Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 06:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327318 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 19591 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »

Is it just me or did Nintendo show more core and less casual games than Microsoft?

Arguably it was less that and more that Nintendo actually knows how to target both audiences. I've seen it pointed out by Jeremy Parish and others, but Microsoft's came off as heavily divided. Nintendo's didn't, you had both extremes still (Goldeneye and Wii Party) but you had a lot of middle ground. I also think the casual stuff is handled in a way that I'm actually INTERESTED in it, but I might be biased there!

If Sony's is even half as good as this was I'll be content.

Well, Sony's pre-E3 was pretty decent though: Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Motorstorm 3, God of War: Ghost of Sparta

They're coming up next and I hope to see more interesting stuff!

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »

Nintendo conference:

Zelda Skyward Sword: Welp that answers the question of whether they were going to go with either the realistic TP version or Celda WW version.

Just Dance 2: Just another Ubisoft disappointment. At least we didn't see this one yesterday.

Dragon Quest IX: Is still coming.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn: Probably just like the other Golden Sun games but without the rosetinted glasses causing everyone to misremember it as a far better game that it really is.

Golden Eye: Is a loving remake sans Brosman.

Epic Mickey: It's Okami meets Mickey Mania meets Deus Ex.

Kirby's Epic Yarn: Yoshi did the coloring book, Mario did paper, and now Kirby has become cloth and yarn.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: DKC4.

Kid Icarus Uprising: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEEYYYY SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

Developer Montage: I'm still too stoked by the above to let this drag this down. Also my god somebody get me some animated gifs of this shit stat.

Nintendowned!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »

I can hardly believe all the awesomeness that I just saw...  t-that was an amazing conference, no doubt about it.

Holy shit, holy shit. :O
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

Lineup:

http://users.skynet.be/fa036594/3ds1.JPG
http://users.skynet.be/fa036594/3ds2.JPG

Persona and SMT for 3DS, also FF, KH, and DQ

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

Bah, none of those Atlus games are actually new.  Are they just doing remakes for the 3DS?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »

Most of the time those titles either are never made or are sequels or whatever. Exception to Metal Gear though.
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »

They're porting MGS3 to 3DS. MGS3D.

KH1 also though.

ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »

When there's the sun, there's always the rain: http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/index.html

Reginleiv, The Last Story, and Xenoblade probably NOT coming to the US...

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »

New Zelda, 3DS, Golden Sun DS, and Kid Icarus.

I am pleased.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »

When there's the sun, there's always the rain: http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/index.html

Losing Reginleiv is a goddamn travesty. I was really hankerin' for some Norse Defense Forse.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Xenoblade though. On the one hand the environments looked fucking gorgeous and it almost felt like this was going to be the game to finally channel Secret of Mana as a 3D action adventure title. On the other hand it looked a bit too slow, bland, and generic for my tastes.

I have no fucking clue as to how to respond to the lack of a localization for this. Mostly because I still have no fucking clue as to what the fuck this is supposed to be.

Sakaguchi once said for one of his games that he wanted to make gamers cry, and so far he's succeeded masterfully out here in the west.

That as an aside though I couldn't help but feel that Kojima's little pre-recorded blurb during Nintendo's conference was actually longer than his stage time during Mircosoft's conference. That actually deserves an lol if true.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

Bah, none of those Atlus games are actually new.  Are they just doing remakes for the 3DS?

This games can be; Remakes, Ports or Sequels.

I can see a new SMT game for the 3DS, and a Devil Survivor 2 would be cool. But I have no idea what this new Persona game could be about.

The link doesn't work for me.

Why not? It would be a missed opportunity not to bring those games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »

Password required for that link?

If this is actually true I guess I won't buy that Wii after all...

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »

Fucking seriously

GOD DAMN IT
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »

I got the link from Neogaf, sorry guys. :(

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »

Reginleiv is probably a lost cause, but Xenoblade JUST came out so they're probably still trying to evaluate if it's worth the time or what to do with the game in localization. Last Story isn't even out so being pessimistic already is dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: