Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:05:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What you like/hate in the opposite sex!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: What you like/hate in the opposite sex!!  (Read 9298 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »

I'm so working the phrase 'bull dyke' into my day-to-day speaking.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 04:49:53 AM »

I never really understood the "good sense of humor" or "funny" trait... it seems to be a staple of virtually ALL "ideal mate" lists. Honestly, it's not something I tend to look for in a friend or lover. Some of my best friend relationships have been with people who are pretty serious. I consider myself to be fairly serious. If I think of something clever or witty enough to say, I'll say it, but I find the vast amount of humor to be stupid, repulsive, or forced, so I tend to stay away from it. Nothing like a bad joke to ruin a great moment. Fuck humor, it's VERY low on my priority list.

exactly what I thought as i read that tl;dr post by dincrest.
I would put pervertedness instead of humor, since that's such a broad term

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »

A good sense of pervertedness is indeed good.. in bed.
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 01:43:37 AM »

Looks like I'll have to copy-paste some stuff from one of my more animated Facebook conversations stemming from the status, "Anyone else out there think the phrase 'but he/she's just not my type,' is a cop-out?"  There are addendums in this revised version as well.  

Looks:
I try not to have a set "type" in terms of looks.  If I limit myself to a "type" then I could miss out on potentially awesome people.  I hear people talk about how they're absolutely bonkers over a person and super happy but they're "not my usual type" to which I say, "so what?"  That being said, I prefer women with curves.  I like thick hips and some junk in the trunk.  In terms of ethnicity, no preference.  A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman be she from any continent.  

In terms of face (and facial attractiveness is important to me since I'll be looking at her face most of the time), clean clear skin is key.  Any face automatically looks better with clear skin.  Too much makeup isn't something I'm attracted to.  I don't want have a mouth full of foundation when I kiss her.  Modest makeup is cool.  And I prefer girl-next-door cute to smoldering out-of-my-league hot.  

All this being said, should I find myself in a fulfilling and healthy relationship with a smoldering hottie with a slender body, then I'll just embrace her unique and special beauty.          

My must-have character traits:

1) Sense of humor. This is of the most paramount importance to me because you need a sense of humor (at least a somewhat wacky one) just to merely put up with me. Over time, looks fade but good humor is forever.

2) Good communicator (and conversationalist.) Few things turn me on more than a lady with whom I can talk to for hours on end about nothing and everything all at once. I love to talk and communicate, I also consider myself a decent listener and value that in people. I've been in social situations where talking with a girl was like pulling teeth and I kept thinking, "This sucks."  She doesn't have to be a PhD level genius or anything, but she can't be vapid either, because I love conversations with substance (even if they're about nothing.)

3) Willingness to embrace her "dork side." Let's face it, I'm a geeknerd. I write for RPGFan after all, and love it. A lady does not have to be into video games like I am, but if she's into something else geeky that I'm not super into (i.e. Star Trek) that's totally cool. Because her willingness to embrace her dork side leads me to believe that she'd be more accepting of my dork side (which ain't going away.) Or even if she's not into "geeky" stuff at all, but is willing to open herself up to the dork side and perhaps step outside her comfort zone and maybe give a good graphic novel or something a chance. (Of course, if she doesn't like Star Wars, that might be an issue:P)

4) Emotionally stable.  Everyone snickers at me and says, "ha, good luck with that one, partner.  All chicks are psycho, dude!"  But I will not settle in this area.  Relationships are a two way street.  We have to support each other, and it's hard to be supportive if the other person manipulates your feelings/emotions knowing they have you by the balls (so to speak.)  For example, if you're with a suicidal person always talking about the ways s/he could die knowing full well that their death will emotionally destroy you and using that to leverage situations, that's bad.  I also want to know that if we do happen to break up, that she won't go on a rampage and key my bicycle, slash my car tires, or break into my house.  Plus, if I am to have children with this person, she needs to have emotional stability because children are VERY unpredictable and she has to be able to handle situations kids throw at her.  

5) I still haven't selected one yet.  

Honorable mention: Her family.  If I do not get along with her family, that will inevitably lead to problems down the road.  A long-term relationship is not just between two individuals.  It's between two families as well.  Sure there are plenty of feuds, drama, cross-fighting and in-fighting within and between families, but I don't want to create more of that and possibly alienate her, or myself, from either of our families.  Even with our circles of friends, there are some buddies I may have to hide from her and some gal-pals she may have to hide from me, but if we can get along with eachother's closest friends, that's a plus.  

My 5 dealbreaker character traits:

-drug use and smoking. I'm all about straightedge clean living these days and do not wish to be with someone who uses illegal drugs or smokes. I find smoking to be a vile habit and kissing an ashtray is gross. If she enjoys a social drink that's fine with me. I don't expect a girl to be straightedge, but illicit drug use and smoking= no thanks.

-disrespectful to my parents. Total dealbreaker. They're my parents and I have a tight relationship with them. I have zero tolerance for anyone who's disrespectful to my mama and papa.

-high maintenance, spoilt brat, gossipy, drama queen type girls. No thank you. "Psycho-bitches" need not apply here. If I'm allowed to add overly jealous in that list of "drama queen" traits, I will.

-doesn't like kids.  I'm 32.  A hot lover is fun for a little while, but I'm looking for someone who will eventually be the potential mother to my children.  I eventually do want to get married and start a family.  I love kids, I work with kids, and it would be absolutely heartbreaking for me to be with a woman who dislikes or doesn't want kids.  

-Infidelity. Zero tolerance if a girl cheats on me. I've never cheated on anyone and never will. I've been cheated on before and I was absolutely crushed and devastated. If I can put in the effort to be a good communicator and a loyal, reliable boyfriend, I think it's safe to expect the same kind of effort reciprocated, especially if it's someone I plan to be with for the long haul.

Honorable mention: unhealthily obese. If a lady's got a few extra pounds, that's fine. In fact, I like my women a little thick and curvy. Junk in the trunk is a good thing. I like thick hips and a round booty.  Come on fellas, sing that Sir-Mix-a-Lot "Baby Got Back" song with me!  A lady with no curves= bad.  I want a woman, not a chick who looks like a 12 year old boy.  Anyway, I do like to lead a healthier active lifestyle and if she's too lazy and obese to accompany or keep up with me on the kinds of hiking or biking adventures I enjoy so much at least once in a while, that's not good.

This is might sound kinda lame, but I couldn't have said this better myself.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »

Appearance and communicability. Basically everything everyone has said can be summed up by that. Obviously, appearance matters, if you don't think someone is attractive, then the relationship stays what it would be: good friends. And friends is good, especially if there's less sexual tension. The other side is how well you can relate to and communicate with that person.

I've seen what I call "Army Wife Syndrome" (sorry for all you boys in blue, but I've seen it over and over again at army guys parties). Basically, the man loves beer, guns, football, and killin' things, while the women like hair salons, babies, gossip, and clothes. I've been to these parties a number of times, and it kills me. What happens, is you get the men as far away from the women as humanly possible... many times outside. And you go back and forth between the two camps, and the conversations couldn't be as different. How does that work? I can't fathom how, when all the party goers leave and a couple is left alone, how that is going to work. A red flag just goes up. I was raised a bit more gender neutrally than I think the norm, so I don't see women as being "a different species". I'd like to be able to talk with the woman I'm with.

My girlfriend and I are similar in this regard. Both of us were brought up fairly gender neutrally. Heck, I absolutely love going shopping with her. And she's always dieing to play my video games! Not that video games really are male-centric anymore, but it is sort of a nerdboy stereotype. Shit... she does lurk on these boards, so I better be careful what I say!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »

I'm going to just say what I like in my partners, since I'm not attracted to the opposite sex.

Grounded.
Not clingy, I like my solitude.
I'm very liberal, they should be as well. While I'm respectful to pretty much anyone, I don't like having my blood boiled.
Looks, do not matter (to me). I've been with pretty boys to overweight guys with skin problems - I know some people have a hard time wrapping their head around that.
Honesty, or at least, a bad liar.
SANITY. Or at least some indication that they are in fact self-aware. I really don't tolerate drama in my life, so people who have sudden mood swings can gtfo.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »

I'm not picky at all.

Nice face and nice hair.Apart from that I don't care too much on appearance.

As for personality I like women that are confident,independent,and humorous.I can deal with mood swings and temper,my girlfriend is bipolar and I am accustomed to dealing with her.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

I'm not picky at all.

As for personality I like women that are confident,independent,and humorous.I can deal with mood swings and temper,my girlfriend is bipolar and I am accustomed to dealing with her.

I wish I had that sort of patience, I can't deal with it though. So I just stay away from it.

My grandfather was schizophrenic and my aunt is bipolar, and we always had mentally handicapped/ill people in our house growing up since my mums brother works around them, rather than me learning to be comfortable around them I have a slight phobia of them. One of the women my uncle brought to our house kidnapped me when I was little, saying that I was her son and that my mum had stolen me from her.

I realize that while that woman was clearly deranged, and your girlfriend is probably very nice on a good day, I need stability and sanity in my day-to-day, probably because of that incident. 

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

I need stability and sanity in my day-to-day, probably because of that incident. 

Can definitely understand this.

I think people who already have unstable lives (or have had a lot of experience with emotionally turbulent relationships) instinctively seek out some form of normality in their partners. Basically looking for something they haven't always had in abundance.

It certainly explains why some of my friends prefer dating much older men- they've had too much emotional shit going on in their lives and want mature men with less unpredictable ways.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »

Haha, yep, you got me down to a tee there, CastNuri.

My current boyfriend is older than me, as have all but one of my previous partners. Someone who has long since gotten past their daddy issues and has their life in at least some form of order.

EDIT: It's usually nothing important anyway. Mostly I just wiki random things like "penguins" or google the word "Cake" and drool over all the different sorts of cakes I'll never get to eat.

EDIT(2): Geez, that first edit was for a completely different post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:39:39 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »

I'm not picky at all.

I wish I had that sort of patience, I can't deal with it though. So I just stay away from it.

My grandfather was schizophrenic and my aunt is bipolar, and we always had mentally handicapped/ill people in our house growing up since my mums brother works around them, rather than me learning to be comfortable around them I have a slight phobia of them. One of the women my uncle brought to our house kidnapped me when I was little, saying that I was her son and that my mum had stolen me from her.

I realize that while that woman was clearly deranged, and your girlfriend is probably very nice on a good day, I need stability and sanity in my day-to-day, probably because of that incident.  

Wow sounds like a ton of neat stories there.

As for me,I like the challenge :)

Just last month,my girlfriend forgot my birthday,and cried when I told her it was my birthday(I thought she knew).She didn't get me anything.Then she got angry that I didn't tell her it was my birthday and ignored me all week.Finally she got me something but she was still angry with me.Odd woman,very odd.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:38:03 PM by Lazlowe1984 » Logged

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »

Here's one thing I want to put forth. Guys say that they don't understand women. Women say that they don't understand guys. Bullshit.

People don't understand people. The only thing is, if you're not in a deep intimate relationship with someone, you don't have nearly as much riding on the relationship, so you don't NEED to know as much. Guys can "hang out", and not really connect all that deeply. Girls can do the same. But when you're in love, there's a lot of tip-toeing and anxiety that goes on, trying to balance each others prolonged happiness, sexual gratification, etc. That's where the communicate becomes important. If two straight men, as friends, had to have that kind of tight communication, they would have the same problems. Just listen to roommate stories, even among best friends.

Someone from our resident queer community would probably be better suited for highlighting this issue, but I noticed that it is pretty all-encompassing. Next time I hear the, "Man are from Mars, Women are from Venus" comment, I just want to bash their head in.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:10:07 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »

Required:
Woman
Under 160 po
Not horrendous looking
Calm
Nice; there are enough woes in the world already, no need for people to add more.
No cheating
No smoking / drugs / excessive drinking

Preferred:
Geek
No acne leftovers; I used to have really bad acne, so I don't really like seeing it. Don't worry, I'm great looking now, got accutane-d while in highschool =P
Boring; I'm boring, I don't want to go out all weekend long every weekend *insert old man grumble*

Feel free to sign up
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »

Here's one thing I want to put forth. Guys say that they don't understand women. Women say that they don't understand guys. Bullshit.

People don't understand people. The only thing is, if you're not in a deep intimate relationship with someone, you don't have nearly as much riding on the relationship, so you don't NEED to know as much. Guys can "hang out", and not really connect all that deeply. Girls can do the same. But when you're in love, there's a lot of tip-toeing and anxiety that goes on, trying to balance each others prolonged happiness, sexual gratification, etc. That's where the communicate becomes important. If two straight men, as friends, had to have that kind of tight communication, they would have the same problems. Just listen to roommate stories, even among best friends.

Someone from our resident queer community would probably be better suited for highlighting this issue, but I noticed that it is pretty all-encompassing. Next time I hear the, "Man are from Mars, Women are from Venus" comment, I just want to bash their head in.

You have some interesting points there, and I agree with ya for the most part. Though, I think there is one or two inherent differences that lead to not communicating well and, in effect, lead to thinking the opposite sex is crazy as shit.

Dudes are pretty straight-forward with what they want, generally.  Girls are generally more hint-droppers.  I don't think either one is the superior way of doing things, just that this difference creates problems when you're not aware of it.  If a guy doesn't pick up on something his girlfriend says or does in that subtle way, she'll probably think he either doesn't care or isn't paying attention.  But it doesn't necessarily mean that the guy doesn't care, he just wasn't looking out for subtlety because its' not how he usually communicates.  I don't think it's an excuse to say "I just don't understand men/women", I think knowing that is an opportunity to meet in the middle somewhere.  I hope that I've learned a thing or two in my time and this is somewhere in the ballpark lol.

Anyhow
Likes:  Dark hair, pale skin, charm, intelligence, loyalty, a love for good music (bonus points for being a musician), a degree of dorkyness,
          a view that all people are complete retards until proven otherwise,
         an independant mind, awkwardness can be super cute too.

Dislikes: Cocky attitudes, stupidity, refusal to communicate, manipulating,  a love for bad music(I really can't stand any sort of modern hip hop or rap)

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »

when i've been friends with a guy for a while that respects my sexuality(doesnt flirt/hit on me when they know they have no chance) they sometimes have a tendancy to forget that i'm a girl and tart treating me like one of their other male friends wich over time grates on me.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: