Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade + The Last Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade + The Last Story  (Read 39215 times)
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:34 AM »

No Xenoblade / Last Story would be terrible. :-(
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »

No Xenoblade / Last Story would be terrible. :-(

There's no way that could happen, right?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 09:13:49 AM »

In the US? Sure there is. Xenoblade's been out for over half a year with hardly a word on NA localization. Monado (old name) has been pulled from the Nintendo release schedule (may be for renaming, may not). As for The Last Story, the robust online component could be a killer in the US - but being a Mistwalker game I'm sure it stands a better chance than others. Again, no news sounds like bad news - but I was kind of hoping we were past the days of no-localization on major JP releases.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 04:23:57 PM »

In the US? Sure there is. Xenoblade's been out for over half a year with hardly a word on NA localization. Monado (old name) has been pulled from the Nintendo release schedule (may be for renaming, may not). As for The Last Story, the robust online component could be a killer in the US - but being a Mistwalker game I'm sure it stands a better chance than others. Again, no news sounds like bad news - but I was kind of hoping we were past the days of no-localization on major JP releases.

At least we get a whole bunch of NISA titles... =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

At least we get a whole bunch of NISA titles... =(

I appreciate the efforts of NISA to localize as much as they can (even if a lot of it is of questionable quality).  Really, I do.  But it is kind of funny how thanks to them and companies like Xseed, Aksys, and to some degree Atlus it almost feels like we're more likely to get obscure and mediocre JRPGs localized than the big-budget titles.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »

I know what you mean, I do apprecate them to.  It's just unfortunate that some of their titles are the B graded ones in Japan (and usually called "B grade" for a reason).

Atlus, I always found, was more of a B company, delivering As.  They can't seem to reach that height of Capcom and Squeenix (and others), but at least the quality and fun factor are there.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »

I was never interested in Xenoblade until recently, watched a few gameplay vids yesterday and it looked like fun...

I loved the main theme. A quick search and I find out it was composed by Shimomura! Mitsuda composed for the game as well... I really want this game now :(

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »

Half the reason I bought a Wii was for those two games. After Another Code, Disaster Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame IV, no Xenoblade and Last Story would pretty much ensure me selling my Wii.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:27 AM »

Half the reason I bought a Wii was for those two games. After Another Code, Disaster Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame IV, no Xenoblade and Last Story would pretty much ensure me selling my Wii.

I'm pretty close to it.
Maybe give some little 10 year old a Happy Christmas.

Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2010, 09:28:17 AM »

Xenoblade pretty much plays like every MMORPG out there. Why people are so excited about it ? I thought JRPG fans hate single player MMO.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »

Xenoblade pretty much plays like every MMORPG out there. Why people are so excited about it ? I thought JRPG fans hate single player MMO.

I DID enjoy FFXII a lot actually, the bigger problem with 'single player MMO' is when you take some of the worst aspects (grinding for items to pass a quest) without some of the best (large, well developed world). At worst I don't see Xenoblade taking only the worst there, and I certainly don't see it being as much of a time sink. Then again it's not like I'm limiting my game interests to JRPGs here either.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »

I DID enjoy FFXII a lot actually, the bigger problem with 'single player MMO' is when you take some of the worst aspects (grinding for items to pass a quest) without some of the best (large, well developed world). At worst I don't see Xenoblade taking only the worst there, and I certainly don't see it being as much of a time sink. Then again it's not like I'm limiting my game interests to JRPGs here either.

Yeah, if they can come up with an interesting world, which all the videos I've seen seem to focus on, I can see Xenoblade being very enjoyable.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

Because I'd like to try it for myself.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 12:44:06 AM »

Love blog about it right now

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-last-story-presentation

seems really good
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore