Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327154 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  E3 2010 SRPG news
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: E3 2010 SRPG news  (Read 8101 times)
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »

I agree it was good but why get excited for a game which everyone should have played.

VC 2 is amazing. But news that psp 2 will have all of the VC2 special items makes me excited for that.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »

Because I didn't get FFT on the PSP I am even more interested in getting it now. The only foreseeable issue in the future with this version is probably going to be battery life which sucks versus the brickability of the PSP and its abysmal battery life.

Now if only I knew how they were going to handle the multiplayer of this version of the game (nevermind Secret of Mana's multiplayer).

KitN PSP still dumbfounds me given just how they're trying to port a game to the PSP as literally batshit insane as it was on the DS. Besides I already have one artbook from the game, I don't need two.

VC2 will impress me if it makes some meaningful changes to the series beyond bridging the gap between VC1 and the ST series.

FE3 is a given.

CivV along with the rest of the Civ series is something I will eventually have to get into once I can get together a computer worth a shit to play games on.

I have no fucking clue as to what the fuck Blue Roses is supposed to be or what's it about, and my opinion of Agarest Senki 2 is exactly the same as Agarest Senki 1.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »

Eh I am happy with my physical copy on the psp (thats also a big deal for me).

KITN got a 33 out of 40 in famitsu, one point higher than the ds version so obviously it works.......

VC 2 will addict me just like the first one did.

FE 3 is not a lock for the US, as xenoblade/last story arent locks in fact it might be 50-50
sagagadego09

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »

FE3 is not a lock, says you stealth, your known for stuff out of air, i'll wait till nintendo says other wise.
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »

Ask nintendo of america and they will tell you they have no plans for it...... of course that can change. But its actually smarter to assume something isnt getting localized.

sagagadego09

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »

thats there canned response.
Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »

Now I remember arent you pro atlus for some reason?

Didnt everything I told you about atlus turn out to be true?
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

What is wrong with Atlus?

Admittedly I am a Gust fanboy but I have always liked games either published or developed by Atlus.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »

A: What is wrong with Atlus?  They're a fantastic company.

B: "We have no plans" IS a canned response.  Every company EVER is going to tell you something that rhymes with that phrase because it would ruin whatever plans they have.  No company in the world is going to tell you what their next project is until they're darn ready to, and using "Well they said they didn't have plans" as your excuse isn't a very stable position to stand on.

That said, we don't know either way if FE3 is coming here, but given the series' reception here and the fact that it's a DS game and I'd say the chances are a solid "likely".

Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »

Good corporate company.....bad decision makers........dont give a hoot about the fans
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »

Good corporate company.....bad decision makers........dont give a hoot about the fans

Is that because they did not attempt to convince Square-Enix to release Dragon Quest VI and Joker 2 in the west for you?

Seriously though, they are a business. From what I have seen with them they are better than most at listening at fans. From the bad decision makers I assume you mean the hit and miss style they go with when producing games? Some of them are not that great (I could never get into My world my way) but other like etrian odyssey(a big risk when most handheld games were geared at least partially towards casual gamers) were great. I see no major problems with the games they develop themselves.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »

VC 2 is amazing. But news that psp 2 will have all of the VC2 special items makes me excited for that.

Wait, what?  What PSP 2?

Stealth20k
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »

psp 2= phantasy star portable 2.......

and atlus doesnt listen to the fans one bit, not even alittle.

NISA right now is the best at giving the fans what they want.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »

Oooooh, too many acronyms...my bad.

Saying Atlus doesn't listen to its fans is kind of ridiculous, though.  No, they aren't perfect.  No company is, as they still have to make business decisions.  But in general Atlus is certainly above average.  An example of a company that doesn't listen to their fans would be Namco-Bandai.

I do agree that NISA is very in touch with their fans, but they do have some...other...issues.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »

I do agree that NISA is very in touch with their fans, but they do have some...other...issues.

Loading times?

I am a fan of NISA but the loading times on their PSP games make me want to go on a murderous rampage.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: