Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329314 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Journey - thatgamecompany's new title
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Journey - thatgamecompany's new title  (Read 12803 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »

I'm glad that Sony let thatgamecompany do pretty much whatever they wanted. Imagine the wasted potential if they had been forced to make a full adventure game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »

"Just off a wave of critical acclaim for Thatgamecompany's newest PlayStation Network title, Journey, big changes are afoot at the studio: As the studio begins work on a new game, co-founder and president Kellee Santiago departs."

Source: Gamasutra -- Changes at Thatgamecompany: Santiago departs, new game underway

Edit: Found this while reading the comment section in Youtube while listening to the music of the game.

"Hi everyone - I am thrilled to finally break my silence and report that the soundtrack will be for sale starting April 11th on iTunes and PSN, with physical CD's shortly after!! I am planning on doing a Reddit AMA the night before so I hope to chat with you all. Again (for the 100th time, though far from the last), my deepest thanks to you ALL for everything. Comments, likes, posts, for uploading this and the other videos... it's meant so much to be a part of your lives." -- awintory (link to the video)

His channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/awintory
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:09:55 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »

the actual journey of Journey (take away the mural aspects) reminds me of the core plot of The Dark Tower.

A mysterious figure on a quest for a place and we really don't know why. Repeat.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »

Theres only a few little treks I like having a buddy for.  The pink sand desert for one, it helps to have each other fly through.  I think buddying up is gonna be hella hard for an entire game.  I might get my white rob to look more "offishal".

Took me FOREVER to find that fucking achievement flower in that dessert (literally, needly in a haystack), one person got it with me.  Makes me especially happy if I can help peeps get cool stuff - but a lot just wanna run through.  The ancestors achievement creeped me out a little till I "got it".  I got lucky with the meditation one, I think some player went to take a piss.

i played again the other night and had some white robe take me to everything for the ancestor achievement and got the trials one too. i can't imagine getting the meditation one. i want a white robe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:21:27 PM by beLIEve? » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »

Journey Game Creator Jenova Chen "Theories Behind Journey" / Full Keynote Speech

Saw it last night, good stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: