Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334504 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  One game you'd want Next-Gen Remake?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: One game you'd want Next-Gen Remake?  (Read 8518 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

Panzer Dragoon Saga. Great game, but it was way more ambitious than the Saturn's technology could really handle.

I am stunned to see how many Saturn fans reside on this site.Glad to be a part of the RPGFan community,that's for damn sure.

Long live the Saturn.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »

PDS has always kind of been one of those really popular rare games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:34 AM »

Baldur's Gate 2

Oddly enough I disagree with this for basically the same reason you disagreed with FFVI.  Baldur's Gate 2 is a fantastic game, but I really think  it's fine as it is.  It doesn't need a remake.

I'd like a FFVI remake, though.  It's been long enough now that it would be good to see.  Baldur's Gate 2 came out in what, 2000?  A game should be at least 15 years old before it gets a remake ;)

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »

+1 on Panzer Dragoon Saga.  EDIT:  Robert Boyd hit the nail on the head in that the game was very ambitious for the technology available at the time and would totally benefit from new technology to fully realize its graphical ambitions.  Of course, I would want the music to remain in-tact (maybe just cleaned up a little in Pro-Tools) as well as the original Japanese/Panzer voice work.  Normally I'm cool with English dubs and oftentimes PREFER to play games with the English voices, but an English dub of PDS would be sacrelig, I think.  Another reason I'd want to see this game in a modern format is because it's one of those "best games that nobody played."  I still have yet to play it and badly want to.  So it would still be a new game to me.   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:38:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:02 AM »

Suikoden 1 & 2.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »

Concerning FFVI I am a bit undecided. A question I would have is would it be sprites or 3d. Personally I think sprites would work a lot better. If it was created with modern 3d for Xbox360 and PS3 I would probably prefer if it came with FFIV and FFV (Similar to Phantasy Star 1-2-3 for GBA). FFVI is my favourite rpg but by todays standards it is quite short.

...I never understood the attraction people had for the graphics in FFIV for DS. All I can say is poor Rydia. Poor, poor Rydia.

lordyuanshu
Walkthrough FAQ Guides

TecmoSuperBowl
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »

...I never understood the attraction people had for the graphics in FFIV for DS. All I can say is poor Rydia. Poor, poor Rydia.

This is a big reason why even though I suggested FFV and the first two Suiko's, still would rather NOT see any of those remakes. They're going to F it up someway, modern JRPG makers just don't get it like they did back then. It'll be too easy, graphics too ugly. Too scared to use sprites or 2D. FFIV DS and Suikoden Tierkreis for example have some of the worst figures I have ever seen. Suikoden Tierkreis is the easiest game in battle that I have ever played in my life, and the kiddie voiceovers just make me want to die.

So now that I think of it I'd rather my gems stay untouched :) Because I don't have faith in them being reproduced successfully.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »

There are two games I've been dying for a remake of:  Earthbound and Secret of Mana

Be careful what you wish for! I too would love a Secret of Mana game, but I vividly remember how excited that Final Fantasy Adventure was being remade...and how HORRIBLE it was. Sword of Mana pretty much made a simplistic game into this moral angstfest full of villians and heroes who were morally gray...and then they talked about it NONSTOP. Don't get me started on the extra Malvole storyline they shoehorned in.

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. :|

Anyway, remakes I'd personally like to see:

The first Grandia. I'd love to see that remade with updated graphics, a remastered score, and decent voice acting.

A lunar remake! *GASP!* But no, not SSS for the millionth time. Give us Eternal Blue, bitches. That game needs a remake so we can get away from the fetus people of the PSX era.

Not so much a remake, but I'll take one: I want an honest to god GOOD Shining Force game. Bring out Shining Force II.

I actually wouldn't mind a Wild Arms remake. I'd personally take Wild Arms II, if only so the storyline would make sense to me.

Those are games I can think of off the top of my head.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »

hehe I should correct my post to a Secret of Mana remake that would be done right and not poorly.  The game was such magic for me on the SNES, but I went make to play it on the VC, and it hasn't aged well at all.  If they remade it and spruced it up some, I'd be one happy girl.  But yeah we've had horrible luck with the Mana games. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »

Suikoden Tierkreis is the easiest game in battle that I have ever played in my life

The previous 5 games weren't exactly Ninja Gaiden, either.  Complaining about a Suikoden game being easy is like complaining that a Mario game has too much jumping in it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »

+1 on Panzer Dragoon Saga.  EDIT:  Robert Boyd hit the nail on the head in that the game was very ambitious for the technology available at the time and would totally benefit from new technology to fully realize its graphical ambitions.  Of course, I would want the music to remain in-tact (maybe just cleaned up a little in Pro-Tools) as well as the original Japanese/Panzer voice work.  Normally I'm cool with English dubs and oftentimes PREFER to play games with the English voices, but an English dub of PDS would be sacrelig, I think.  Another reason I'd want to see this game in a modern format is because it's one of those "best games that nobody played."  I still have yet to play it and badly want to.  So it would still be a new game to me.

That's all well and good, Dincrest. But a port or remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga might never gonna happen.

Why? Because of this...

There is only one Panzer Dragoon Saga, and unless Sega makes a serious effort to emulate it, that's how it will remain, since it's rumored that the original code no longer exists, making anything but a raw data dump and emulation ( la Princess Crown to PSP) possible. Sure, Sega could re-create the game from scratch, but there's little indication that they would ever do such a thing.

- from 1UP, Panzer Dragoon Retrospective.

It has been already confirmed that the original code has been lost. And you really want that Sega put their dirty hands on this game? The Sega of today can't even make a good Sonic game, let alone a remake.

The same thing happen to Radiant Silvergun, the code was lost, if you want to play it be prepare to waste a lot of money.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »

That's all well and good, Dincrest. But a port or remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga might never gonna happen.

Why? Because of this...

There is only one Panzer Dragoon Saga, and unless Sega makes a serious effort to emulate it, that's how it will remain, since it's rumored that the original code no longer exists, making anything but a raw data dump and emulation ( la Princess Crown to PSP) possible. Sure, Sega could re-create the game from scratch, but there's little indication that they would ever do such a thing.

- from 1UP, Panzer Dragoon Retrospective.

It has been already confirmed that the original code has been lost. And you really want that Sega put their dirty hands on this game? The Sega of today can't even make a good Sonic game, let alone a remake.

The same thing happen to Radiant Silvergun, the code was lost, if you want to play it be prepare to waste a lot of money.

Team Andromeda was in charge of PDS.After the publishing of PDS,which was around 150,000 copies,Team Andromeda was disbanded and the code/programming was lost.There never was a second print of PDS and there are few remaining copies.Thankfully I have two copies,one is sealed in its original FuncoLand package.A remake is nearly impossible but Radiant Silvergun is still on the remake table for Sega.Treasure,the developer,still has the code and could remake it but its up to Sega on how much effort they will put into the RS remake.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »

Parasite Eve, and Koudelka. Oh god would I love updates of those.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 02:55:36 PM »

Wild Arms 2 and the first Advance Wars. I would love to see both these on a console, HD filled with A lot of extras.
 of
Koudelka would actually be pretty interesting for a remake, and greatly welcomed as well.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »

but Radiant Silvergun is still on the remake table for Sega.Treasure,the developer,still has the code and could remake it but its up to Sega on how much effort they will put into the RS remake.

Oh, yeah? That's good to hear, but Treasure is not the kind of company that makes remakes to be honest, maybe we can hope for a enhanced port? Just saying.

Anyway, hope to see some Radiant Silvergun in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: