Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Gran Turismo 5 Feature List - Coming November 2, 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Gran Turismo 5 Feature List - Coming November 2, 2010  (Read 10937 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »

DAMN IT, I NEED A PS3.
Sony needs to do a price drop again.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »

I don't think a price drop is in their plans right now. GT5 will sell the system this christmas. I just checked and GT5P remains one of the best selling PS3 games ever with 4.65 million and that was basically a demo for GT5... Not to mention that the user base was about half the current.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »

dammit sony give me my blue ps3 or kindly get fleeced
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »

I'm kind of amazed this game got a final release date.

I don't see the PS3 getting another price drop for several months at least. Spring/summer at the earliest maybe.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »

I just checked and GT5P remains one of the best selling PS3 games ever with 4.65 million and that was basically a demo for GT5...

The latest numbers put it at 5.09 million(saw it posted in the GT5 thread on NeoGaf). That`s more than any other first-party PS3 game this gen including Uncharted 2. GT5`s first print is supposedly 7 million.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »

I'm upgrading to a new wheel just for this!

Who here thinks GT5 will compete with Black Ops in terms of sales numbers on the PS3? I do!

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »

*sadface*
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »

http://yfrog.com/5h9qgsj

My Turismos, they are Gran!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 04:56:48 AM »

Bah! My copy will only be shipped today.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2010, 06:52:08 AM »

Okay, so i decided to give it a rental before purchase and i have mixed feellings.  Besides the occasional visual brilliance, it doesn't feel like they added anything new(besides the special events) to the package.  Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of stuff to do, but incentive isn't really there.  I suppose that the many reviews have sort of covered what i'm saying but the whole 'game' concept hasn't really evovled with the series as it perhaps should have.  You certainly can tell that it's an "unfinished" product in the sense that the scope and vision are almost impolssibly hight. It's not quite the evolution I was hoping for but still has the Turismo flair I've always enjoyed. Better than Forza 3?... not quite. I suppose had this game been in the cooker for another year, we may have had something truly revolutionary here.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »

it doesn't feel like they added anything new

Dinamyc weather
Day/night transitions
Nascar
Karts
3D
Head tracking
Cockpit view
Track creator
Multiplayer
Photomode
Custom soundtracks
Damage
16 cars on track simultaneously

Yup, those were all in GT4.

I already feel embarrassed of being a gamer after reading the Forza 3 vs GT5 thread on gaf so I'll just stop here. Whatever makes people happy.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »

I'm not going to argue with you but those things listed may be new to Turismo but not the genre. I'm not alone in my views either that while the game is certainly good, it's not the revolutionary step people were expecting.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »

I'm not going to argue with you but those things listed may be new to Turismo but not the genre. I'm not alone in my views either that while the game is certainly good, it's not the revolutionary step people were expecting.

The last game in the franchise was released 6 years ago so yeah, there was a lot of catching up to do. You didn't say new to the genre, you said new to the package which I assumed was the previous GT. Even so, you won't find a racing sim with half the content and features GT5 has.
Anyway, Kaz already confirmed that there will be updates and DLC to improve performance of the game and expand it even further, pretty much on a weekly basis. The first patch (not counting the one on release day) is coming this saturday and will ad several features to the online component like restrictions, leaderboards, etc.
There's another one scheduled for December 1st which will improve performance of the game, whatever that means. Might be faster menu navigation or improved framerate during races like they did for prologue.
I think we can expect the game to be significantly improved over time. I hope they gradually increase the list of premium cars, they are fucking amazing.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:10:36 PM by CDFN » Logged

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »

Dinamyc weather
Day/night transitions
Nascar
Karts
3D
Head tracking
Cockpit view
Track creator
Multiplayer
Photomode
Custom soundtracks
Damage
16 cars on track simultaneously

Yup, those were all in GT4.

I already feel embarrassed of being a gamer after reading the Forza 3 vs GT5 thread on gaf so I'll just stop here. Whatever makes people happy.
Those things would've been a lot more impressive if the game didn't take 5 years to finish. After 5 years of delays, promises of grandeur, and fanboy wank, what we got was incredible but underwhelming. You can't deny that the development hell the game has been in the past few years made its final release and product rather anticlimatic.

Also: GAF is full of retards anyway. SDF tards have been skewering anyone who didn't give it a perfect 10.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 06:50:49 AM »

Of course the game isn't perfect. The fact that some mistakes made it in after so much development time is yet another proof of how much is wrong with japanese game development these days. I just wish that the gaming comunity would show more appreciation for what they get instead of wasting the time that could be spend enjoying these fantastic games bitching on message boards. Most of my gaming friends are completely oblivious to this whole message board thing and are just enjoying the game. If they don't like it they just sell it and never think about it again. The thought of people taking close up pictures of headlights in both games and then posting them on the internet to defend their favorite game like their lifes depend on it is embarrassing. It's a miracle that such a level headed gaming comunity like rpgfan even exists. I guess I tend to forget that most of the stuff I read is probably posted by kids who don't have anything better to do.
Personally, GT5 is the most bang I've gotten for my buck this gen and most of the issues I see are very easy to fix. If they build upon this like they already said they would it has the potential to become something truly amazing.

We need to make a list of all the rpgfans who own the game and organize some races.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: