Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 05:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337929 Posts in 13834 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Was there anything interesting to come out of this E3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Was there anything interesting to come out of this E3?  (Read 6679 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »

yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty much only interested in console JRPGs these days... 

You're missing a lot of great games man...

Anyway, if you're in Europe and haven't imported Demon's Souls the game will be released this week and it's a fantastic special edition for the price of a normal release. I'm counting the hours that are left to finally have it in my hands. I'm currently playing resonance of fate and it's definetely worth a shot for any jrpg fan.

But yeah, there have been some great games in other genres so don't limit yourself to jrpgs. You have all current gen systems man, mass effect 2, alan wake, god of war 3, heavy rain, uncharted 2 just went platinum if you don't have it already, the list is endless.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »

Dragon Quest IX (July) DS
Etrian Oddessy III: The Drowned City (September 27th) DS
FF : 4 Warriors of Light (October) DS
Lufia : Curse of the Sinestrals (Fall 2010) DS
Rune Factory 3 (Winter 2010) DS
Golden Sun DS (Fall 2010) DS
Pokemon ranger 3 (Fall 2010) DS
Pokemon White/Black (Spring 2011) DS
Kingdom Hearts Recoded (TBA) DS
Valkyria Chronicles 2 (August) PSP
Kingdom Hearts: BBS (September 9th) PSP
Knights in the Knightmare (October 19th) PSP
Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Fall 2010) PSP
Y's Seven (Late Summer 2010) PSP
Y's The Oath of Felshana (Fall 2010) PSP
y'S 1+2 Chronicles (2011) PSP
Legend of Heroes VI: Trails in The Sky Trilogy FC,SC,TC (2011) PSP
Fallout New Vegas (October 2010) PS3
Atelier Rorona (September) PS3
Trinity Universe  (June) PS3
Arc Rise Fantasia  (July) wii

These are all the rpgs that we know with solid american dates.......looks good to me.

Possible

DQ VI, DQ joker 2, Fire Emblem remake, The another world, ar tonelico III, Neptune, ff14, ff 13 versus, WKC 2, Atelier totori, ,Blaze union, ff 13 agito, Zettai Hero, Lau pucelle ragnarok, Monster hunter freedom 3, The last story , xenoblade......

JRPGS dont seem dead to me

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:34:24 PM by omanga42 » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

That pretty much just proves he needs to get himself handhelds and accept there'll only be a small smattering on consoles in contrast to the PS1 and 2 days. Especially when of the four console titles listed one is a WRPG and another is probably bound to be crap.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 03:42:20 PM »

Well even though they are in the possible..... ar tonelico III, neptune, ff 13 versus and agito, dq vi, blaze union, zettai hero, MH F 3, xenoblade (I hope) are basically confirmed for america at some point
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:43:54 PM by omanga42 » Logged
Cait Sith
Roll the Dice

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »

Yeah, for those who may of thought the RPG was a dying genre, as one can tell by this list, the genre is alive and well.

Currently Playing: Resonance of Fate

PSN: jasonpudd
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »

Its my personal master rpg list I keep.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »

Geeze, Arc Rise and DQ9 are almost out already?  And EO3 in Sept?  When did I miss these dates?  I need to start finishing things pronto.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »

The heavy rpg period is upon us till the end of the year. Once Nisa has there conference I can officially add ar tonelico III, neptune, classic dungeon and maybe more to that list

Oh and atelier rorona is coming in september by the way, I updated the list
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »

That pretty much just proves he needs to get himself handhelds and accept there'll only be a small smattering on consoles in contrast to the PS1 and 2 days.

But handhelds suck! ;)

Though with a grip accessory (so that it can actually be used comfortably) and if I plug it into my TV my PSP isn't that bad.  Especially now that I got the right cables so that I can run it through my home theater system.  Still wish I could just play PSP games on the PS3, though.

Thebluick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

lots of posts since I was last on, sorry I haven't said anything in a while.

almost everything in the lists above is on a handheld.  I don't enjoy handhelds anymore as I play RPGs with my wife watching and enjoying with me.  someone said something about the psp being played on a tv.  I have the psp and would love to be able to play PSP games on my tv with my PS3 controller.  honestly if sony would allow me to buy PSP games over the PSN and play them on my console that would be awesome.  but just being able to play them on the tv using a controller would probably get me by.  there are a lot of good PSP RPGs that I couldn't finish because handheld gaming basically requires me to ignore my wife and kid and sit in a corner.
/ramble

The only console RPGs I can think of to look forward to are:
Last Story
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Persona 5 (rumored to be a PS3 game)

IMHO this whole generation has been really weak for solid JRPGs.  I think I have played every single 360, wii, PS3 JRPG and the only one I've loved is Lost Odyssey, although I liked (Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of symphonia 2, and Star Ocean 4).  and the ones I didn't like at all (please I'm not trying to troll) are (Final Fantasy XIII, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Rune Factory, Fable 2...)

back to earlier, if you can tell me how to get PSP on my tv with a PS3 controller I'll be a happy gamer willing to have your babies.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »

The PSP is basically the same size as a PS3 controller.  I can't understand what possible reason you would have against using it.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

Handhelds are where it's at, for sure.  Don't forget the iPhone and possibly Windows 7 phones.  Microsoft is serious about turning its Windows 7 mobile platform into an Apple competitor in the games space.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »

Well get ready for the 3DS....paper mario, every shin megami franchise, etrian O, Nisa has the system, super robot wars, FF, dragon quest, Kingdom hearts..... and probably much more

The 3DS will be a bigger rpg machine than the ds which had the most rpgs ever,
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:41:19 PM by omanga42 » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

back to earlier, if you can tell me how to get PSP on my tv with a PS3 controller I'll be a happy gamer willing to have your babies.

Buy a PSP go, if you don't mind sticking with digitial distribution and missing out on some games like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (which I hear is actually REALLY good). With that aside though, the DSi XL has a much larger screen partially so it can be played with others being able to watch, so even the DS isn't something to rule out.

I really do think you're either going to have to make the jump to handhelds or look for more genres to enjoy though, as Japan at large is sticking with handhelds primarily and by proxy that's where you're going to be finding most of the JRPGs.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »

I think the 3ds will handle the mantle well as rpg machine of the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: