Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:00:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334516 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade + The Last Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade + The Last Story  (Read 40005 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »

how is importing gonna tell nintendo anything other than that jrpgs are more successful in eu? im about to say FU nintendo and pirate that shit.

Because if it's highly successful there then that'll tell them that they probably made a mistake passing it up, and while soft modding's a grey topic that isn't allowed here pirating, particularly of a newly released or yet to be released game, is outright black and white: don't talk about it unless you're looking to be banned.

sorry i dont buy that logic

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »

what i want to know is how they came to the conclusion that they would be profitable in europe and not NA. it makes me think there is some external factor at play in america. part of me wants to blame the noah's arc level flood of shooters but is it really that simple? are shooters less popular in europe? or maybe its just supply and demand? maybe less games are released in europe so its easier for these games to stand out there? once while talking to a friend i compared shooters to an invasive species...perhaps i was more spot on than i realize.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/28/call-of-duty-black-ops-best-selling-game-ever-in-uk/
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »

Why buy instead of pirate? Simple. Money talks. We import, and that's money that Nintendo of America could have had that Nintendo of Europe is getting instead. Unless NoA localizes these games.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: July 07, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »

thanks for bringing that to my attention yoda. i guess i can cross that off as a possible reason.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: July 07, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

I'd think NoA would consider it as "yeah, we were wrong, but who would actually buy it again?" so alisha has a valid point.
Pirating it would probably make them think "a lot of people pirated it, but why would a pirate actually buy these games legally?" and still hesitate about future RPG stuff.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 07, 2011, 11:56:23 PM »

how is importing gonna tell nintendo anything other than that jrpgs are more successful in eu? im about to say FU nintendo and pirate that shit.

Because if it's highly successful there then that'll tell them that they probably made a mistake passing it up, and while soft modding's a grey topic that isn't allowed here pirating, particularly of a newly released or yet to be released game, is outright black and white: don't talk about it unless you're looking to be banned.

sorry i dont buy that logic

Even if NoA/NCL doesn't really care about Europe's sales figures in regards to US localization they'd still care about it selling well enough to translate further titles at all, it sucks to not get the games out here but it's even worse to not get them translated at all.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:01 AM »

If NoA doesn't end up bringing them over but the titles sell pretty well in Europe, it might be enough for them to consider localizing games like these ones in the future.

Which is somewhat what Eusis just said anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2011, 01:21:12 AM »

Err...doesn't Japan use NTSC?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2011, 01:34:59 AM »

This is most likely bullshit. If it was done last month, they would have announced it and avoided this fiasco all together. Why go through it if they're localising the games? That doesn't make sense.

Because if it's highly successful there then that'll tell them that they probably made a mistake passing it up, and while soft modding's a grey topic that isn't allowed here, pirating, particularly of a newly released or yet to be released game, is outright black and white: don't talk about it unless you're looking to be banned.

Pirating is stupid, because it doesn't provide proof that Nintendo missed out. Importing does - Eusis is exactly right. Hard sales numbers are the way to show Nintendo that they missed out.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »

I agree, $$$$ talks, one way or another...people that are gonna pirate are gonna regardless.

Everything's Eventual
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2011, 01:47:26 AM »

Yes - just a different region is all. Also suspect: They constantly say NSTC in the article. Still I hope there's a real source there, and not someone trolling OpRainfall.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2011, 01:48:44 AM »

They said it was someone from with NOA.

The whole thing doesn't add up though. Would Nintendo really go through that kind of a PR nightmare if they were already done?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »

Nintendo, especially the higher ups at NCL, simply may not act or think in a way that would seem logical to us. Plus it probably gives the appearance of easily caving in if it were for real but they had another time set to announce this stuff, better to give the impression of being MOSTLY unmovable so they don't get bombarded with other requests that are less likely to actually be fiscally responsible.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2011, 02:16:58 AM »

I dunno, if they had said "We're already doing this, quit bugging us", but nicely, it seems less troublesome in the long run.

Now Operation Rainfall is going to take credit and every game that doesn't come over is going to get a campaign like this.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 08, 2011, 02:46:52 AM »

Actually, if this is for real I could see them skipping Pandora's Tower entirely unless it actually does well in Europe. That might be enough to keep fan outcries from happening over every little thing, only the games a lot of people really want (like these).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: