Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 10:00:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332708 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Nomura would like to make a First-person shooter (with belts and zippers).
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nomura would like to make a First-person shooter (with belts and zippers).  (Read 1057 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »

from Kotaku:

Tetsuya Nomura, the famed Square Enix designer known for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, has been busying himself recently. Sure, he's had at working designing Final Fantasy Versus XIII. But that's not all.

"I have been playing a lot of first-person shooter Battlefield Bad Company 2," Nomura says. The designer readily admits that he's a fan of FPS. But does he ever want to actually make his own first-person shooter?

The Third Birthday, Nomura points out, does have elements of a third person shooter. "And Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep," Nomura says, "shows my wish to do a first-person shooter." The game features first-person spell-casting.

Nomura rocked to fame when he designed the characters for role-playing game Final Fantasy VII.

"One day," Nomura says without confirming anything but his own interest, "Sure, I'd like to make a first-person shooter."

And one day, we'd like to play it.

Here we go...
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »

fps games make me really disoriented
but third person shooting is good so I'd probably play it only if it has an option for third person

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

I believe that, one fateful day, Nomura went to use the restroom... and in that trip, he zipped his pants up too early, and "clipped" himself. The pain was so bad, that he believed he had angered the gods of zippers, and as a result puts them in all of his art everywhere to appease the god he angered.

Jokes aside I don't see this combo working. Androgynous zipper and belt men work for JRPG fans apparently, but FPS need their subdued colors, bloom, and inhumanely buff men.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »

Call of Duty: Birth by Belts. 2012. Believe.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »

Maybe you can use a belt as a sling that fires belt buckles. Also there could be portals similar to oblivion gates except for the fact that they are giant zippers that when opened are a portal to another dimension.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »

Also there could be portals similar to oblivion gates except for the fact that they are giant zippers that when opened are a portal to another dimension.

This is actually a great idea.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: