Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331472 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 20271 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »

Sony fails in the presentation but wins in terms of content as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know about winning in content, but it was pretty solid. Failing in presentation on the other hand, yeah. The executives didn't have much life to them, and the whole thing dragged on too long. Nintendo's was short and sweet, Microsoft's was a reasonable length, this however just kept dragging on and on. I'm seeing why Microsoft didn't have much in the way of 3rd party presentations for their's, stuff like Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor just dragged out Sony's when EA already covered those well enough the day before.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »

Nintendo keeps hitting the nostalgia button but it works fine for them.

I don't think I'll ever buy the move but that sorcery demo made me want to try it.

3D is useless for people who don't own a 3D tv but for those who do it's great that the PS3 gives them such a great feature out of the box, I have wipeout HD and I'd love to try it in 3D.
I'm really disapponted that there wasn't any last guardian footage. KZ3, GT5 and infamous 2 are day 1 buys.

As for PSN plus, as long as it doesn't change anything about the current PSN they can do whatever they want. It's not like they're going to make us pay to use the multiplayer option in our games... I hope.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »

Hey guess what now you can have Ocarina of Time in your fucking pocket: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2010, 05:43:15 PM »

Sony just simply wasted way too much space talking about how they're reinventing the wheel without actually showing said wheel. There's no doubt that they have don't have good games for everyone out on the horizon, but you couldn't really tell that at all based on their performance this year. Nevermind just how much of their thunder was stolen by EA and Ubisoft. The shooter glut reduced Killzone 3 into just another shooter in the wall while Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and so on just smacked of 'been there done that' regardless of just how much new footage they showed. There's going to be a chicken in every pot and a Portal 2 on every system which made that presentation lack punch.

But then you had games like Heroes on the Move and Final Fantasy XIV getting about 5 minutes of fame and God of War getting much less time than that. Only one game, Sorcery, actually showed off the Move. Gran Turismo looks shiny as hell but is a terrible title to be one of the very few exclusives to focus on. The PSN Plus thing sounds like a terrible idea based on what they presented (you get a few demos, map packs, and other extra junk for $40+ a year but you really have to commit to it or kiss whatever you invested into it goodbye).

And why the hell did Sony need to waste about 15 minutes on a kid with 'tude? (Although I guess they needed somebody to rival Microsoft's two new ESPN SportCenter mascots.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »

Hey guess what now you can have Ocarina of Time in your fucking pocket: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

Woah, do want...

Even though I still object that it seems like everything on the 3DS so far is a remake, at least they're remaking good games.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:34 PM »

Pretty pitiful list all around.

Not much of anything that was very interesting this year.

All the teasers that were revealed last year should have been held until proper trailers this year.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »

Sony just simply wasted way too much space talking about how they're reinventing the wheel without actually showing said wheel. There's no doubt that they have don't have good games for everyone out on the horizon, but you couldn't really tell that at all based on their performance this year. Nevermind just how much of their thunder was stolen by EA and Ubisoft. The shooter glut reduced Killzone 3 into just another shooter in the wall while Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and so on just smacked of 'been there done that' regardless of just how much new footage they showed. There's going to be a chicken in every pot and a Portal 2 on every system which made that presentation lack punch.

But then you had games like Heroes on the Move and Final Fantasy XIV getting about 5 minutes of fame and God of War getting much less time than that. Only one game, Sorcery, actually showed off the Move. Gran Turismo looks shiny as hell but is a terrible title to be one of the very few exclusives to focus on. The PSN Plus thing sounds like a terrible idea based on what they presented (you get a few demos, map packs, and other extra junk for $40+ a year but you really have to commit to it or kiss whatever you invested into it goodbye).

And why the hell did Sony need to waste about 15 minutes on a kid with 'tude? (Although I guess they needed somebody to rival Microsoft's two new ESPN SportCenter mascots.)

OK, KZ3 is just another shooter and GT5 just another racer and X is just another videogame and the fact that portal 2 is coming to the PS3 should be irrelevant to PS3 owners because it's on other systems and who cares that the PS3 versions of those EA games come bundled with another game. Whatever.

The 3DS is a very impressive machine and it will probably be huge, I'd love to see that 3D effect, people seem very impressed with it, it's quite an achievement considering that it doesn't require glasses.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/15/parasite-eve-the-3rd-birthday-e3-gameplay-trailer/

!!!!! Fanboy mode for PE once again. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »

Call me crazy but I'm really not that interested in shooters anymore. MS had nothing but shooters, Sony has Killzone 3 which is meh(Killzone 2 had you playing as a hobbit or something because you were literally waist high to your comrades) and Nintendo has a new(same) Goldeneye which is nice as a novelty but way over-hyped. The games I'm down with are The Witcher 2, Last Guardian, New Zelda(just because) Star Wars: FU2 and possibly MGS: Rising.  The whole thing so far is underwhelming in terms of "surprises"  The 20th version the DS is bullshit! I've bought 2 already..no more!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

That's the exact same one shown during Sony's conference.

Good to have though as I did notice some things that I couldn't before due to broadcasting issues that everyone and their brother was having at the time.

Call me crazy but I'm really not that interested in shooters anymore. MS had nothing but shooters, Sony has Killzone 3 which is meh(Killzone 2 had you playing as a hobbit or something because you were literally waist high to your comrades) and Nintendo has a new(same) Goldeneye which is nice as a novelty but way over-hyped. The games I'm down with are The Witcher 2, Last Guardian, New Zelda(just because) Star Wars: FU2 and possibly MGS: Rising.  The whole thing so far is underwhelming in terms of "surprises"  The 20th version the DS is bullshit! I've bought 2 already..no more!

Unlike the others though the 3DS is a legitimate upgrade versus the i series (it's a lot like going from the GameBoy Advanced SP to the GameBoy Micro to the DS Phat).

And I agree that too much of E3 was devoted to shooters of some kind. Even EA, known for their yearly sports titles, were so packed with shooters that the yearly sports title installments felt like refreshing breaks.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

That would be terrific. The three different copies I own of Ocarina of Time simply aren't enough... :P

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

starting a new drinking game. take a shot whenever g4 shows a new shooter... I am gonna be so tanked.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2010, 08:29:56 PM »

What about Deus Ex? Fallout New vegas? Metroid Other M?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »

If you're going to count Metroid: Other M you may as well count Zelda games; it's primarily a platform where you can aim in first person sometimes.

Anyways, besides what Thoren mentioned I really am interested in Bulletstorm, it's ridiculous in a way that seems more like it's partially satire, and it seems like it might actually be fun enough. There's also the X-Com game which actually sounds promising, and I'm interested in Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3, but beyond those there really isn't anything that interests me at all in regards to TPS and FPSes.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »

Oh yeah! Bulletstorm looked outrageous! I love the indicators that pop up after people die. And personally I thought Killzone 3 looked very exciting and action packed. Too bad I don't own a PS3. Halo Reach could be very good too, although I'm not a big Halo fan.

There's also the two Japanese third person shooters: Vanquish (Shinji Mikami) and Devil's Third (Itagaki). Let's be honest, both of these games are going to be amazing.

And who could forget Portal 2!

Shooters are still in very healthy shape!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: