Author Topic: Xenoblade + The Last Story

Eusis

• View Profile
Re: Xenoblade + The Last Story
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »
Strangely, that's only MOSTLY wrong! It's possible Nintendo would've rejected approving it due to the bugs it had, and it was cited it wasn't brought over due to technical issues. Otherwise Nintendo would've had no call in localizing/not localizing it though, and you could probably still blame Squaresoft for not bothering to fix it up or just not running it through enough QA before its original release.

Giga_Force

• SEGA Forever
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
I agree with you 100 %. I just wish I had the official game instead of the fan translated version which was great and better than nothing because my Japanese sucks but I know people complain about the fan translated version. I just hate that we missed out on a CRAP ton of SNES games that didnt come over most likely because of bugs or it wouldnt sell well over in the Western market.
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

PSN: Kenshin_EvoX
Steam, GOG & Xbox Live: Ivalice VKP

Currently Playing:

Waiting On: Shenmue III, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
Given what they did for SoM on the iOS maybe they'll do the same for SD3!

... Though I'd rather play that on a device with BUTTONS, but I guess it could be a downloadable 3DS game or something if it comes to that.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2010, 01:06:48 AM »
I get the feeling if it weren't for Dragon Quest X, RPG owners would have abandoned the Wii ages ago. I'm still contemplating it.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
I get the feeling if it weren't for Dragon Quest X, RPG owners would have abandoned the Wii ages ago. I'm still contemplating it.

Or they just played the Wii for different games? As frustrating as it is that something like Graces wasn't localized or how unlikely it seems both of these games will come here it's not like there hasn't been a wide variety of games that've interested me nevertheless.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »
Or they just played the Wii for different games? As frustrating as it is that something like Graces wasn't localized or how unlikely it seems both of these games will come here it's not like there hasn't been a wide variety of games that've interested me nevertheless.

Yeah, fair enough. There *are* other games for the Wii that I like, it just seems like there's less and less point of keeping the console when a large selection of games I'm interested in, not just RPGs, are continually being kept from NA.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:24 AM »
It's some consolation that some of them, like Fatal Frame 4 and to a lesser degree Disaster, we aren't missing out on. But if something like Xenoblade fails to come here then :(

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2010, 04:08:27 AM »
What do you mean we aren't missing out on them?

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2010, 05:14:34 AM »
Well, aren't missing out much on. FF4 wounds like a buggy mess, while Disaster wasn't the game I was hoping for (stuff like Raw Danger's closer). It's harder to make such arguments for Another Code R or Xenoblade though.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
Word is going round that Xenoblade is scheduled for a February release, including emails from Amazon to customers.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
Word is going round that Xenoblade is scheduled for a February release, including emails from Amazon to customers.

I'm going to hate Nintendo in an entirely different way if that's true.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »

Source? I mean, I can't find anything on that.=/

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

Source? I mean, I can't find anything on that.=/
You are not the only one. I would rebuy a WII if that was true.

Giga_Force

• SEGA Forever
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 01:23:42 AM »
If it was truly coming out next month, Nintendo would have this on their site by now.
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

PSN: Kenshin_EvoX
Steam, GOG & Xbox Live: Ivalice VKP

Currently Playing:

Waiting On: Shenmue III, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
I find it more likely there'd be an ANNOUNCEMENT next month rather than releasing the game. It'd be really stupid anyway; disregarding the competition they'd have DQVI out that month too, then Pokemon early the next. That'd be too many time consuming RPGs crammed into a roughly one month window! I do think it'd make for a nice June or July release though, so far that's fairly empty, only game I know of out in that period is The Witcher 2 early in May.