EA or something like that, right? I'm not too sure about the last one.

Shinji Mikami actually, not Kojima, otherwise it'd probably have been a Konami title. Anyways, I believe the taboo game and the PS3 game he's planning to reveal are one and the same.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »

Shinji Mikami actually, not Kojima, otherwise it'd probably have been a Konami title.

You're right. I wonder if that project is still alive.

Anyways, I believe the taboo game and the PS3 game he's planning to reveal are one and the same.

Same here, but you never know with Kojima.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 12:30:37 AM »

I think rising should be the last game of the current metal gear timeline, its the final piece of the puzzle after peace walker.

Same here, but you never know with Kojima.

So true, he'll end up showing a trailer of an FPS game, only for us to find out its a role playing game or something.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »

God I hate acronyms, was that "quit fucking talking" or "quoted for truth", CDFN?

quit fucking talking obviously ;-)

Yeah, I know ZOE3 is on hold but they could just be saying that to mess with us and cause a bigger impact with the announcement.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »

Yeah, I know ZOE3 is on hold but they could just be saying that to mess with us and cause a bigger impact with the announcement.

Im secretly hoping that is the case, I've been on a MGS binge after I finished Peace Walker, done with 4 and 3 with 2 being my goal for today. And after that, the ZOE series. Its going to be a good weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: