Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 21393 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

Any word on what the resolution of the 3DS's screens are?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »

Yes actually.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »

It says that it can accept the older DS games, but I'm curious if it's region-locked or not. 'Cause I have a couple of imports that I'm stuck playing on the Lite, since it won't work on a US DSi.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:22:38 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Vilnius
Rainbow Club Member

hitaroodako
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »

Oh yes, two things!

1. This is more of a general purpose E3 topic, so I moved it over to General. I really should've done it earlier in the day.

2. The other forum I go to has made a ritual of using a chatroom for the press conferences, and now that I think about it maybe some people here might be interested in that too. If so, head here for the IRC info, or just use the Mibbit link.

JOIN THE FUCKING CHANNEL AND TALK TO AWESOME PEOPLE LIKE ME

im gay
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »

Rage (Bethesda Software) looks amazing

http://e3.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/46600/rage/index/
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2010, 01:45:55 AM »

Konami E3 2010 Press Conference = Pure Gold
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »

FUCK YOU 1UP.COM FOR GIVING UP THE GHOST!!!

The second half of the video is hilarious once you notice that the dance footage is canned.

Also etreeeeeme

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2010, 03:12:59 AM »

What? Is this in regards to not streaming Konami's? Because Konami didn't allow anyone but themselves to stream it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:58 AM »

But you don't have to, that's my point.

And I said "full experience" because of that. It's obvious you could still play your games on your current HDTV or even on an aging SDTV, but they're playing up the 3D angle and deciding to design around that. That, and since there seem to be conflicting 3D technologies means someone could've theoretically upgraded in preparation already, only to discover they actually AREN'T covered yet afterall! That, and the system's years old and wasn't designed to power 3D, Wipeout HD ran 1080p at 60 FPS but was knocked down to 720p at 30 FPS for 3D, and since most games don't run at that high of a resolution it leaves me pessimistic to how good games will even look in 3D.

Still, it's good to be forward thinking, 480p wasn't a big deal when the GC, PS2, and Xbox came out and as such most developers freely ignored it, but now that HDTVs are more common it makes me wish more games had supported it. It might be the same with 3D in a few years when most TVs support it, assuming it doesn't just die along the way. Though, 3D's not exactly the basic improvement 480p is either.

No matter how powerful the hardware is, a game will always look better in 2D because the machine is rendering every frame twice for 3D. And taking the wipeout example, 720p30fps is the standard this gen (hell, a lot of games are actually sub-hd, even new releases) so having a game like that running in 3D with the same specs that most 2D games are using is actually fucking impressive. Then there's the other side of the medal, stardust HD is now running at 1080p60fps in 2D thanks to the upgrade. 

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »

Far more entertaining than Microsoft's and Sony's conferences.  Yeah MS's was pathetic and Sony's was boring.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »

Far more entertaining than Microsoft's and Sony's conferences.  Yeah MS's was pathetic and Sony's was boring.

I think we can safely sum up E3 2010 with "3DS"

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »

I would some it up as, "rehashes".
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »

Amazing.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »

I've seen a lot of people really excited about Twisted Metal, and I don't get it.  I've never really cared about the franchise much (one way or the other), but the demo they showed looked pretty bland to me.  The gameplay wasn't certainly nothing new (despite all the build up to their new 'nuke' mode at the end of the day it's just a convoluted capture-the-flag mode) and even graphics weren't terribly impressive.  It would have been fine as just another game in one of their montages, but they tried to make it into the big finale for the whole presentation.  It gets a big 'meh' from me.

If you`re not into car combat games, you probably won`t understand the appeal of this. TM is the best car combat series out there(despite having a few stinkers like TM 3-4 and TM: Small Brawl) and the last big TM game, Twisted Metal Black, was pretty damn perfect as far as games of this genre are concerned. So, people are excited for a reason.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »

What? Is this in regards to not streaming Konami's? Because Konami didn't allow anyone but themselves to stream it.

My bad then. I was under the impression that all the technical difficulties that they've had over the course of the event was the reason they took down their link to Konami's conference (granted everyone was having technical difficulties at some point but 1up only got through MS's one without a glitch hitch).

At least that explains why nobody else was even attempting it though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: