Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334791 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 20923 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »

The 3DS' graphics are a surprise.  Suppose the PSP will be officially dead soon?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:13 PM »

Soon..?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »

Soon..?
They ARE trying to keep it active with the games coming out and a new ad campaign. But yeah, I figure it has another year before they announce the successor, I'm actually surprised they didn't announce yet another new model.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »

I thought that Killzone 3 and Halo Reach were both boring. Killzone was always overhyped by PlayStation fanboys, and Halo is always going to be incredibly vanilla even in the sci fi genre; it's about as generic as Star Wars at this point. Gears 3 looks interesting though, I'm digging the four player coop; coop was one of the best things about the series.

I was disappointed that Sony didn't show a PSP2. With the way Nintendo's going it seems Sony's going to be out of the running for handhelds soon.

I can't believe Sony's pushing this inane 3D gaming bullshit. We JUST entered the HD era and they're already trying to sell us another pile of shit? A pile of shit that needs funky looking glasses to even work? Fuck that.

This is a terrible idea, to me, only one of three potential things will happen:

1. Nobody buys into this, Sony is forced to scrap it, and those who DID pony up are left pissed and ripped off.

2. Sony removes some features to make PSN+ more appealing. I know they said they wouldn't, but they also said they would have 100% BC support for all PS3s, and they recently removed the extra OS thing. True, this things aren't too important in the long run but they prove two thigns, that Sony will remove features if it benefits them, and that they can go back on their word whenever they want to.

3. Sony thinks up of something else that will make the PSN+ account 'optional' in name only, such as having games rely on it for certain functions in one form or another. Don't think it could happen? I wouldn't put it beyond any of the current big three, to be honest.

I was always looking forward to the day when Sony would rival MS's online infrastructure and still remain free; if that had happened MS would've either had to make Gold free or grant features to the Silver account to compete - maybe that's exactly why Sony started this program. Unfortunately, that seems to be a lost cause now.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »

Ok, opinions on this?
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

Seems like flamebait man, but I might as well bite so i'll talk about the one thing I know - marketing. Nintendo is treading in unknown territory with the casual market, none of us know if the market will move on or actually become "gamers". They did do one thing amazingly well, and that was market the Wii perfectly. They may have done so good a job of it that the word "Nintendo" will be equal with the word "Apple" in that no matter what products the company releases under that brand name, it's going to sell.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2010, 11:37:34 PM »

That article is complete garbage.  Nintendo is still a household name and their system is still cheaper than the competition's (even before adding the optional motion controls...).  The casual market doesn't really care about HD that much and both the Move and Kinect are completely unproven platforms with questionable software support.  But hey, you don't get page hits by writing the expected.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2010, 11:47:58 PM »

My thoughts exactly.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »

I'll just say that YES, 75% of the games on the Wii are complete shit and everybody knows it.  There are a few gems but most people who play the WII aren't really "gamers".  The Wii isn't going anywhere and I suspect it will remain dominant for the duration of the current gen consoles.  The new consoles are about 2 or 3 years away in my opinion.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »

I'll just say that YES, 75% of all video games are complete shit and everybody knows it.

You could probably still argue however that the Wii has an even higher percentage.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:06 AM »

Its probably more like 85%.... that still might be too low
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »

WRONG its 100%

lol
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2010, 12:37:16 AM »

Nintendo had a decent showing, though I was unimpressed by the zelda demo, thanks entirely to the motion controller being a GIANT PIECE OF SHIT. Course, their take on the intro of it was entertaining. Golden Sun Dark Dawn sold me, though. Fuck everything else, Golden Sun is win. 3DS is meh so far, I didn't get enough info from it to like or dislike it. I'll look tomorrow. Epic Mickey seems Epic, though...

Microsoft....Welcome to last place.

Sony has Kevin butler. They could have announced Jak and Daxter racing, Resistance 1:Redo, MAG 2, and a price increase and I STILL would give them the best E3 presentation solely due to Kevin Butler putting gaming itself into perspective. He didn't EXACTLY state PS3, though he did at the same time, he didn't bash either nintendo or ms, though he kind of did. He fought for the sake of gaming in general. Sure, it was a fancy script, sure it was just an act, but I bought it and as a gamer I appreciated it. That being said, fuck Move, fuck Twisted Metal, fuck Killzone 3.

Once again, MS....heh heh, failure.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2010, 12:50:28 AM »

I've seen a lot of people really excited about Twisted Metal, and I don't get it.  I've never really cared about the franchise much (one way or the other), but the demo they showed looked pretty bland to me.  The gameplay wasn't certainly nothing new (despite all the build up to their new 'nuke' mode at the end of the day it's just a convoluted capture-the-flag mode) and even graphics weren't terribly impressive.  It would have been fine as just another game in one of their montages, but they tried to make it into the big finale for the whole presentation.  It gets a big 'meh' from me.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »

I've seen a lot of people really excited about Twisted Metal, and I don't get it.  I've never really cared about the franchise much (one way or the other), but the demo they showed looked pretty bland to me.  The gameplay wasn't certainly nothing new (despite all the build up to their new 'nuke' mode at the end of the day it's just a convoluted capture-the-flag mode) and even graphics weren't terribly impressive.  It would have been fine as just another game in one of their montages, but they tried to make it into the big finale for the whole presentation.  It gets a big 'meh' from me.
That's been Twisted Metal's problem since day one. Nothing amazing, just car racing with weapons and a Mr. Softee from hell. It's never been super pretty, never been super polished, never been anything more than what it was, a kart racer battle mode. Back when glitchy gameplay and cheats abound were the norm for games, this was acceptable, but nowadays, games are too easy to begin with, and people want more multiplayer than anything. So yeah, I second your "meh" with a giant "yawn".

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: