Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 02:55:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327154 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 19573 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »

i will save my my opinions on 3DS until i know more about the srw game for it. so when is TGS >_>

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »

Somewhere in September.

I don't remember the exact timeframe in which to start looking for new SRW news though.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »

This is relevant to Kinect and Child of Eden.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »

That's just Milky being Milky. Like much of the 1up ex-staff he lacks any form of courtesy or class. Regardless, he is right. Then again, a lot of Gaming Journalism is really irrelevant these days. Most journalists are long-time gamers that want games that pander to them. There lies the problem, does a company show off their core-gaming titles at a big event like E3? Or do they pander to the journalist's tastes? The whole industry is kind of flawed in that sense. The only people who care about E3 are gaming nerds anyways, not the families that buy a console for minigame collections.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »

Having been to E3 in the past, I can say that it definitely appeared to me that the companies showed off every single thing they had in a showable state.  (Of course, what "showable" means depends on the game.  They'll show off some titles in a MUCH less-prepared state than the really high-profile stuff.)

Most journalists are long-time gamers that want games that pander to them.

You don't mean your friendly neighborhood RPGFan staff, do you?  (He asked, unsure as to whether he really wanted to know the answer.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »

Haha, I'm not talking about you guys. I meant the overall journalist public. Although I would THINK that on average you guys would prefer a conference full of RPGs instead of stuffed animal petting simulations!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37:08 AM »

Haha, I'm not talking about you guys. I meant the overall journalist public. Although I would THINK that on average you guys would prefer a conference full of RPGs instead of stuffed animal petting simulations!

Nah, I like a bit of everything. I typically end up playing a lot of non RPGs, I even tried out NHL Slapshot! The one demo I spent the most time with was... God of War: Ghost of Sparta. That was a long fucking demo. I always check out whatever RPGs I can for the site, though.

I'd say more but I'll leave it for our show impressions and awards. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2010, 04:47:00 AM »

Good points, but those are still "gamers" games for the most part.

Then again maybe some of you guys like family game s, what do I know!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:55:36 AM by Thoren » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2010, 04:50:20 AM »

I dunno, while Kinectimals isn't something I'd want (partially because of how much I hate that cat's face) I can at least respect that more on a technological level than, say, Kinect Sports or Kinect Adventure. OH LOOK I'M JOGGING IN PLACE! AND SWAYING SIDE TO SIDE TO CATCH ORBS! That last one is definitely what you'd expect from the Eyetoy. Mind, Kinectimals will also have to prove it has more to it than the presentations did, otherwise that's another thoroughly unimpressive Kinect title.

Speaking of which... to address my prior post: I really do think it's a mistake Microsoft didn't take the offer of showing Child of Eden. That's the bridge title the presentation sorely needed, a game that shows off what Kinect can potentially offer for more serious gamers, as well as being a neat looking and inoffensive title for the market they want with Kinect. Certainly it'd have helped make the press conference seem less bipolar as I've heard it to be (I admittedly only catched the Kinect half, but knowing what the first half had...)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:57:27 AM by Eusis » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2010, 04:52:45 AM »

Kinect Adventures looked cool though, like having to pose your body to collect those orbs properly. It reminded me of Human Tetris from that Japanese game show on youtube. I think games like that have  potential to be really fun, especially the teamwork and fun neede between two people. Definitely a family game you'd play in the living room.

Have you guys seen this Kinect Video of Child of Eden gameplay?

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-child-of-eden-gameplay-demo/17-2731/
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2010, 04:58:59 AM »

I might be underestimating Kinect Adventures there and it's more the Kinect showing on a whole left a bad taste in my mouth. Something like Wii Sports Resort didn't get to me, but then I only caught Nintendo's stuff secondhand and outside the context of a press conference anyway.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »

Good points, but those are still "gamers" games for the most part.

Then again maybe some of you guys like family guys, what do I know!
Those are just two examples out of the few dozen games I tried, or at least looked at. :P

There's maybe about three RPGs I truly enjoyed, and about 2-3 times more NON RPGs that I enjoyed. I actually didn't bother with the Move or Kinect, partly because I don't own a 360 and the Move-type thing was already done on the Wii. Neither looked terribly impressive anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »

a new vp game was supposed to be shown for ps3 but it hasnt surfaced

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »

Kinect just strikes me as a bad marketing strategy:

If you're a casual of family gamer that wants movement fun, you now have two options:

- Buy a complete system built from the ground up with motion control in mind, has over 3 years of solid history and thousands of games, for $200

- Buy a system engineered with controller input in mind for $250, but with a $100+ add-on, with the added confusion of hooking up a non-standard (and therefor more complicated) piece of hardware.

Sorry, but Microsoft's going to have a VERY hard time convincing people that this is worth it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »

Wow, an E3 thread and no discussions about which booths had the cutest booth girls.  You guys are mature.  That's cool. 

Although if I were to interview a booth girl, one question I would want to ask is what the worst pickup line she's heard all weekend was.  I love bad pickup line stories, I find them hysterical, and every lady I've talked to has been willing to share one or two. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: