Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Journey - thatgamecompany's new title
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Journey - thatgamecompany's new title  (Read 11858 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »

Jesus guys, let it go. I also have a desktop and a laptop but obviously a lot of people either can't afford it or don't need it. I know a lot of people who only buy laptops because to them there's no advantage to having a desktop. I have one because I'm a hardcore gamer, otherwise I wouldn't have bough it either.

Anyway, online doesn't seem to be essential in this game, you may come across another player and do some basic interaction and cooperate in order to progress but it's not as deep as demon's souls neither is it required to finish the game. I can't to see it on my TV, people say it's breathtakingly beautiful.

Damn, they really are listening to the feedback, people where asking for camera control with the right stick (it was using the sixaxis motion sensor) and it has already been implented through an update. That was fast!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:22:25 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »

http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Gadgets/Report/Desktop-and-Laptop-Computers.aspx

Saying there is no reason for having more than one computer might make sense for your life, but plenty of people have multiple devices depending on their needs.

Any time you want to back your claims up, I'll be waiting.
I'm not even going to bother reading that.  Everything I say is obviously in my opinion.
I will readily admit that I can see some business type people having a desktop at home, and a laptop for on the go. That makes sense. Especially if they can afford it. My point is that most people can't. I could never justify such a cost.
Honestly, It just seemed such a ludicrous thing to say. I didn't think I would end up in an argument over it. Good for those of you who can afford to have multiple computers. Must be nice.
Now it's time to take CD's advice and move on.

edit: I lied. I just read what was on that link. Nowhere does it say anything about owning multiple computers. It just gives all the demographics for owning a desktop or a laptop. I may be reading the graph differently, but to me those percentages are not for owning both. Just each kind. Basically, laptop ownership has gone up, but desktop has stagnated,
Heck, it actually backs me up by showing how the richer you are the more likely you are to own a computer. That's a no brainer, though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:51:38 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »

The biggest determining factors seem to be education and age. The most uneducated and the oldest sections of the American population have the least amount of computers. When you single out income, more than 50% of the lowest income bracket has some form of a computer (compared to the oldest and poorest, who both have computer ownership less than 50%).

The link doesn't spell out how many own both, but considering that more than 50% of American adults own either a laptop or a desktop (with more people owning the latter), and over 75% own some form of computer, there is noteworthy overlap.

No matter how you interpret these statistics, people who don't own any form of computer represent less than 25% of the population. 

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:25 AM »

I have just one pc: a laptop for gaming. I can take it with me and it does everything (give or take) that I'd need a desktop for. The only downside is its life expectancy doesn't seem as good. But perhaps that's just my model.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

New Jenova interview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-11-a-heros-journey-interview

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »

Gamescom trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0CFTmdZgmc

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

I can't believe I had to resurrect this from page 4! It's out today, people! The reviews are outstanding. I plan on DLing it asap. I'll probably even play through it while connected to the internet, as I understand that is how it is meant to be played. Can't wait. This will be a quickie between Zelda and ME3.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

Was already completed in this household.  It's really short, but like Portal, doesn't overstay its welcome.  No padded content.  Worth every cent.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »

Definitely getting it.  It's short enough that I might even violate my current moratorium on gaming for it.

Yes, a game being short is a feature for me these days...

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

Definitely getting it.  It's short enough that I might even violate my current moratorium on gaming for it.

Yes, a game being short is a feature for me these days...

Me, too! A great game that I can actually finish in less than a couple months!

Parn, I know it was released a week early for PSN people. I don't want to pay for that, though.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »

Got the theme for pre-ordering (meh), can't wait for the game.  I got a Gamefaqs forum window open to Journey so they can make the obligatory "IT'S UP!!!" post.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »

The dynamic theme is kinda meh, especially compared to the Little Big Planet one.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »

So, is it true that is just two hours long? I usually dislike knowing how long a game is but I heard accidentally how long Journey was in a podcast and at the moment this seems like a $10 purchase for me.

Maybe I should wait for a discount in the store later. Though, those discount are always for PSN+ members... and I'm not one of them.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »

So, is it true that is just two hours long? I usually dislike knowing how long a game is but I heard accidentally how long Journey was in a podcast and at the moment this seems like a $10 purchase for me.

Maybe I should wait for a discount in the store later. Though, those discount are always for PSN+ members... and I'm not one of them.

Two fucking hours!?!?!
I sometimes pay less for more at a movie theatre....! D:
I'm sure it'll be worth it, given nothing but rave reviews... just consider me a bit blue.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

I just finished the game and it's amazing!
Surely more an experience than a game but a great one nonetheless.

I had the luck to find someone by chance at the beginning of the 2nd area and we when through the whole game together. I can't say how it is to play it alone but together with someone certainly gives you a sense of camaraderie. If you manage to stay together until the end I'd say it's heart-warming!

I think I'll write a review for it for my blog but I need to digest it first as there aren't even 20 min I finished it.

My suggestion, if you are on the fence about it, buy it. Sure it's short but it's fun and wow factor make up for it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: