Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329866 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  World Cup 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2010  (Read 8406 times)
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »

Anyone else excited?!  I'm at work and will miss the US game but managed to see some of SK vs Greece. SK played a damn good game. Also nice to see South Africa hold their own against Mexico. I reall hope they pull through their group. Can't say I'm rooting for anyone but World Cup Soccer/Football always makes for an exciting event.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »

SK played an awesome game. It would be great if they could at least manage into the quarter finals. Greece gave a really poor performance. South Africa was pretty good, I would've liked seeing them win. Didn't catch Uruguay-France game, although I've heard that French were absolutely atrocious.

I'll be rooting for South Korea! I think they pretty much guaranteed their position in their group. :)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »

I'll be rooting for the Netherlands once they play. :) They've got pretty much the best seat in their division too, which makes me happy.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:57:40 AM »

I caught some of Argentina-Nigeria at the gym today.  That was a killer goal by Argentina.  I'm surprised Nigeria didn't at least tie.  Argentina's defense was all over the place and Nigeria had plenty of opportunities to score.  South Korea was on point and Greece was all greasy.  My Greek friends are none too happy and my Korean friends are ecstatic.    

Go figure, I was about to start a World Cup thread.  See when it comes to sports, I'd rather play them than watch them, but World Cup Football/soccer, le Tour de France, and Olympics are when I'm glued to the TV.  

One thing I love about World Cup is that this is the only time you could go into any sports bar in the US and few, if anybody, will be rooting for the US.  Seriously, everyone in the US seems to root for a foreign team, Brazil being the most popular.  Granted, US coach Bob Bradley's a New Jersey boy, so I gotta support with New Jersey pride.

I'm rooting against Portugal this Cup because they were a bunch of dirty hucksters last cup, diving like crazy and being all "tricksty" and "cheatsy" as Gollum would say.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:17:30 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:06 AM »

I hope the USA wins

USA!
USA!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »

Being Korean and American, that sums up who I'll be rooting for. I didn't see the U.S./England game, but I have watched parts of most of the games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

Although being Irish, I have so far resisted wishing France be knocked out as soon as possible. Some of us have...trouble letting things go.

I am personally rooting for South Africa to at least get into the quarter finals. Although they could be in a tougher group the odds are stacked against them.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »

I'm rooting against Portugal this Cup because they were a bunch of dirty hucksters last cup, diving like crazy and being all "tricksty" and "cheatsy" as Gollum would say.

Though I'm a football fanatic I'm not really a huge supporter of my national team so I'm going to let that slide ;-)

Spain might win this, there should be some excellent games further down the road

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 08:30:57 PM »

* eerie low buzzing noise *

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:42 AM »

I won't be rooting for anyone since my national team is pretty much KO at the moment but I hope great performances from Argentina, Spain and Brazil. Being a football fan since little I'm upset to say this but so far this world cup has been what Mourhino did at the recent Champions League: defensive bullshit and non-specatcle football which I'm not a fan of. I was expecting more from Uruguay and Netherlands...

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »

We sucked as expected, I love it when the NT gives the fans a much needed reality check.

Fucking ronaldo hasn't scored for the NT in 16 months, he scored over 50 goals for MU/RM in the same period. Oh well, brazil will be on in 45 minutes, I'm curious to see their performance.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:41 PM »

I know that this is late but America tied with Brittan. It's the best I could've hoped for.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »

lol at Spain. They have an easy group though so they shouldn't be too worried.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

Argentina is supposed to be one of the better teams, aren't they? I just hope SK keeps it close , though I do think they will be advancing to the next round.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 04:07:15 AM »

Argentina is supposed to be one of the better teams, aren't they? I just hope SK keeps it close , though I do think they will be advancing to the next round.

Yup, despite having the least qualified coach in the whole competition. But it's a wonder squad like usual.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: