Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319582 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Toy Story 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Toy Story 3  (Read 5731 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »

I cannot believe I thought the ending would have gone as i expected.

Code:
For some reason I actually thought they were all going to die. When Buzz gives up hope you know you are screwed. Looking back it would have been very unlikely to have a sad ending.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »

I cannot believe I thought the ending would have gone as i expected.

Code:
For some reason I actually thought they were all going to die. When Buzz gives up hope you know you are screwed. Looking back it would have been very unlikely to have a sad ending.

Code:
seeing that incinerator thing, I thought it would do something like that too
I loved seeing totoro in that movie too

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »

I could hear quite a few sniffles during the ending in the theater. The ending should resonate and touch anyone who's had a favorite childhood toy - the movie's more geared towards an older audience in that respect; it's all about the pains of moving on and outgrowing your childhood playthings, despite all your love for them. I'm not ashamed to admit even I dropped a few manly tears at the ending. I'm just glad the theater was dark. Great movie.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »

I liked the movie but all poignancy of the ending scene, or any scene for that matter, was ruined by a group of teenage girls up front. They just wouldn't shut the fuck up.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »

Great movie. The animation was seriously awesome too, and the ending... manly tears. :'(

Also, I don't understand why some people are so annoying while watching a movie? I mean, what the hell.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »

Great movie. The animation was seriously awesome too, and the ending... manly tears. :'(

Also, I don't understand why some people are so annoying while watching a movie? I mean, what the hell.

We had that too.  I was surprised it wasn't the kids this time, but the parents - the dad kept snorting and kept doing the leg-shake thing (a major pet peeve of mine!!!).

Iliked this movie more than I liked My Neighbour Totoro, so I was happy to see a successful cameo (If that makes any sense).  Very funny; and Pixar never seems to dry up their creativity.  Seriously.  I'm amazed.  Their work in the last few years has all been nothing short of masterpiece.  I still get moved with WALL-E.

The short that played before the film was astonishingly simple, but brilliantly executed. 

Great way to bring the cast back; and a great ode to some of our faviorite childhood toys (I saw at least TEN I owned when I was a kid).  And you can't get better than a concept of living toys just wanting to be played with.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:44 AM »

I liked the movie but all poignancy of the ending scene, or any scene for that matter, was ruined by a group of teenage girls up front. They just wouldn't shut the fuck up.

I really, really, really hate when I'm stuck in a theatre with people that don't know how to keep quiet or that even have the audacity to answer their phone during the movie and start talking! 95% of why I don't go to the movies anymore, and the times I do go, I make it a habit of going on like a Tuesday night or some shit, or weeks after the day it hits theatres, to avoid crowds. I'm such an old geezer. lol

Ugh. Anyway, will see this maybe in a week or three. Or Netflix it. I loved the first two.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:52 AM »

I had to use all my man power to stop from crying at the ending so the girl I was on a date with wouldn't think I was some big blubbering pussy.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »

I had to use all my man power to stop from crying at the ending so the girl I was on a date with wouldn't think I was some big blubbering pussy.

Why is it that a man crying is seen as a sign of weakness? I've read all over(including my own review!) about men holding back the tears the ending of this movie brings out. If I was watching this at home by myself, I would just let 'em fly. In a theater full of people you could almost feel the suction of all the men trying desperately not to cry.
Do women really see it as a sign of weakness? Would she really think you are a "big blubbering pussy" if she saw a few tears roll down?
So few movies elicit such emotional reactions nowadays, that we should embrace the ones that do. We live in a sad society that doesn't allow us to be ourselves.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »

Why is it that a man crying is seen as a sign of weakness? I've read all over(including my own review!) about men holding back the tears the ending of this movie brings out. If I was watching this at home by myself, I would just let 'em fly. In a theater full of people you could almost feel the suction of all the men trying desperately not to cry.
Do women really see it as a sign of weakness? Would she really think you are a "big blubbering pussy" if she saw a few tears roll down?
So few movies elicit such emotional reactions nowadays, that we should embrace the ones that do. We live in a sad society that doesn't allow us to be ourselves.
Most of the time, if you barely know a girl who you're trying to date, you haven't gone through the necessary trials as a couple to safely show vulnerability to each other. Essentially, a guy needs to let girls feel 'safe' while they're with him, not that he'll start being a wimp when the important things need attention. It's basically something like the 'don't go to a job interview looking all slovenly' type of rule. That's what the girls I know tell me, anyway.

I was watching this with a girl I'd been intimate with for the last two years, so was allowed to cry like a doofus this time. She relished the chance to make fun of me for it though, seeing as how I'd always make fun of her for her childish behaviors (she's scared of lightning, loves ice cream a little too much, etc).

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

I like how you guy have to reassure your manhood by saying "manly tears" :P Like it's not o.k to cry.

I saw it last week and thought it was very good. As others have said, definitely dark and depressing, which also made some parts comical considering they're toys.

"Oh, a hunter..."
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »

I saw it earlier today, and here's one more guy who shed some manly-tears. Been a while since I really really got into a movie like this. I loved the whole thing.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 01:46:48 AM »

I didn't cry...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »

I didn't cry...

Dice-kun...

Why is it that a man crying is seen as a sign of weakness?

Man, I got nothing against dropping some manly tears Kenshiro-style, but sometimes you gotta be careful when on a date. I should have just let them roll though, with a stern look of heroic manliness on my face all the while.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »

I didn't cry...

Dice-kun...

Why is it that a man crying is seen as a sign of weakness?

Man, I got nothing against dropping some manly tears Kenshiro-style, but sometimes you gotta be careful when on a date. I should have just let them roll though, with a stern look of heroic manliness on my face all the while.

like vaan amirite?
or this guy?
he, like me, thinks manly tears are good.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: