Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327380 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Journey - thatgamecompany's new title
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Journey - thatgamecompany's new title  (Read 12486 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »

How about replay ability? I can do Ico and Shadow over and over... does this fall into a similar game experience?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

I know it isn't really the point, but how is the single player experience?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

I just finished it too. It was...beautiful. That is seriously the only word I can think of that would describe it.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »

The dynamic theme is kinda meh, especially compared to the Little Big Planet one.

It's a crime against humanity that we haven't gotten either the Demon's OR Dark Souls themes in the US. The latter's are FREE on the JP PSN.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »

The dynamic theme is kinda meh, especially compared to the Little Big Planet one.

It's a crime against humanity that we haven't gotten either the Demon's OR Dark Souls themes in the US. The latter's are FREE on the JP PSN.

For the amount of potential of PSN... I feel like it's used poorly.

Ah well.  How do you make your own theme?  Clearly no one else is doing it that well.
I mean, thatgameco couldn't have made some icons for their theme to look all...weird symbol-version of shit?  :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »

I know it isn't really the point, but how is the single player experience?

Great. But there's no doubt that you get a little something extra out of it when you encounter someone else to play with. That said, your experience isn't hindered solo.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:57 AM »

Thanks.  I'll be getting this when I have the time, then, too many games for me at the moment.  I love Thatgamecompany.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

Theres only a few little treks I like having a buddy for.  The pink sand desert for one, it helps to have each other fly through.  I think buddying up is gonna be hella hard for an entire game.  I might get my white rob to look more "offishal".

Took me FOREVER to find that fucking achievement flower in that dessert (literally, needly in a haystack), one person got it with me.  Makes me especially happy if I can help peeps get cool stuff - but a lot just wanna run through.  The ancestors achievement creeped me out a little till I "got it".  I got lucky with the meditation one, I think some player went to take a piss.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:45:11 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »

Played through the whole game in one sitting.  After doing that I kind of feel like that's how the game was meant to be played.  Didn't bother chasing trophies or anything, just went straight through.  Took less than two hours, but the game felt worth every penny.  This is a visual and artistic masterpiece.  I have never experienced anything like it before.  And 'experience' is the right word there.  You don't really 'play' it in the traditional sense...

My multiplayer experience was great, too.  I teamed up with somebody for a good chunk of the game.  Even without communication there's a real sense of camaraderie.  Love how they give you the names of the people you met along the way at the end.

This game is amazing.  If you're hesitating then just get it already.  There's nothing else like it.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »

100% agreed with Kevadu. Was about to come post effectively the same thing.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »

Just got Don't Stop Believing stuck in my head. I am officially murdering you all in my sleep.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »

This thread should be re-named as "Surfing in the sand with strangers".

Edit:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:52:15 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »

Gonna hit this up after I'm done w/ ME3 tonight.

Good palette cleanser
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »

i played this saturday night in one sitting and i've been telling anyone with a ps3 to give it a shot. i felt like a tibetan monk on a pilgrimage back home from the land of dune. it didn't feel super gamey, there were a few puzzle elements but it's more about the experience. while i don't think that you have to play online, i think it will add a level to it that makes some parts more compelling and emotional. after i was done i ran though it again just to explore. it kinda feels like shadow of the colossus in a way, it feels really big and it has an emotional hook to it that seems simple but becomes profound. at least that's how i feel about it. i hope it get some awards. two hours and i didn't feel like i wasted a penny.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »

Damn, that was incredible! I played through it in two nights. Maybe 3-4 hrs worth. I hooked up with about 8 different players during my Journey. It was fun playing with other people, but I'm sure the single player is still very satisfying. The game looks absolutely incredible, and has a great soundtrack. The music is perfect for every situation.
I would say it was simply pure joy. Especially the endless "flying" sequences. The whole thing reminded me very much of Flower. I hope everyone here has played that as well. Beautiful games, both. I wanted to play it again immediately. 

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: