Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Things you can’t bear in RPGs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Things you can’t bear in RPGs  (Read 36423 times)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2006, 06:09:03 PM »

Yes, because he said all Christians are blindly loyal to their faith. You dumbfuck. You are exactly the type of religious zealot everyone doesn't need

You are a fucking moron. I did not feel offended by any attempt of generalisation of his part - because, as a matter of fact, he did not generalise - I just thought supposing a stupid game done by developers - with no real talent for writting or story telling - who more often than not are targeting a nerdy - like you - crowd could make people - religious ones, "fanatical" or not - re-evalute their faith, is taking dumbass logic to a new level.
Unfortunately I was wrong, you take stupidity to a new level.
Yes, I am a religious zealot because I don't comply with stupid logic. Maybe you are exactly the type of stupid nerd lurking the net the world doesn't need.

As an aside, if your entire religious faith is challenged by a piece of sillicon that measures 4 inches in diameter, you need to re-evaluate things.

Bwhahahahahaha! You are even more stupid than I thought. That was exactly the point I was conveying. It's just too much dumbass logic to someone to suppose such "sillicon that measures 4 inches in diameter" could make one re-evalute his faith. And yet you decided to call me dumbfuck and a religious zealot because of the same observation I made earlier.
Let me give you a piece of advice, next time you try to act like a smart geeky on the net, chose a dumbfuck of your level.
Oh, and as for my previous "dumbass" logic, which I suppose you did not understand either, I was merely pointing out her lack of elaboration to back up the "God being evil makes perfect 'sence' to me", because quite frankly, I am pretty tired of people saying "God is evil", "God doesn't exist" just because their are picked up in HS, or because their lives "suck".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cauton,

I already answered most of what you saying here just above, but, WTF?! As for reacting to things which weren't said or even implied - as you think I did - where the hell did you take religious terrorism from, or worse, me trying to play the martyr? Haha, come on...

And why shouldn't a video game be able to get a person to re-examine his or her views of religion? Books and movies, and even music, can have that impact so why not games?

Sorry, but that's quite the sophism I could expect from gamers. The old "games are as much a communication vehicle as books or movies are". The day you have profound games which are the correspondents to what Brothers Karamazovi - or insert your favourites literature classics here - is for books, then maybe this will cease to be a sophism and be an actual and valid argument.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006, 06:24:32 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
While I admittedly can't really argue with your points, you ARE being a gargantuan asshole about them. Ash isn't much better, but at least he wasn't being a raging dickhead to people who were being perfectly civil.

Haha, now I am going to do the opposite and be perfectly civil with someone who is being disrespectul to me - haha, that is not really like me, but you are a fine guy.
Anyway, as for being nice, if you - who is nice and polite to everyone here - is saying that, then I guess I probably went a bit over the edge - as far as Cauton and the girl I replied to are concerned, because this levyur you call Ash is always a dickhead to everyone, trying to sound smart with his geeky sense of humour.

EDIT: Now that you edited that, Eusis, my post doesn't make a lot of sense.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 06:28:09 PM »

Just a quick note: I decided to delete the post I made after reconsideration, but given the reply, that wound up being pointless. :P

And it just seemed to me you made a lot of valid points that could've been put civilly, but weren't so the attitude was bugging me. Although I'd like to know Alisha's logic anyway.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 07:30:50 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
You are a fucking moron. I did not feel offended by any attempt of generalisation of his part - because, as a matter of fact, he did not generalise - I just thought supposing a stupid game done by developers - with no real talent for writting or story telling - who more often than not are targeting a nerdy - like you - crowd could make people - religious ones, "fanatical" or not - re-evalute their faith, is taking dumbass logic to a new level.
Unfortunately I was wrong, you take stupidity to a new level.
Yes, I am a religious zealot because I don't comply with stupid logic. Maybe you are exactly the type of stupid nerd lurking the net the world doesn't need.

"Haha, yes, all we Christians are putting our religion on check because some dumb japenese developer thinks an evil "God" is the ultimate coolness! Alas if we don't, we are blind and dangerous!"

Your own post. It's not my fault you suck at articulating your own thoughts. I guess they all get lost under your emo idiocy and name calling. Maybe if you acted less like a raging, overemotional zealot, your point would've been more clear, hmm?

Bwhahahahahaha! You are even more stupid than I thought. That was exactly the point I was conveying. It's just too much dumbass logic to someone to suppose such "sillicon that measures 4 inches in diameter" could make one re-evalute his faith. And yet you decided to call me dumbfuck and a religious zealot because of the same observation I made earlier.
Let me give you a piece of advice, next time you try to act like a smart geeky on the net, chose a dumbfuck of your level.
Oh, and as for my previous "dumbass" logic, which I suppose you did not understand either, I was merely pointing out her lack of elaboration to back up the "God being evil makes perfect 'sence' to me", because quite frankly, I am pretty tired of people saying "God is evil", "God doesn't exist" just because their are picked up in HS, or because their lives "suck".

And now I'm pointing out your lack of elaboration on pretty much every post you've made thus far. How about "I am pretty tired of overly religious people starting shit because others don't see things their way." So hey, you're exactly the same, if not worse. Next time you try to act like a "smart geeky," you should also "chose a dumfuck of your level," alright, pumpkin? ;)

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2006, 08:17:41 PM »

Please take the flaming and heated religious discussion to PM please.  

If this topic goes any more downhill, it's getting locked.  

(It seems any time politics or religion enter an RPGfan discussion, threads go to hell in a handbasket.)

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »

I'd actually be interested in seeing a topic made on religion in a fashion similar to what's coming up here, but I'm afraid that'll just devolve into flames. Might get some worthwhile discussion before that happens though.

(Isn't the religion/politics thing true for many things anyway?)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2006, 12:13:17 AM »

religous topics always delove into flames on every forum. thats why i didnt repsond to boagtyrs first comment directed at me.

ďNormal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.Ē
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
religous topics always delove into flames on every forum. thats why i didnt repsond to boagtyrs first comment directed at me.

So you're willing to say something that could provoke a flame war in the first place, but not bother to explain /why/? Or is it just that you can't explain why it makes 'perfect sense'?
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2006, 12:29:55 AM »

WHY ARE YOU STIRRING UP TROUBLE, EUSIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2006, 12:40:48 AM »

Your own post. It's not my fault you suck at articulating your own thoughts. I guess they all get lost under your emo idiocy and name calling. Maybe if you acted less like a raging, overemotional zealot, your point would've been more clear, hmm?

Since we are in for quoting, let me quote the original post at hand.

because if it can make people re-evalute their view of religion that might a good thing

People, that means anyone who think of himself as religious. That's exactly what I responded to. And if the word Christian is a big deal, I used it because I am Christian, but it could be phrased "all we religious people" and it wouldn't change a bit of what I said. Maybe I don't suck at articulating my own thoughts, but that you suck at understanding them. Or then maybe it was just an excuse to show off.

Now let's get to some other points:
Name calling? Coming from you I don't see a reason to reply to this.
Overly religious zealot? Yeah, that's why I own over 200 Black Metal albums...
Emo? Haha, that's the best one. I am a huge metalhead - not quite a metalhead, but anyway - I am a very belligerent person, I stand for all that an Emo would find repulsive, and putting it simple, I have zero tolerance for the faggish attitudes of Emos.
I could go on, but I just remembered some thing. I am pretty sure it was this same Alisha girl who was severely humiliated - or at least it was tried to do so - and picked up because some people did not like the way she abbreviated Wild Arms Alter Code F or something in a topic she opened months ago. And when she tried to defend herself, things only got worse by people bashing her writting, spelling errors, lack of capitalization etc. Yet I am the one who try to humiliate people for no other reason other than the pleasure of it, or that hate people who don't agree with me or whatever.
No I don't, I just take pleasure in making a fool of pseudo smatasses like you.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2006, 01:10:06 AM »

Watch us flex our intellectual might...

ON A MESSAGE BOARD!.

Seriously, cut the crap folks. I'm sorry I even brought it up in the first place now. I meant as a literary device, I find it cheap and hackneyed. I'm never, EVER delving into the cultural implications again, because this is how it always turns out.

Take your flaming to PM's like Neal said. We're picking on RPGs here, not each other, people.

Also, more things that piss me off in RPGs: Fixed camera angles. I really, really prefer it when the camera's dynamic in a game. Mind you, this applies to 3D only. I was playing FFVIII and realised that the default camera angle sucks.

Heck, control over the camera in a game is generally a great thing anyway. I hate it when I can't change my view in a 3D game.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2006, 01:18:48 AM »

I only touched on that subject (cameras) in my post with the long list of stuff I didn't like, but I fully agree. Maybe not for the same reasons though: I only recall /really/ wanting better camera angles in BoFIV, while I dealt with stuff like the 32-bit FF angles just fine for the most part. No, I just don't find it as immersive of a game to run around in without a movable camera. I guess it makes it feel like it belonged in the last generation, or just that my ability to explore is severely limited, but I much prefer a behind the shoulders camera view over pretty much any other for a 3D game.

Edit: Oh yeah! Bogatyr: I think you're confusing Alisha with Terra, though I'm pretty sure Alisha's gotten crap in the past too.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2006, 01:26:05 AM »

Edit: Oh yeah! Bogatyr: I think you're confusing Alisha with Terra, though I'm pretty sure Alisha's gotten crap in the past too.

Haha, to tell you the truth, while I was writting it, I did consider that, but as a matter of making a point, I did ignore that; that's cheap, hehe.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2006, 01:48:15 AM »

As far as unmovable cameras go, I hate it when they move around so that you can't see chests/npcs/etc. that could be useful. This happened a lot in FFX, and probably in some other RPGs (though none come to mind at the moment).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2006, 04:00:59 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
As far as unmovable cameras go, I hate it when they move around so that you can't see chests/npcs/etc. that could be useful. This happened a lot in FFX, and probably in some other RPGs (though none come to mind at the moment).

I know it happened somewhat in SH:C - I had to go down every short path in one of the dungeons to make sure I didn't miss anything because the camera wouldn't show what was down them. It got pretty tiresome. :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: