Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334453 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade + The Last Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade + The Last Story  (Read 39992 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »

Xenoblade looks like one of those games JRPGs NEED. Last Story meanwhile looks like what happened when you make JRPGs conform with popular Western design, and Pandora's Tower looks like one of those games that seems neat but ends up being underwhelming, kinda like some of the Wii games announced we didn't get and people forgot about shortly after release.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:10:18 PM by Eusis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »

I still want Another Code-R and Fatal Frame IV. :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »

I'll (mostly) blame Tecmo for Fatal Frame IV. Can't really blame Nintendo for wanting to publish a product with known serious bugs, and frankly I would much rather have all the worst patched out anyway.

... And man, how did Grasshopper/Tecmo completely ignore using the Wii Remote as a flash light? Geez.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2011, 04:25:03 AM »

I still don't understand why Nintendo didn't release the "New Play Control!" version of Pikmin 2 in America. They released the first one, why not the sequel?
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »

Saw this on Siliconera last night. Looks like there's a shred of hope.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/26/nintendo-of-america-take-notice-of-xenoblade-chronicles-fan-campaign/

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »

I read that someone tried this with Mother 3 and was a very well done campaign but Nintendo still crushed hopes.  I wonder if this will happen again or if this does prove to be successful, maybe Nintendo will go back from their past Wii and DS games that didn't make it over and bring them here for us to enjoy.  I've already listed the games I want brought over but I know that's never happening.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »

Mother 3 had a lot of hurdles Xenoblade at the least doesn't have:

1. Mother 3 was never translated by Nintendo into English in any part of the world, there's only a fan translation.
2. The game was coded in a way that made translating very difficult, which would further disincline Nintendo from wanting to bother.
3. The game came out almost two years after the DS debuted, and the last game worth giving a damn about was Final Fantasy VI Advance, hitting in January and thus less than a year after Mother 3's debut.
4. There MIGHT be some of the same legal issues plaguing it that plagued Mother 1 + 2, which have yet to hit the Virtual Console in any part of the world.

At least 2 of those don't apply to Xenoblade (there could always be legal issues for the US but not Europe/Japan, or at least cultural issues), and it seems to me like the game's probably coded in a translation friendly method if NoE's translating it, and that won't even matter unless NoA decides they MUST translate from scratch.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2011, 04:43:14 PM »

holy fuck, i had no idea Mother 3 came out so recently.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

Doesn't anyone know what the Japanese content is?  Forget spoilers, what the fuck is the problem here?

I get the Earthbound example, but Xenoblade is a complete mystery to me... what, why?  Seriously, what? 

I think it's Wii games in general.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »

I think after Baten Kaitos Origins, which apparently didn't sell too well, Nintendo wrote off all console jRPGs. That's just my opinion, and if it turns out to be true, it isn't a very good reason, as Baten Kaitos Origins didn't have much advertising, and it's been six years since.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:14:06 PM by Zendervai » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2011, 05:36:55 PM »

Doesn't anyone know what the Japanese content is?

As far as what I said about legal/cultural issues? That was just speculation, I don't know anything beyond the fact you can buy a bikini for one of the characters early on, and if it doesn't show on the character model (or if it's not preposterously threadbare) I can't imagine what the problem would be.
kdognumba1

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »

I wonder if this news from Nintendo will ever come

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »

I was thinking that NoA thinks that with the popularity of sports, FPS's, Western RPG's, there is no need for JRPG's on the Wii, why though?  People still play these damn games.  I hope Operation Rainfall is a success.  If Nintendo blows their customers off by not bringing these over, I will have absolute hate for Nintendo and that was very hard for me to type.  I can imagine how the Wii U is going to be treated for it's software if this doesn't come to fruition.  I was thinking that The Last Story and Xenoblade were going to be released on the Wii U because of the delay so far but that's not the case.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »

So xenoblade will hit Europe on September 2nd. I hope it does well.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »

pre-order bundle:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/28/europe-will-see-xenoblade-chronicles-in-september-heres-the-pre-order-bundle/
looks like a massive box for just those things

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: