Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 04:43:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337966 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Was there anything interesting to come out of this E3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Was there anything interesting to come out of this E3?  (Read 6683 times)
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »

All we know are what franchises companies plan to bring, no games.

Resident evil 3ds is confirmed.
so are paper mario, star fox, OOT, mario kart, and a few other first party games

Thats really it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »

Admittedly I also believe the Saint's Row game is real, bothering to provide a subtitle and logo implies they're serious about making a game rather than announcing something they'd kind of like to do maybe.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »

Well with a release of march 2011 its far to early to discuss 3ds games........

Whats coming for the ds is still on my mind.....
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »

March 2011 is the latest it'll come, but it's still possible it'll come out this year. Failing that, it may surface in January or February.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »

Even if it is 6 or 7 months thats a long time away...... and honestly like all system launches I am sure the launch lineup wont be nearly "that" good.

I would like to see how square, atlus, level 5, and nintendo will say good bye to the ds.....probably with dq vi (and or joker 2), some srw game, the another world/layton and pokemon/golden sun respectively.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »

If Kid Icarcus and Pilotwings are out at launch then it should be a strong enough launch lineup to get at launch... there just won't be anything for this forum specifically.
omanga42

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »

Launch lineups never ever have rpgs in them..... I cant think of one that did.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »

yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty much only interested in console JRPGs these days... 

You're missing a lot of great games man...

Anyway, if you're in Europe and haven't imported Demon's Souls the game will be released this week and it's a fantastic special edition for the price of a normal release. I'm counting the hours that are left to finally have it in my hands. I'm currently playing resonance of fate and it's definetely worth a shot for any jrpg fan.

But yeah, there have been some great games in other genres so don't limit yourself to jrpgs. You have all current gen systems man, mass effect 2, alan wake, god of war 3, heavy rain, uncharted 2 just went platinum if you don't have it already, the list is endless.

friends keep telling me that...but i dont consider call of duty a freat game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

I honestly dont recall pilotwings 64 being a good game...
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »

Ninja Gaiden and Metal Gear is enough reason to buy a 3DS for me. I'm also interested in the Atlus games for the system and Dead or Alive, but we'll see.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »

If you're only going to focus on one genre like that then yeah, it's going to be boring. The broader your tastes are the more amazing this E3 potentially was. That, and JRPG news is going to come more at TGS than E3, there's localization announcements to look forward to but even then they'll announce a lot of stuff over the course of the year and not have anything new to show for E3.

Even if your tastes are broad, there wasn't that much exciting stuff this year.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 11:18:27 PM »

Admittedly it might be more "If you like Nintendo titles and can accept they'll announce mostly sequels, then it was AMAZING!" since I can't recall much beyond Nintendo's press conference that really interested me. Hell, for all the games they announced they didn't mention localizing any that we were unsure about earlier.

I honestly dont recall pilotwings 64 being a good game...

No, that's just you. Though it was ridiculously hard, so I imagine this one will be saner given the fact it's tied into Wii Sports Resort.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »

Maybe that was it, I was only nine at the time so maybe my ability to land a bike with a propeller attached to it on a tiny little landing strip may have turned me off from the game. I did enjoy Body Harvest though...

Im just glad they kept Cammy from the stage, its bad enough having to sit through Reggie's bits.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »

I'm looking forward to Etrian Odyssey III, Parasite Eve:The Third Birthday and the release of the Nintendo 3DS. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 looks awesome as well.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »

I'm looking forward to Etrian Odyssey III, Parasite Eve:The Third Birthday and the release of the Nintendo 3DS. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 looks awesome as well.

after reading this post i checked youtube for any new videos and all i can say is wow. dante looks liek a beast and lol@ deadpools voice. its not bad its just funny.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: