Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 10:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338358 Posts in 13851 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade + The Last Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade + The Last Story  (Read 40771 times)
Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »

I'd be surprised if NOA passed on these games. After all, they were developed in response to the tastes of international fans. But yeah, I'm not buying a Wii (which remains overpriced for what you're getting) until they actually hit the shelves.

Anyway, a player review has turned up at NeoGAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25798852&postcount=554
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2011, 05:58:32 AM »

The reason I brought up the website thing is because Nintendo of America registered those websites over a year ago.  Why else would you do that unless you are planning on releasing them here?  It still says Monado.  I really hope NOA keeps the name Xenoblade if it really does release in the states,

I really hope they don't. The last thing we need is for retarded fanboys to bash the game on the grounds that its a terrible Xenogears/Saga sequel.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2011, 06:19:54 AM »

The reason I brought up the website thing is because Nintendo of America registered those websites over a year ago.  Why else would you do that unless you are planning on releasing them here?  It still says Monado.  I really hope NOA keeps the name Xenoblade if it really does release in the states,

I really hope they don't. The last thing we need is for retarded fanboys to bash the game on the grounds that its a terrible Xenogears/Saga sequel.
Too late, I have already heard fans of Saga/Gears say that because Blade feels light hearted and isn't "grim dark".
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »

Anyway, a player review has turned up at NeoGAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25798852&postcount=554

TLS is mainly an on-rails action game.

...I'm okay with this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:33:42 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »

It's utterly naive to think that everyone that would do that doesn't already know the Japanese name. Ergo, completely pointless to keep the name changed.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »

I'm guessing we're pinning on e3 for this yeah?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »

Those are numbers are actually pretty low....3rd birthday outsold it be over 30k copies in its first week.
I agree, that's sad it looks like A Great RPG and it actually makes me want to buy Wii again. I think I will buy it again if there is US/Europe release.

People in Japan don't like shooters, but they love half naked Aya.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »

If Nintendo does pass up on both The Last Story and Xenoblade, they are fools.  Wasn't it somebody at NoA I guess Reggie that said the Wii was going to make up for the lack of RPG's?  Maybe im thinking of somebody else but my points stands.  These are probably the best two RPG's that could come to the Wii.  Muramasa and Opoona were fun but they are nothing compared to these two.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »

I REALLY hope The Last Story comes to America. I've been wanting this game for weeks and weeks unlike any other RPG in recent memory. I really don't know much about Xenoblade, let alone the Xeno(series), so I'm unsure if I really care about it getting released.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »

For the record, Xenoblade isn't part of the Xeno series really, at best it's as related as most numbered FFs are to one another. It was just renamed from Monado to that in honor of Monolith's prior major RPG series. The most you can hope for is that some of the same themes and stylistic choices are reused.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »

For the record, Xenoblade isn't part of the Xeno series really, at best it's as related as most numbered FFs are to one another. It was just renamed from Monado to that in honor of Monolith's prior major RPG series. The most you can hope for is that some of the same themes and stylistic choices are reused.

That's the thing: I know nothing of the Xeno(series). I'm really not hoping for anything...

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »

Probably better that way; you now know there's no reason to HAVE to play Xenogears or saga before this!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »

I can't believe I beat Xenosaga I-III in a month,lol.  Also while I was in the process of moving and I retained pretty much all of the story.  An Amazing series but Xenogears remains my favorite.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »

I'm probably the only one who prefer Xenosaga over Xenogears. I never finished Xenogears, though.

Last Story sales are even lower than 3rd Birthday sales. O_o I hope this isn't Sakaguti's last story.

Xenoblade sales are almost exactly the same (153,742).

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

Hopefully if America gets it, it will sell more.  I hope with those low sells, NOA decides to pass on this...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: